+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2011 release date

Default Football Manager 2011 release date

I’m delighted to be able to announce that we’ve set a release date for Football Manager 2011.

It’ll be release on PC & Mac, and FMH2011 on PSP, on November 5th, 2010.

Some countries dates might be slightly later, and when I have confirmation of any different dates I’ll post them on this thread.

Before you ask, there's no date set for the demo as yet, but it normally comes 2 weeks before the game is released.

Amateur

Yes! 10 10 10

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

Fantastic thank you!!

Amateur

Good news, at least you won't be getting the whole when will threads and tweets now!

Semi Pro

Tah Miles! Not too far away then...

This will never ever stop new thread being started daily asking when the demo's coming out.

Banned

14:01?!!!!!!!

shocking tardiness!

great news though

Amateur

very very very nice to hear!

thank you Miles!

Third Team

Expect fireworks

could't resist

Youth Team

Splendid. I've got plenty of FM10 to finish off yet, but hopefully this message will take care of unwanted new threads and discussions!

Part-Timer

Well, that's still a while. Already pre-ordered it btw.

On the upside, I can continue my long save for while.

Part-Timer

Good stuff, can't wait for its release

Reserves

Yes cant wait.

Part-Timer

thanks miles i carn't wait for this and it lands on bonfire night lol i will be sitting in my bed playing on this and watching the fireworks out of my window

Amateur

Its my long weekend off at work as well. Quality.

Amateur

Does anyone know what the system requirements are?

Amateur

Woooo can't wait

Part-Timer

Best news ever - thanks!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by luton View Post
    Should be the same as last year. Cant see them changing much.

Amateur

I booked the week off starting November 1st this week. Im not sure i will be rushing out to get it this year though. Im a bit non plussed this year, Nothing that the SI games guys have done, just think im getting older and the excitement is dying down for me year on year.

Banned

Bit of a Faux Pas from SI here I think. Now parents will have to cough up for Fireworks and Football Manager in the same week possibly. Would have been better to release it a few weeks before or after IMO.

Part-Timer
    will soon be to old to be playing this childish game. Soon - but not now.

Fantastic - hopefully FM11 will get me hooked again. FM10 somehow didn't catch my affection.

Amateur

Just seen Miles say on Twitter that as things stand they are same as last year

Part-Timer

49 DAYS TO GO

Amateur

Was hoping for the week before to get some playing time in before I need to split time with GT5, but still awesome and not too long away!

Amateur

Cheers rick

Banned

Should have been Oct 29th. A week too late. Poor show

Southampton Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    The 29th October release date was just one made up by retailers to help them get pre orders.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    The 29th October release date was just one made up by retailers to help them get pre orders.
    So they decide to release it on bonfire night when people already have plans, parents have to buy fireworks and so on. Poor descision making IMO. At least we have a date now though.

roberto922

Any news on an Ipad version Miles?

EDIT: oh come on ffs It's not like you have to get it on the day is it, their sales won't be affected by Bonfire. Plus those with Steam get it at midnight so can play before going out.

Southampton Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    So they decide to release it on bonfire night when people already have plans, parents have to buy fireworks and so on. Poor descision making IMO.
    I don't see why it being on bonfire night makes any difference what so ever.

No-one "has" to buy fireworks. How that would impact on computer game sales I don't know.

Banned

A week later than the leaked details suggested. I wonder was this put back a week to try and show that the leak didn't affect them and that the details were wrong?

It may have been set at Oct 29th but after the leak they decided to change it.

roberto922

Or the retailers were guessing like they always do....

Banned

Well for a start im sure SI would want people to have maximum playing time on release but they release on one of the biggest days of the year when many people will already have plans. Also people (especially ones with children) will be using their money for Fireworks, now they have to buy the game aswell. I know nobody is forced to buy the game on release day but there are a lot more appropriate days to release IMO, which would benefit both the user and SI.

Amateur

FFS There was no F-ing leak... Miles hadn't decided what day to release it on. The retailers guessed, based on last year, and were one week out.

Let them release it when it is ready. You don't try to eat a cake before it's baked do you?!

Southampton Researcher

A week later than the leaked details suggested. I wonder was this put back a week to try and show that the leak didn't affect them and that the details were wrong?

