Holiday or not holiday ?

I have a save I still have only to see whether I ll have a stadium named after me, if ever a new stadium is bought. This is my longest and best save ever. However, I am losing patience and the save doesn't bring me fun anymore : I do the triple almost every year with no threat. I am thinking of new challenges (a save where I would have to accept any job offer, or a save where I would have to never stay more than 2 years at a position, or both. Still hesitating :)).

Anyway, I am thinking of holidaying for the first time. I ve never done it so far. So I have questions :confused:

- Is the feature a save killing ? I mean I have the feeling I wouldn't be interested in the save at all after that, or it will never be the same anymore somehow, am I wrong ? (this is why I ve never done it before and why for this save not fun any more I am considering it)

- When you holiday, what period of time do you holiday ? Everytime except months of January and August for mercato's ? Or are there specific date that you would not miss, for instance coaching the team for important games, such as cup games, or at least CL games from semi finals ?

- Is the AssMan good enough, providing he is one of the best available in the world ? I mean in friendly's I checked and he has done 8-0 and 7-0 against low opposition and with fair formation, but the one after he did only 2-0 and then he went down 0-1 against Benfica, and the formation I didn't like too much (CM, CB and ST wrongly placed relying on their best foot). I understand friendly's are also here to do tests, so maybe that's what he intended to do, but not sure.

- Regarding injuries, does he manage them well ?

- If I ve won the 8 last premier league titles and would win the next one easily, and he has top world players as each position and all have brilliant back ups, can the AssMan still manage to miss the title ?? lol

- Same with morale, especially for 1st team players available for reserve as not priority in the first team, does he include them in some games sometimes to keep their morale ok ?

- Regarding deals, can he deal without your thoughts ? Even outside mercatos, he could sign deals for next transfer window, so taking back the team in January could be no guarantee.

Ok I think I have asked everything. Thanks and don't hesitate to add any further details I might have forgotten :thup:

I don't think he has the power to sign players, if you're intending to holiday a lot of the season I'd pretty much act in a way that you pick what players your team gets during the transfer windows, and which ones sell, and then holiday the rest. Formation depends a lot upon the assistant's preferances, it could be ghastly, it could be alright, also he could be good at motivating, them, or you could come back with half the team "feels you dont give the team enough credit".

Anyway, I'd save my game as a seperate backup before attempting holidaying so you can go back if he royally messes up your season and you decide you have to do it yourself. I'd holiday in chunks, and make sure I play during the transfer windows.

I do not think he'd give youth players the perfect amount of games though, you could just go through week by week manually and pick the team and then holiday with "use current selection" and "use current tactics" for only the match day so he'd start with the squad you pick, it might speed things up, and you could take control of important champions league matches and the likes. Would be slower but the results would likely be better. I personally wouldn't trust my current assistant to manage the team a he always has the team feeling they dont get credited enough despite having 15 motivation.

- If I ve won the 8 last premier league titles and would win the next one easily, and he has top world players as each position and all have brilliant back ups, can the AssMan still manage to miss the title ?? lol

He can and he will. There's no way you're gonna win the title if you holiday an entire season. You could have mourinho as your ass man and you still wouldn't...

Archived