The feel you get from FOOTBALL MANAGER.

Just been sitting here playing FM allday and no it does not get boring before you ask!! :)

Just wanted to know what feelings you get when playing the game,

i mean sometimes i sit there playing a game and start doing commentary on it( before you ask i'm not a weridoo ) lol

i'd sit there talking to myself like i was a manager talking to players but really i'm talking to myself in my head of course!!

like if a player gets sent off i go mad in my head like a manager would do, or if a player misses a shot by a inch i jump up like a fan would do watching his team, when i score i jump up like a nutter ;), theres no other game that makes me feel this way, it's mad how a game can do this, like sitting there the start of your first game and you start thinking about where your teams going to be in a few years time, how your going to plan it all out, what players your going to try bring to the club...

in the other hand ive been round a mates house and hes playing it, and has noo effort or nothing in him, just sits there like a grumpy old git.

hes face dont show nothing just stays the same, even when he scores, soo i was thinking to myself am i going mad or what haha..

i mean sometimes i sit there playing a game and start doing commentary on it( before you ask i'm not a weridoo ) lol

Looks like you haven't seen the other threads. :p

Football always gets that from me. I'll always jump when my team scores a goal, whether in FM, FIFA or RL.

Frustration mainly, followed by some small amounts of joy, nothing has ruined more days for me than FM, I'll play a couple of games in the morning and if i don't win then that day is pretty much ruined. Probably doesn't help that i usualy manage west ham. I usualy do ok but i always want more, then when i start doing well i get bored or a new patch or somthing comes out. Must be a tough job being a manager. Your mate sounds like a real life gaffer just sitting there emotionless lol.

Gives me a eeling of utter frustration when my team rolls over and dies once a season, namely in the away leg of my Champo League QF tie. Three years in a row ffs. I used to get more worked up over PES than CM/FM back in the day, especially when playing mates.

in the other hand ive been round a mates house and hes playing it, and has noo effort or nothing in him, just sits there like a grumpy old git.

hes face dont show nothing just stays the same, even when he scores, soo i was thinking to myself am i going mad or what haha..

So whats wrong with being a grumpy old git then.

Frustration mainly, followed by some small amounts of joy, nothing has ruined more days for me than FM, I'll play a couple of games in the morning and if i don't win then that day is pretty much ruined. Probably doesn't help that i usualy manage west ham. I usualy do ok but i always want more, then when i start doing well i get bored or a new patch or somthing comes out. Must be a tough job being a manager. Your mate sounds like a real life gaffer just sitting there emotionless lol.

haha i no he thinks hes a hard nutt just sitting there like nothings going on lol

So whats wrong with being a grumpy old git then.

haha nothing but least show something not just sit there not showing no love!!

I once took fm extremely seriously until I won my first champions league tittle on penalties with Partizan Belgrade, I was so excited that I jumped up an down like a lunatic, in the process tripping over my computer chair and smashing through my top floor bannisters down to the ground floor and breaking my leg in 3 places.....lesson learnt move the damn computer down stairs.....I'm still a lunatic when I win Though....

I once took fm extremely seriously until I won my first champions league tittle on penalties with Partizan Belgrade, I was so excited that I jumped up an down like a lunatic, in the process tripping over my computer chair and smashing through my top floor bannisters down to the ground floor and breaking my leg in 3 places.....lesson learnt move the damn computer down stairs.....I'm still a lunatic when I win Though....

This is epic :D

Couldn't help laughing at that, sorry. :D

Brillinat :)

I normally do the usual "come on" and "get in" and i do get p***ed off when a player gets a red card.

I once heard from a radio show that a lad at uni used to wear a suit and tie every Saturday when he was playing FM. I think that is taking things abit too far.

I normally do the usual "come on" and "get in" and i do get p***ed off when a player gets a red card.

I once heard from a radio show that a lad at uni used to wear a suit and tie every Saturday when he was playing FM. I think that is taking things abit too far.

looooooooooooooooool leave us out, thats taking it too far!!.

i rememeber 2 of my mates was doing commentary in clollege, so i gave them a test, it was Ashford town midd vs port vale in the fa cup, so i got them to do the commentary onit, and recorded it, it was great!

1 word nutter!! loool

I seem to remember someone on here ages ago saying he forced his sister to interview him post-match style or something. :D

Me, I think of little press conferences in my head, fist pumping when my team scores or wins, clenching my teeth going "Hnngharrgh!", or getting depressed when we lose.

Obsession! i just designed my new logo and kit for my FM11 save (relegating Wolves to the BSP and renaming them to Wolverhampton City Wanderers FC, basically starting from the bottom) found a supplier that can make the shirt and embroid the logo to it, once i win the CL, whoever scores the winner, his name will be immotalised on my shirt :)

Anticipation. Anger. Disgust. Fear. Sadness. Surprise. Desire. Hate. Hope. Love. Wonder. Sorrow. Rage. Terror. Anxiety. Contempt. Shame. Grief. Happiness. Joy. The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts.

I get annoyed quite easily, seeing same cheat issues about AI teams in every version I have played, starting from CM99-00. Thus, I only buy FM from "bargain bin" nowadays. I call that annoying stuff "Vaughan BS" and every time I see those things happen, I click "Quit Game".

On the other hand, FM is best footie manager available. But I did learn my lesson years ago and only buy it after few patches and with hefty discount.

Well I lose games I should'nt I get pretty angry, lol. I have to quit the game and do something different for a few hours. I know that makes me sound like I've got anger problems, but I'm actually pretty mellow. It's just that FM gets to me! On the other hand I am very happy when I win trophies!

Yesterday I played it for as long as I can possibly remember in one sitting - 15 hours!!!

Lot of fist pumping, encouraging players during the match, wishing the other team not to score. Its only when I go to bed, i have the press conferences!

Last night I shouted 'yes!' and pumped my fist because I could see in my news feed that Real Madrid had approached with a couple of games left in the season, it's 2022 and I'd just won my 5th straight Serie A with AC Milan and was about to win my 2nd Champions League in 3 years and was ready for a new challenge...and what better than to rejuvenate an aging Madrid squad. My flatmate was sitting on the other couch, and was very curious as to my joy. She was very disappointed when I revealed what had happened, as she thought I must have secured a date with a new lady or summat.

"No" I explained. "This is better"

Archived