It wasn't a leak. It wasn't put back. As previously said. Retailers guess a release date to help get pre-orders. They have no idea when it will be until SEGA tell them each year. Hence why often different retailers use different dates.

Moderator and Technical Support

The requirements havent been released and will probably be published when the Demo is released. Cant think that they will be too many changes from FM10 though.

Third Team

Yes! I'm pleased as it's before December.

roberto922

Well for a start im sure SI would want people to have maximum playing time on release but they release on one of the biggest days of the year when many people will already have plans.
    No, no they don't. They're a business, sales matter, customer enjoyment between Nov 5th and FM12s release matter, but it doesn't mean a thing to them how much people play on the first day outside of sentimental 'they love it' pats on the back

Moderator and Technical Support

October 29th was never mentioned by SI or SEGA as a release date and was purely guesswork on behalf of retailers to get the pre order ball rolling.

Same day as Gran Turismo 5. \o/ Shame I won't have the money to buy either. /o\

Ooh - a conspiracy theory! Like most of them, it's not accurate though....

There have been, for many months, 3 possible release dates, of which October 29th was one of them. Following conversations over the last week, after I first suggested to SEGA that I'd rather be on the 5th November (the middle of the 3 possible release dates) as it would give us more time to polish the game (7 days is a very long time in games development), they agreed this morning that it's the right release date for the game this year.

roberto922

And oh lordy I seem to be on the same wavelength as MLG for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie MUFC View Post
    GT5 is November 2nd, I believe.

roberto922

In case you missed my post, any news on an ipad version?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post

There have been, for many months, 3 possible release dates, of which October 29th was one of them. Following conversations over the last week, after I first suggested to SEGA that I'd rather be on the 5th November (the middle of the 3 possible release dates) as it would give us more time to polish the game (7 days is a very long time in games development), they agreed this morning that it's the right release date for the game this year.
    In that case I am happy that the game is being released a little later then if it means a better game.

Part-Timer

No-one "has" to buy fireworks. How that would impact on computer game sales I don't know.
    Agreed, if you want the game you will buy it regardless if you "have" to buy fireworks. Didnt realise 5 November was a national holiday!

Youth Team

Well for a start im sure SI would want people to have maximum playing time on release but they release on one of the biggest days of the year when many people will already have plans. Also people (especially ones with children) will be using their money for Fireworks, now they have to buy the game aswell. I know nobody is forced to buy the game on release day but there are a lot more appropriate days to release IMO, which would benefit both the user and SI.
    What is this obsession with Bonfire night?! Do people really make such a big deal of it? You make it sound like some kind of religious festival we're encroaching upon.

Southampton Researcher

If it were released on the 1st or 8th November, the money they spent on fireworks would still be spent on fireworks. I'm sure most people's budgets can stretch to a computer game and some fireworks. In any case most people who want to see firework displays go to free public shows. Also if ordered online, the game will come on 3rd or 4th November.

Southampton Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    And oh lordy I seem to be on the same wavelength as MLG for once.
    It must be a worrying moment for you!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SWaRFeGa View Post
    What is this obsession with Bonfire night?! Do people really make such a big deal of it? You make it sound like some kind of religious festival we're encroaching upon.
    If you have children then yes.

Amateur

They'll certainly be fireworks when I boot up FM11 I can guarentee that!

Amateur

Then start saving.

Sorry SteveoRobbo, but I disagree with you here.

For a start, Fireworks night is a British thing. It doesn't happen anywhere else in the world on that night, and this is a global release. It's also not our fault that that falls on a Friday this year, which is the day that games are released.

Most people in the UK get paid monthly, at the end of the month, so whether it was the week before, or the week after, Fireworks day, makes no difference at all to whether people have money in their pockets or not. Most firework displays are over by 9 too, so lots of time to play the game in the evening.

The release date, from a selfish personal perspective, is really annoying as I too was meant to be at a fireworks display that evening, and it's my birthday the day before, so I'm likely to now have to spend my birthday in 2 or 3 different countries doing PR, then rushing back to the UK for midnight openings, and will likely miss out on the fireworks as I'll be doing more interviews. But, the thing is, it's the right day for us to release the game with the quality that we want to have. So that's why it is then, and I've already accepted another year without being able to spend my birthday with my friends.

roberto922

For me bonfire was always just a few fireworks in the garden and waving the sparklers around for a bit, 20 minutes at the most.

