liverpool bug/prob?

so i started my first game of fm2008 and inthe first season liverpool finished about 15th and flirted with relegation, benitez got sacked mid way thru too.

I started a new game a couple of days ago and benitez was sacked by november 17th place! they have just sacked his replacement in feb! two games and two massively dissapointing campaign for liverpool has anyone else experienced this? btw in both games i was west ham

so i started my first game of fm2008 and inthe first season liverpool finished about 15th and flirted with relegation, benitez got sacked mid way thru too.

I started a new game a couple of days ago and benitez was sacked by november 17th place! they have just sacked his replacement in feb! two games and two massively dissapointing campaign for liverpool has anyone else experienced this? btw in both games i was west ham

I've just finished my first season with the 8.0.1 patch play as Liverpool.

I am dissapointed to say we finished far below where I expected us to end up. A miserable 2nd place.

As for Starr_Man5, sacking Rafa at the moment will be, in my opinion, a big mistake. I feel you underestimate both Rafa and the potential he has spent time developing at the club. Although I am not expecting us to win the league this year, I do believe we will win it within the next two and a half seasons if Rafa is given time to finish what he has started. This is the first season he was allowed to spend a large sum of money on one player. That player was Torres. He also brought in Lucas and Babel for what I feel will prove to be a very measly sum indeed. If this trend continues, these players fulfil the potential they have already shown at a young age and Rafa continues to bring in very good young talent, the future is very Red indeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJdeMarco:

I've just finished my first season with the 8.0.1 patch play as Liverpool.

I am dissapointed to say we finished far below where I expected us to end up. A miserable 2nd place.

As for Starr_Man5, sacking Rafa at the moment will be, in my opinion, a big mistake. I feel you underestimate both Rafa and the potential he has spent time developing at the club. Although I am not expecting us to win the league this year, I do believe we will win it within the next two and a half seasons if Rafa is given time to finish what he has started. This is the first season he was allowed to spend a large sum of money on one player. That player was Torres. He also brought in Lucas and Babel for what I feel will prove to be a very measly sum indeed. If this trend continues, these players fulfil the potential they have already shown at a young age and Rafa continues to bring in very good young talent, the future is very Red indeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about what Starr Man says he knows nothing icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> if Rafa is given time to finish what he has started. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And loads more money thrown at him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Don't worry about what Starr Man says he knows nothing icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dost thine eyes deceive me. icon_eek.gif

The great Bill T'interwebbing from beyond the grave. icon_wink.gif

P.S. The lack of education was noticed so I had nothing to lose (other than a little time).

Yeah it's strange, Liverpool always seem to do really badly and sack Rafa when controlled by the AI...which is painful to watch as I'm a Liverpool supporter.

One time they sacked Rafa after 30 matches and Liverpool were in 7th place. They hired Javier Aguirre, his first match in charge was a 7-0 loss to Man Utd!

Benitez is still manager in my game in 2012. Results hover between 6th and 3rd. However, Blackburn seem to be given this curse, with Hughes being sacked (and then appointed man utd manager!!). Blackburn now mid-table in Championship

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neverwalkalone19:

Yeah it's strange, Liverpool always seem to do really badly and sack Rafa when controlled by the AI...which is painful to watch as I'm a Liverpool supporter.

One time they sacked Rafa after 30 matches and Liverpool were in 7th place. They hired Javier Aguirre, his first match in charge was a 7-0 loss to Man Utd! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why aren't you liverpool manager!! Save them! Although as a Chelsea supporter i'd rather you didn't!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy 'the red' Howard:

Yeah, 4 major cup finals in three years. I would sack him tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may do well in cups, but you'll never win the league with him, despite having the best squad you've had since the 90s.

I really don't get the scousers loyalty to him, lookinb from the outside, and most non-'pool fans agree he is the one thing holding you back, which is a shame as I'd like to see Liverpool win the league again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Mann:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neverwalkalone19:

One time they sacked Rafa after 30 matches and Liverpool were in 7th place. They hired Javier Aguirre, his first match in charge was a 7-0 loss to Man Utd! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why aren't you liverpool manager!! Save them! Although as a Chelsea supporter i'd rather you didn't! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was managing West Ham at the time, they didn't even offer me the job! I have trouble managing Liverpool anyway, i like all our players so I can't bring myself to sell them!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJdeMarco:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Don't worry about what Starr Man says he knows nothing icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dost thine eyes deceive me. icon_eek.gif

The great Bill T'interwebbing from beyond the grave. icon_wink.gif

P.S. The lack of education was noticed so I had nothing to lose (other than a little time). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't take LFC advice from Bill.

He died an Evertonian you know.

Just to add to the FM08 Liverpool manager element of this thread, I started a game as Manager of Liverpool (giving myself a decent rep), won the premiership in first season, ahead of board two year plan! 2nd season finished second, went out in League Cup and Euro quarters. Lost in FA cup final to the Gooners, and had acquired some great young talent to develop (much as Rafa has done). Guess what, sacked! So I've gone to Valencia and started nicking the talent back!

Point being, seems with all the board expectation and financial issues, managing some of the bigger clubs as a human is precarious at best. In other games, I have seen Rafa still there after 6 or 7 years, with no trophies and sacked after 2 after winning the league. I have also seen, shock of shock, Sir Alex fired after one season, and Chelsea have more managers than you can shake a stick at.

So, in response to the title of the thread, it's not a "Liverpool" thing, though as some-one who always wants to take The Reds to glory, I can understand how frustrating it can seem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy 'the red' Howard:

Yeah, 4 major cup finals in three years. I would sack him tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The white flag waved a Reading said it all.

He's a great continental manager, no doubt about it, but he's not fit for the English game.

Benitez and Ferguson were sacked in my first season for being 17th and 16th in January, replaced by Boothroyd for Benitez and Coppell for Ferguson, Boothroyd then went on to win the league and cup double 3 times in 5 years. The mancs got into the champs league once, and didn't qualify for Europe one season after my Atletico team dumped them out of the UEFA and they ended up 15th in the league.

That was an awesome game

Rafa lasted until 2010 in my game. Lost his job along with Moyes, Ferguson, Ramos and Agguire (new Chelski manager), all the boards stating they needed to go in a new direction. Everton, Tottenham and Liverpool all offered me the jobs. I took the Liverpool one for the hell of it, although I had been Leeds and signed a bunch of freebies, amongst them van der Vaart and Farfan.

Still can't sign Bojan though.

liverpool are dreadful on my villa save, and for some reason in a crucial 4th place decider in the first season Rafa didnt play Gerrard and Torres, but played Nemeth, San Jose and Flynn. Out of the UEFA cup so they had no midweek game

WTF??

on the rl issue, Benitez has been given 4 years to overturn a massive defecit in class over man utd and chelsea, and is doing fine. 4 major finals and an influx in young talent is what the reds need over the next few years to build a good foundation for league sucess.

ferguson and wenger have had 10 years plus spending more money than Benitez, and in the past 3 years, on less money Rafa has been expected to overturn this gulf in class with less money and time that the others....

Archived