Game ending question

So in my first game in the English Premier league with Charlton (took me 5 years to get them from L2 to Prem) Im playing Everton at home. In the 92nd minute I receive a corner kick. Now the match was given +2 minutes so I realize game can end anytime, but Ive been told countless times on this board that "the official has final say when the game ends" and "they almost always let and attack finish before calling the game". So as my guy is lining up to take the corner kick again its only been seconds after the 92nd minute started, the official blows the whistle for game. I was losing 2-1 and lost, but I didn't know that the game could end while a corner was supposed to be taken.

Has this happened to anyone before? I highly doubt I'd have scored a goal on it as their defenders were all good at heading. Kinda makes me angry because both of the 2 goals scored by Everton were on corner kicks...and this was my 2nd corner of the game.

Sure the ref -can- do it... but they usually let a scoring attempt, free kick or corner especially, play out before blowing the whistle.

I've never seen a match end like that IRL or in FM. I've seen a match last 2-3 minutes over the expected extra time, not that rare, and every time the whistle does blow in-game it's when the ball is not in an attacking area or right after a failed offensive chance.

IRL I remember seeing a Man City game about 6 or 7 years ago, they were losing 2-1, and SWP fires in a SWP special from 30 yards, the ref blew his whistle while the shot was in mid air. A split second later the ball was in the net and everyone thought City had equalised, but it wasn't to be.

It happens in real life.....but way less than it probably happens in the game.

The ref can call the game whenever they want to. They usually wait for attack to end but he could call the game just as a striker rounds the keeper if he wanted to.

IRL I remember seeing a Man City game about 6 or 7 years ago, they were losing 2-1, and SWP fires in a SWP special from 30 yards, the ref blew his whistle while the shot was in mid air. A split second later the ball was in the net and everyone thought City had equalised, but it wasn't to be.

ouch lol maybe the ref was a closet utd fan

Only one of the many times this has happened. Also happened in the Swedish league a few years back, my hometown team were 0-1 down and in the 93rd minute had a shot going towards goal that went in less than a second after the ref blew for full time.

Archived