+ Reply to Thread

Thread: odds changing?

Part-Timer

Default odds changing?

I think that it would be nice and realistic if a teams odds to win the league, to get relegated etc. changed throughout the season.

In FM10, all I see is one news message about odds, and a media prediction. But this never changes at all. What if you lose your key man and cant replace them, surely that would increase your odds on winning the league, or what if you came into all this cash during the season and started spending players at will, that may shorten the odd on you winning the league.

Not important I know, but it is something that would make it more realistic imo.

Any thoughts?

Amateur

Yeah, this is something I would agree with not only for the league odds but also for matches as well.

I was managing Crawley and had got them top of the league 7 points clear with something like 8 games left and got asked who do i think will win the league so I responded with Crawley only to get laughed at in the press for my strange prediction. Pretty sure it was down to the odds for winning the league being something like 25-1 at the start of the season as we were predicted to be mid table.

Whilst I agree if implemented it should be dynamic.....my question in response however is why does it even matter? The odds at the start of the season reflect historical results, league positions, club rep, and player rep within. I think most people can formulate an idea of how things progress from there. I can see no reason why the odds changing within a season would or should be implemented.

Semi Pro

It would be nice if they changed but it's purely a cosmetic feature really

Third Team

It would be nice if odds were realistic in the first place. I am using a custom league, and my team is favourite to win at 6-1, with every other team 50-1 or better. There is no way the bookies would have such long odds on every team, they would go out of business!

In lower leagues it seems to be the opposite, with six teams getting odds of 4-5 to gain promotion.

Amateur

To be fair, it isn't entirely cosmetic-as someone pointed out it effects pretty much all media interacton which in turn effects players, squad morale etc. The odds system has never been particularly good and probably could be done without though.

+ Reply to Thread