Welcome to the FMCU Awards! - Tonight Only!

Deisler26

400px-ChineseTheater.jpg

"Hi there! And welcome to our coverage of the FMCU awards

There are already people gathering here at the Forum, waiting for a chance to see the stars of the FMCU threads.

Stay tuned for our pre-awards coverage, continuing all the way up to 9pm when the awards themselves will kick off"

It looks to be a glamorous night for this, the first ever FMCU awards..

As we all know, the crowning jewel of these awards is the Best FMCU Career and speculation has been rife over who is going to collect this coveted award. A lot of good careers in contention including a career that's less than 150 views away from 50,000!! Astounding! And now over to Claire on the red carpet.

"Thanks D! The atmosphere is steadily growing down here with people here starting to get more and more excited as the minutes tick by. I haven't seen any of the nominees yet, but I can tell you that there's a lot of interest in the 'Freedom For Tooting & Mitcham!' thread this year. The creator is well-known in the CU circles as a moderator amongst mere posters and he's always got to be the favourite for the categories he's been nominated for! I'll be back later to give you the rundown on the nominees entrances! And now, back to you in the studio!"

Thanks Claire! We'll be back after these messages

And we're cutting live to Claire on the red carpet

Michelle_Red_Carpet.jpg

"Hi D! Welcome back folks! We've JUST heard that the odds on 'This is a Tribute - DodgeeD's World Tour' have just gone through the floor. It's now 2/5 to win any award and you know what they say, when they close the book, it's usually a sure thing! The thread's author is also up for Best FMCU Poster too and although the odds are steady, one has to speculate he's going to be a contender for the title. Thank you and it's back to the studio!"

OK, OK, we go now live to Claire on the carpet, Claire?

"Hi D! We've just had our first guests of the night turn up! The first limo opened it's doors and DodgeeD stepped out and waved to the crowd! He looked slightly shabby, dressed in a suit that must be lucky for him as it's clearly seen better days, D!"

Hahaha, Claire. What else can you tell us?

"Well, he's up for a number of awards and as he walks up the carpet, greeting people, he looks like a man confident of walking away with an award!"

"Next, D, we had Raware arrive. He stepped out in some very odd footwear, almost silver snakeskin. I tell you, his stylist won't be the most popular person after they see these reviews. Raware himself is up for Best FMCU Poster Award and I think he's the dark horse amongst the nominees for the award. He's now stopped to speak to a prominent member of the crowd. A guy who introduced himself as 'Nobby' earleir and is renowned for appearing in almost all the threads on show tonight."

Thanks Claire, any more?

"No, D. I'll check back in later!"

Thanks Claire. We'll be back in an hour with the countdown and Claire on the carpet!

"Next, D, we had Raware arrive. He stepped out in some very odd footwear, almost silver snakeskin. I tell you, his stylist won't be the most popular person after they see these reviews.

What can I say...I wore them for a bet. At least if I don't win an award i'll take home 50 quid for wearing those shoes! :D

We're back and Claire has some news, Claire?

"Hi D! We've just had two stunning entrances to the venue. Dafuge stepped out, wearing a rhinestone suit and his 'BIG I AM(oderator)' hat. The camera absolutely loved him as he sashayed up the carpet. His thread 'Freedom For Tooting And Mitcham' is considered to be THE favourite for tonight and doesn't he know it!"

Thanks Claire! With 30 minutes to go, who else has come along?

"Well, D, rancer890 has just flown in from Canada just for this show. He was resplendent in a padded lumberjack shirt, Nirvana t-shirt and ripped jeans. Canadian fashion clearly hasn't got past 1994 here! He's considered to be an outsider for most awards, but like Canada itself, it could surprise! And now, back to you in the studio!

Thanks Claire. We're under 30 mins away from the start and it's looking to be a great one!

We're just ten minutes away from the first award of the night and the atmosphere is electric.

I'm just looking at the crowd and I'm seeing a lot of familiar faces so tonight looks to be excellent!

I'm getting told that Claire has something for us, Claire?

"Hi D! We've just had the late arrival of AcidBurn, who appeared from the limo, unshaven and looking a little dishevelled. He tucked in his shirt and smirked as he walked up the carpet. As he left the limo, we caught a glimpse of a mystery blonde in the back. Who is she? We don't know as of yet, but I'm sure we'll get details later!"

