+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about newgens ?

Amateur

Default Question about newgens ?

I just noticed something about my 2 longterm games, and was wondering are some newgens appearing on every game ?

In my Man City (year 2017) game i had an Italian player named Robert Gandola, which was a defender, of nice quality. Then now in my Stevenage (year 2026) game, the same newgen appeared, Robert Gandola, Italian defender again..

Is this possible or is it pure luck ?

Amateur

Are you sure it's the same player? Does it have the same attributes?

That's a common Italian name so I'd say it's pure coincidence..

Amateur

In my game there is an Italian CB names Roberto Gandola. I have called him up to play for England though as he was eligible!

Your guy have an "o" on the end of his first name? 'Cos my guy does

Amateur

I also have some funny name "dualities", for example, I have two English lads names Phil Moss and Jack Moss, I have spanish LB and RB named Angel & Cristian, I have a LM and a RM named Dottori and Fattori, and I have two defenders named.... Merry and Moody.. one happy and one is sad

Also my two best CM's are named Dujic and Zukic....maybe I am looking into it way too much but I find it funny that all my partnerships have similar names.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Bruun View Post
    I just noticed something about my 2 longterm games, and was wondering are some newgens appearing on every game ?

In my Man City (year 2017) game i had an Italian player named Robert Gandola, which was a defender, of nice quality. Then now in my Stevenage (year 2026) game, the same newgen appeared, Robert Gandola, Italian defender again..

Is this possible or is it pure luck ?

Newgens are unique to every save.

A newgen might share some details with a newgen in another save but he is a different unique player.

Amateur

Ive got a Roberto Gandola. in 2017 and hes a 22 year old italian striker. It must be just luck

Amateur

Lots of staff get put into the game.

Type faceinthegame in the search bar.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon_Rising View Post
    In my game there is an Italian CB names Roberto Gandola. I have called him up to play for England though as he was eligible!

Your guy have an "o" on the end of his first name? 'Cos my guy does
    In my games both are named Roberto Gondola, so yeah its with an o, and they have almost similiar stats, and actually both are born at same day! 7/4! One at 1994, other one at 1995

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Scath View Post
    Lots of staff get put into the game.

Type faceinthegame in the search bar.
    yeah just did that. of the 200+ si staff available at the start of the game, only 45 are left halfway through the 2015/16 season

Part-Timer

I once got two Brazillian regen centre backs, with a different names but the same "nickname" (forget the nickname now). Had the rename one "x the younger" and the other "x the elder" (1 year being the age diffence between them)

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by celebritykiller View Post
    I once got two Brazillian regen centre backs, with a different names but the same "nickname" (forget the nickname now). Had the rename one "x the younger" and the other "x the elder" (1 year being the age diffence between them)
    Why not name one "XXXX" then the other use his real name "XXXX XXXXX"? I had to do that in Fm08, had two Ramon's so named one his real name, Ramon Sousa.

Semi Pro

Type faceinthegame into the search everyone of those are newgens that will appear in every game if you get far enough. Alot of the players are named after si employees and some have funny personalities type it into google to find out more

Amateur

Roberto Gandola works for SI. Names of people that work for SI pop up regularly as regens in peoples' games. If you search 'faceinthegame' in the search bar in your FM game, you'll get all the regens (either staff or players) who have a name of an SI employee. Others you can expect to see are Craig Hunter, Phillip Rolfe, Neil Brock, etc.

Amateur

Sorry for bumping this thread up.

I'm the real life Roberto Gandola.

I don't work for SI but I passionately help them to make the game... this is why I was inserted as a newgen and I spawn everytime in some of your games.

+ Reply to Thread