Criticizing Refs

Wow thats a hard word to spell.... :p

Anywho,

Why does there not seem to be a 'middle ground' answer when asked about a penalty decision/dissallowed goal etc?

When asked, as we all very well know, you get 5 options:-

Abysmal decision; - FA Fine

A case for getting it wrong - FA Fine

Dont want to talk about it - Nothing

The ref made a good call

The ref was spot on.

What I'm asking is why does the second one down get you an FA fine?

The way interpreted that was more along the lines of;

"I personally thought he could have given a penalty, but he didnt so we have to move on"

But the game seems puts in into a context along the lines of;

"The ref was absolutly shoddy"

Managers say stuff like that all the time without gettin fines.

So every time I get this question I end up haveing to say 'No comment' because even though it looked like I could have a case, I have only ever won one and the next time I do I'll end up with a touchline ban.

Hopefully FM11 will explain the answers abit better

I think FA only fines you if the Critcism was wrong .Otherwise they just chhose remain silent.

Makes this feature pointless IMO.

The FA would choose to remain silent only once in a blue moon. I think Dan is right, this feature needs tweking. Lets hope FM11 polished the press conference well.

Unless the decision is a clear-cut mistake (take lampard's "goal" for england against germany) then criticising the ref only gets you a fine (and a touchline ban if it occurs again)

What i'd like is for the ban to not roll over (I criticised a ref once in 2018 and missied a match)... I can't remember a previous time (pre-2015) when i had done this

Absolutely ludicrous that i miss a match for my second offence in about 5 years

Its wrong, any criticism results in a fine then ban in the game, that is clearly not the case IRL.

Saying the ref decided the game might get you a fine.

Saying the ref got it wrong wont get you a fine or even warning. If that was the case, Fergie and Wenger would be on the phone to Ocean Finance right now.

yes im sure that its been looked it for 11. This is just one example of saying an answer in the conference and get a news item saying something completely different! eg "He still features in my teams plans" translates to "XXXX is first choice"

exaclty the same for refs, which can result in touchline bans etc, fingers corssed its fixed up

yes im sure that its been looked it for 11. This is just one example of saying an answer in the conference and get a news item saying something completely different! eg "He still features in my teams plans" translates to "XXXX is first choice"

exaclty the same for refs, which can result in touchline bans etc, fingers corssed its fixed up

So its realistic then? That is exactly what happens in real life with the news items changing from what you said.

Look at the ref's performance on the post-match anaylsis screen too that will give you a hint. e.g. "The ref had a good game" or "his decisions were pretty straight-forward" means don't criticise. "Was biased towards the hosts." means plug away.

I've criticised the ref a few times and the FA have always remained silent. Would be better if the ref got banned for a few games, or had some other effect. 3 yellow cards (Graham Poll) would be nice too :)

Always say nothing and that way you cant upset either the authorities or your players.

You shouldnt really have to though. No manager says nothing every time something controversial happens. If something is wrong then you should be able to choose the option to say so without getting fined every time. If we are just supposed to say nothing every time there really is no point in having this feature in the game.

Every week a manager says that he thinks a certain descision was wrong but he doesnt get fined. The only way you get fined is if you basically call the ref a cheat or overstep the mark. It seems like there is no middle ground with the game though and every disagreeing response is like calling the ref a cheat.

Archived