High Tax

I'm not sure if this a bug, and if so I can't find a place to put it in the bugs forum.

Anyway I'm San Lorenzo in Argentina and taxes are really preventing me from growing. I'm making fantastic business in the transfer market and have a knack on making massive profits on players, but now I am having to sell players I'd prefer not to, to stay afloat! Ever since my 2nd season my monthly tax expenditure has been higher than my monthly turnover which doesn't make sense to me.

Granted, with the unprecedented success I tend to bring to a club, I should expect higher tax but this really doesn't make sense, considering the way it occasionally fluctuates. I know certain teams have to sell to survive but San Lorenzo isn't really one of them, especially now I made them the most successful team in S. America...Please take a look and see!

screenshot20100905at125.png

screenshot20100905at125.png

I've experienced the same problem before.

I believe that the tax in the game is calculated using the previous season's profit and the current wage bill. Unfortunately, if you bust a gut to try and make a big profit by selling star players, the tax comes back to hit you the following year when you can't really repeat that profit. As I've discovered, flash sales of players is not the way not make a good profit in the long run, what you really need is a steady income from something like gate receipts.

I know the game doesn't run by the tax year but by the football season, is the Argentinian one run within one calendar year? If so, you can see already that your tax has almost halved based on the fact you made a loss the previous year.

• 8 months later...

Archived