Banned

This rubbish about fireworks? You don't have to buy the game on release day and if you want the game bad enough you won't bother with fireworks.

Parents have to buy all that? Well that's like saying, it's coming out on the night my mum does her weekly shopping.

Save up for the game.

Southampton Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie MUFC View Post
    This is more the type of thing that SEGA/SI/Miles would look at. Though I doubt it would overly concern them.

Not fireworks night.

Part-Timer

For me bonfire was always just a few fireworks in the garden and waving the sparklers around for a bit, 20 minutes at the most.
    Yeah the only fireworks I want are those that will be released when i win my first game in FM11

Youth Team

Absolutely bizarre.

In case you missed my post, any news on an ipad version?
    You can get lots of news apps on the iPad

roberto922

I can see now why you're in game design rather than stand up.

Part-Timer

I haven't even heard of "bonfire night", not a clue what it is.

I look forward to it every year even though I don't take part. I watch everyone else's fireworks from my back garden.

Banned

For a start, Fireworks night is a British thing. It doesn't happen anywhere else in the world on that night, and this is a global release. It's also not our fault that that falls on a Friday this year, which is the day that games are released.

Most people in the UK get paid monthly, at the end of the month, so whether it was the week before, or the week after, Fireworks day, makes no difference at all to whether people have money in their pockets or not. Most firework displays are over by 9 too, so lots of time to play the game in the evening.

The release date, from a selfish personal perspective, is really annoying as I too was meant to be at a fireworks display that evening, and it's my birthday the day before, so I'm likely to now have to spend my birthday in 2 or 3 different countries doing PR, then rushing back to the UK for midnight openings, and will likely miss out on the fireworks as I'll be doing more interviews. But, the thing is, it's the right day for us to release the game with the quality that we want to have. So that's why it is then, and I've already accepted another year without being able to spend my birthday with my friends.
    Fair points I suppose. Unlucky about your birthday Aim for a early October release next year so you can get all the promotions out of the way before your birthday

Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    I haven't even heard of "bonfire night", not a clue what it is.
    Technically, it's actually "Guy Fawkes Night" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes#Gunpowder_Plot

Amateur

Great news! Although a bit later then expected.

BTW can we expect more feature announcements?

Amateur

Are the system requirements the same as last year?

Banned

Its never funny when the joke is on you.

I just want to add, I think it's good that Miles has stayed in the thread and responded to people instead of posting an announcement and going away and never looking at it again, as I have seen on other sites.

Amateur

Just make sure you dont miss the Watford Vs. Notts Forest match on Saturday 6th Nov!

In all seriousness. Fair play. You obviously love what you do to give up your birthday like that. I'll drink you a toast as I download FM11 on Thursday 4th Nov.

Very true.

Banned

This rubbish about fireworks? You don't have to buy the game on release day and if you want the game bad enough you won't bother with fireworks.

Parents have to buy all that? Well that's like saying, it's coming out on the night my mum does her weekly shopping.

Save up for the game.
    Obviously you dont have children, your own house ect. Saving for ANYTHING is hard enough

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield Sunday View Post
    Just make sure you dont miss the Watford Vs. Notts Forest match on Saturday 6th Nov!

In all seriousness. Fair play. You obviously love what you do to give up your birthday like that. I'll drink you a toast as I download FM11 on Thursday 4th Nov.
    Using Steam I hope

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Excellent news.

Will have to find £30 from somewhere!

edit: Watford v Forest is in November? damn.

roberto922

Well I am still waiting for a proper response tbf. I'm getting an Ipad on Monday so would be nice to know whether there'll be an FM2011 app for it so I know whether to get the FM10 one or wait, as he only mentions the PSP in the OP.

EDIT: That was @ Daly, a few responses while I was typing.

Amateur

Using Steam I hope
    Of course. Already pre-booked.