Wow, what an entrance! Thanks Claire! Let's go down to the floor for the start of the awards!

*voiceover*

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to the first ever FMCU Awards ceremony, live from the Forum. And heeeeeeeeeere's your host...DEISLER26!!"

*applause*

Hi guys, it's time for the FMCU Awards. The first award up is the FMCU Under-The-Radar Award. This award is given to the person who doesn't have the exposure of the usual main forum posters, but is primed for a breakout!

And now, for the nominees, I'm handing over to my co-host, Anne Hathaway! Anne?

Ha ha, I can picture rancer in his lumberjack shirt, Nirvana t-shirt and ripped jeans now! Well, it was in fashion...back in the 90's ;)

I definitely can't...totally not my style. :p

tbf, I am trying to find some ripped jeans in the mall lol. But that's it.

The ceremony is getting underway \o/

Thanks D!

The nominations for the best Fountain Of Youth career are as follows; This award celebrates those careers that have kept on going and going and going. The Nominees are...

* When The Saints Go Marching In - Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save!

* Freedom for Tooting & Mitcham!

* We Were Robbed! The Story Of Crook Town F.C.

Let's have a look at the nominees in action

When The Saints Go Marching In: Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save!

Freedom For Tooting & Mitcham

We Were Robbed: The Story of Crook Town FC

Woo! Thanks Guys.

There are so many people I would like to thank. But mostly I would like to thank my wife for not nagging while I play FM. Well actually I would like to thank Sony for my headphones so I don't hear my wife nagging while I play FM. I'm gonna sneek off early with my gong as I have an after party planned then an early start for work.

Good luck everyone.

Thank you Anne!

Yes, this is shaping up to be a great night! There's a great atmosphere here and the award winners are looking happier than ever.

Let's go to Jennifer inside the auditorium, Jennifer?

"Hi D! Yes, it's crackling here, a really great night! Although the free booze must be helping!"

Hahahaha, great! Anything to tell us?

"Well, we had an interesting moment earlier when Purefun turned up and threatened to bring the whole thing to an end unless he was nominated, but he was given a few pounds and told to go away quietly!. We also had sights of the elusive 'Nobby', but no-one's been able to get a mic on him."

I understand you have someone there to interview?

"Yes, D. I have Jay-Z here!"

grammyred01.jpg

Wonderful! Anything from him?

"Of course, So, Jay-Z, are you an FM fan?"

"Fo'Sho"

"Wow! What team do you like to play as?"

"Ahm-a play NY Red Bulls, yo. With my homes, TH14!"

"That's Thierry Henry, right?"

"Fo'Sho"

"Thanks, Jay-Z!"

"Ma pleasure!"

"Back to you, D!"

The next award is for BEST FMCU THREAD NAME. So over to Anne, Anne?

"Hi D! This is for the Best FMCU Thread name award. For those puns or plays on words that you all love so much! And the nominees are...

* What's death like?... Have you ever been to Swindon

* Serie-A-A-A-A..Stayin Alive!

* The blood that Corsicas through my veins

Let's have a look at the nominees in action.."

What's Death like? Have you ever been to Swindon?

Serie-A-A-A-A-Stayin Alive!

The blood that Corsicas through my veins...

The last award is for the FMCU Journeyman Award. And as ever, it's over to Anne for the presentation. Anne?

"Thanks D! We're close to the end now and this is THE FMCU JOURNEYMAN AWARD. The nominees are...

• 'Hoppin Around Europe' by coachflu

'This Is A Tribute: DodgeeD's World Tour' by DodgeeD

• 'Continental Dominance: First New Zealand Then The World by AcidBurn

Let's see the nominees in action.."

Coachflu

DodgeeD

AcidBurn

Congrats Uncle Ron on your award and may I say...

A BIG thanks to the guys who voted for me! :D :D I'd like to thank all of you guys who have made our new forum such a great place to post and read. There's a real nice feeling around the place. I'd also like to thank my stylist for dressing me in those silver shoes which I think helped swing the decision. But, like WH, i'd like to thank the missus most for not nagging when I play FM :D

Archived