Am i the only kid who has been playing FM?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have played FM (and its old guise as CM) since I was was in my early teens and Im now 24.

It can certainly prove a distraction to school work (as my mum rightly said)....but Id say thats down to your personality. If FM didnt exist youd find something else to distract you. My room was never cleaner than it was at exam time. Still got a degree so not all bad!

I loved the game in my teens, I remember buying Robbie Keane from Wolves for Spurs and he was amazing. He then joined Spurs for real :)

Still I have a better understanding of football in general now Im a tad older and I am less impetuous - so now enjoy long term challenges (lower league and career games), rather than the more short term successes I had as a teen.

i started playing when i was 8 i think! CM2 on the commador with floppy disks!! i remember saying how rubbish the game was and its the biggest waste of time.....i was right i have wasted 16 years playing this game and not planning to stop anytime soon :)! ps im still rubbish at the game!

I was playing Football Manager when I was in my teens...

...but that was the very first Football Manager by Kevin Toms on a Spectum :)

Oh and when I read people complaining about SI's Football Manager 3D match engine today, this is why it always makes me chuckle...

fm.jpeg

Ahhh... the memories!

20080813-kr4hxatyc6tujnd92sj78bgqiu.preview.jpgzxspectrum_48k.jpg

I'm almost 17 (just a few more days!) and I've played since I was about 8

Got hooked when I was bored and pestered my dad into buying CM00/01 for about a fiver 2 years after it's release and have bought every CM until the split. I bought CM08 and loved it but when no CM09 came out, I bought FM09 and haven't looked back.

I did take advantage of the pay what you want deal for CM10, but it was shocking, and I've played it for a total of 3 hours before going back to FM09 and waiting for FM10.

Sure my school work has probably suffered, but I did well in the GCSE's that have just come out and if it wasn't FM, it'd be Xbox/an online game or getting into trouble on the street.

Keep it up SI

I'm 16 at the moment, but I've started playing CM3 when I was 7/8. Of course, I made some ill-fated decisions such as buying Division 3 top goalscorer Jamie Cureton and Wimbledon striker Jason Euell to Man Utd. :D

But, now I'm older, I've learnt to play the game properly rather than panic buy or buy 'past-their-peak' players etc.

I was playing Football Manager when I was in my teens...

...but that was the very first Football Manager by Kevin Toms on a Spectum :)

Oh and when I read people complaining about SI's Football Manager 3D match engine today, this is why it always makes me chuckle...

fm.jpeg

Ahhh... the memories!

20080813-kr4hxatyc6tujnd92sj78bgqiu.preview.jpgzxspectrum_48k.jpg

Nominated for a golden what?

Archived