Am i weird or does anyone else do this??

I strat my game in in Leaugue 1 (England) with four different teams. I am the manager of one team and I make people like Jaimie Redkanpp, Mark Lawrenson and Alan Shearer manage the three other teams. I take care of all four teams and also keep a talley of what players have on what. the most succesful players on my game so are players lik Jermaine Beckford, Snodgrass and Kisnorbo.

Is this a bit weird

I used to do that a few years ago, but I don't have the time or the patience anymore to do it effective. I would manage a lower league English team and a lower league team in another European country, and see which I could get to the highest league in their respective country first. On more than one occasion, my two teams would be fighting to sign the same player lol.

15 clubs???? That's ridiculous, surely your teams must have come up against each other at times? What do you do then? Is the temptation not there to offer players around these clubs?

For me 1 club limit, and 1 international team if I fancy a bit of variety.

Yes, if i was a big club wanting to offload players i would always see who i could shift them to in my other clubs, but i never benefitted my big clubs by getting the better players from my smaller clubs

The players i moved on were always on a downhill slope in terms of their career

I lvoed managing loads of clubs, gave a massive variety, it just got impossible the more complex the game got

Also, i dont think the game could ever handle it, i started getting random errors after a few seasons, and i didnt use any editors etc

:) This reminds me of a save I had about 10 years ago where I took over all of the teams in the Scottish top flight and put my friends as managers of each of them and then played a few seasons whilst pretending I was them and making decisions as I thought they would. Haha! I don't think I could do that these days, I just stick to the one club now!

:) This reminds me of a save I had about 10 years ago where I took over all of the teams in the Scottish top flight and put my friends as managers of each of them and then played a few seasons whilst pretending I was them and making decisions as I thought they would. Haha! I don't think I could do that these days, I just stick to the one club now!

Thats a bit sad mate

No, but i used to do this on Premier Manager 99 for the Playstation, i used to create 2 managers because if you just had 1 manager and you was sacked the game would restart.

So i created myself and another manager, Kevin Keegan and Stan Ternent were the 2 i most used back then.

And started a 'career' game where you can only be any one of 6/7 teams from Division 3 but you got job others from Division 2 almost straight away if you do good.

So i used to have a friendly rivalry going with myself and the created manager to see who could get to manage a Premier League team first.

Ahh Premier Manager '99 such a simple but highly addictive game, where you just clicked and your result was instant and i could do about 12 seasons in one day/evening.

I remember going to a friends house on the way to School, and his mum would be shouting for him when we got to his house and he had been playing on Premier Manager 99 all morning and wasn't ready for School yet haha.

They should make that game available for the I-phone, i'd never get anywork done. :D

With Premier Manager 2000 they completely changed the format of the game and the matches, they tried to make it more detailed which totally ruined the game imo, but Prem Man 99 was perfect.

I used to always sign a player called Sean Devine who was at Barnet and was class, he was a 4 and a half stars rated [out of 5 stars] player in Division 3, he was better rated than most Premier League players.

And i remember when i moved on to Lma Manager and then Championship Manager, i always checked for Sean Devine and he was average on Lma Manager and crap on Championship Manager.

Oops, i've drifted a bit off topic there. :D

Managing 4 teams in one division is ridiculous, there is too much conflict of interest.

What do you do when your teams play each other?

Its not really ridiculous, i am a massive Man Utd fan but enjoyed a 3 way title battle between Spurs, West Ham and Man Utd (all managed by me).

There were 2 games left to go and Spurs went to Old Trafford level on points, United were 2-0 up at half time, i changed the spurs tactics to a completely different style, and despite various tweaks on the Man U tactics to counter it, i couldnt prevent spurs routing them 6-2

I really enjoyed it as Spurs won their first premier league title, and also enjoyed rebuilding the United squad to challenge the next year

Its not really ridiculous, i am a massive Man Utd fan but enjoyed a 3 way title battle between Spurs, West Ham and Man Utd (all managed by me).

There were 2 games left to go and Spurs went to Old Trafford level on points, United were 2-0 up at half time, i changed the spurs tactics to a completely different style, and despite various tweaks on the Man U tactics to counter it, i couldnt prevent spurs routing them 6-2

I really enjoyed it as Spurs won their first premier league title, and also enjoyed rebuilding the United squad to challenge the next year

It is ridiculous because if you are controlling 2 teams against each other it's easy to favour one side by tweaking tactics to your liking. if you wanted United to get back into the game you could have, because you know exactly what tactics Spurs are playing. So even if you try to be impartial, something in your brain would always force you to create the result you want.

Also buying players, if you see a hot prospect who could fit easily into each of your teams, which club bids for him?

It is ridiculous because if you are controlling 2 teams against each other it's easy to favour one side by tweaking tactics to your liking. if you wanted United to get back into the game you could have, because you know exactly what tactics Spurs are playing. So even if you try to be impartial, something in your brain would always force you to create the result you want.

Also buying players, if you see a hot prospect who could fit easily into each of your teams, which club bids for him?

First of all, your logic would suggest that as long as i know the tactics of my opponent i would easily beat them every time, therefore making FM flawed. Is there no such thing as morale/random factors/form etc in FM that could have contributed?

Secondly, i would bid with both, each team would offer a role based on how i saw that player fitting into either team, then let the player decidesome of the results were surprising

First of all, your logic would suggest that as long as i know the tactics of my opponent i would easily beat them every time, therefore making FM flawed. Is there no such thing as morale/random factors/form etc in FM that could have contributed?

Secondly, i would bid with both, each team would offer a role based on how i saw that player fitting into either team, then let the player decidesome of the results were surprising

But you don't ever know exactly what the opposition is doing, unless you manage both teams.

Okay, put it this way. It's like playing noughts and crosses with yourself, or arm-wrestling yourself.

Have to agree with Kenco on this one, it's not something I could ever do as I really don't see the point or the achievement in it. BUT each to their own, like is said many times people can play their game how they wish.

Hey brother from another mother.................I always play 6 teams...

Arsenal

Lower Division team from England (in the past....Blackpool, Forest, MK Dons)

Paris SG

Borussia Monchengladbach

Real Madrid

Random Euro team (in the past....Galatasaray, PSV, Standard Liege, Partizan, Benfica)

NY Metrostars/Red Bulls sometimes as a 7th team

This year, all will hold true except, I will have an unemployed manager for the English lower divisions waiting to swoop in on some sorry team and FC Basel will be the Euro team of choice.

It usually takes me until July to finish a season. Then I wait impatiently for the next FM release.....come on FM12!!

So, no....you're not weird.

Might wanna keep this to yourself in future mate.

Four teams is to time consuming, 1 club 1 international team :D

I once managed 18 teams in what I believe was a '97 game. . .

I used to have a system when my teams came against each other (bear in mind I was about 5 when I did this)- I used to put EVERY player from both teams out wide and see who would score the most goals (usually about 40 goals per game). Provided my at the time young mind with much entertainment.

These days the highest I go is three- Arsenal, Norwich (local) and England. Usually just Arsenal. . .

Would be interesting to see my old tactic in the 3d screen. . .

I have gone through phases of continuing on profles from when my friends have played or adding them back in (along with others) for a feeling of competition, including annual tournaments. The heyday of that was a few years ago but I have kept on a friends manager from a couple of weeks ago right now.

Archived