Banned

Obviously you dont have children, your own house ect. Saving for ANYTHING is hard enough
    I don't, no. That was aimed at kids who expect their parents to buy them everything.

Youth Team

That's got nothing to do with Bonfire Night, which is your main greivance. You've still got to save for it at any time of the year - and Bonfire Night will still come around.

Semi Pro

Awesome
    I have a 4 hour each way Train journey to Glasgow on Saturday the 6th
    Laptop shall be making the journey too

Banned

Of course. Already pre-booked.
    Very expensive on steam, in Ireland at least.

Banned

That's got nothing to do with Bonfire Night, which is your main greivance. You've still got to save for it at any time of the year - and Bonfire Night will still come around.
    yes your correct

Third Team

What was the third possible date? Just curious. As I said before, as long as it's released before December, I'm pleased TBH and TBF.

Cheers.

First Team Squad Member

Well, why don't you wait and buy it a few days later. SI can't cater for everyone. Fireworks night is one evening. You'll have all afternoon to play FM. Plus, I don't know what fireworks display you attend that costs circa £30, even for a family.

Amateur

Very expensive on steam, in Ireland at least.
    Same here. With some crappy bundled junk I don't want either... *shakes fist*

I'll certainly be trying to be at the footy, but at that time of year my schedule isn't my own - doing stuff for the game is much more important. I can't remember the last time I had a proper birthday celebration - probably 7 or 8 years ago! There's normally something work wise happening.

roberto922

November 12th. UK games get released on Fridays, so 29th, 5th, 12th.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    What was the third possible date? Just curious. As I said before, as long as it's released before December, I'm pleased TBH and TBF.

Cheers.
    I would have thought it was the week after. If october 29th is the first and November 5th is the second (and in the middle) that would suggest that November 12th was the third date. Unless ive read it wrong.

Southampton Researcher

If money is that hard, take the kids to a free public firework display and order FM11 online. It would be both cheaper, safer and infinitely better than a few fireworks in the back garden.

You will then get FM11 possibly as early as 3rd November at a cheaper price that at a shop(possible to get FM for under £20), and the kids would be happier seeing a large scale firework display.
    Last edited by Matthew Le God; 17-09-2010 at 15:03.

Banned

whens the patch due out?

Part-Timer

I would have thought it was the week after. If october 29th is the first and November 5th is the second (and in the middle) that would suggest that November 12th was the third date. Unless ive read it wrong.
    Nope correct

Banned

49 days .

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by masticator View Post
    whens the patch due out?
    No patches this time.
    The game has been tested thoroughly and not one user will encounter a problem

Right?

Banned

If money is that hard, take the kids to a free public firework display and order FM11 online. It would be both cheaper and infinitely better than a few fireworks in the back garden.

You will then get FM11 possibly as early as 3rd November at a cheaper price that at a shop, and the kids would be happier seeing a large scale firework display.
    Or as late as 12th November tbh

roberto922

Or midnight on the 4th off Steam guaranteed.

Banned

No patches this time.
    The game has been tested thoroughly and not one user will encounter a problem

Right?
    if only...lol

Part-Timer

That would still make it the 5th though.

Southampton Researcher

Or as late as 12th November tbh
    Use steam then.

Semi Pro

Brilliant news, will save me a few quid as i won't be attending any firework displays, i'll be FMing instead this year

Banned

For an extra €20

Banned

If money is that hard, take the kids to a free public firework display and order FM11 online. It would be both cheaper and infinitely better than a few fireworks in the back garden.

You will then get FM11 possibly as early as 3rd November at a cheaper price that at a shop, and the kids would be happier seeing a large scale firework display.
    Excellent advice. I'll probably end up doin that now. Maybe its just a dad thing but I kinda like doing it myself in the garden. Cant really explain it.

Banned

Use steam then.
    As I said. Extra €20.

I will do what I always do. Get it in a shop on release day for a decent price. More than online, less than steam. No worries.

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

if your the sort of person, like i am, who buys fm on release date, your not going to care if your doing something else on that weekday. your not going to think 'well i was going to buy it on realse day, but since i'm going out to see some fireworks i'm not going to bother now'.
    those that pre order for release day, or who go out on the day to buy from a shop, are still going to do so, regardless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast