Bug? .... Or Just Bad Player Development?

I currently have a regen with a PA of 200, and I've been desperately training him for the last two years trying to get his potential to max out. He's now 22, with CA of 178, and rising rapidly, I think I'm doing an okay job, and might just make it to the promised land. Here's the problem:

His penalty taking stat has always been 17. In my over-eagerness to propell some of his other attributes forwards, I set his Set Piece training to low. His other stats went up, however his penalty taking went down to 16. I assumed I would be given the chance to up him back to his natural 17 again, but when I check using genie scout, there is no longer any scope for me getting his penalties to 17. According to that tool, his max potential for penalties is also 16!!

This seems a little unfair to me, that he is no longer able to progress up to 17. I understand fully that if you don't train much in set pieces over a few months, then your stats will go down. this is not my gripe. My gripe is that I am not allowed to get them back up again!!!

It is because you are focusing on other areas of his training.

I know that. I have already described this in my above post. I've already described that my over-eagerness led his penalty taking to drop. The problem persists that it is now set permanently to 16, and it is that which I find to be unrealistic.

I know that. I have already described this in my above post. I've already described that my over-eagerness led his penalty taking to drop. The problem persists that it is now set permanently to 16, and it is that which I find to be unrealistic.

He may change bac if you change his training again. Although I could be wrong.

He may change bac if you change his training again. Although I could be wrong.

Perhaps I am failing to explain myself. I am admitting to using a third party tool here.. as I did in my opening post, however, genie scout tells me that his max potential for penalties is 16, when just a month ago it was 17.

I realise that the cause of the problem was my own lapse in judgement. However what I find to be unfair is that there is no opportunity to correct this laps in judgement. Not only has his current penalty taking gone down to 16, his potential penalty stat also dropped to 16!

Perhaps I am failing to explain myself. I am admitting to using a third party tool here.. as I did in my opening post, however, genie scout tells me that his max potential for penalties is 16, when just a month ago it was 17.

I realise that the cause of the problem was my own lapse in judgement. However what I find to be unfair is that there is no opportunity to correct this laps in judgement. Not only has his current penalty taking gone down to 16, his potential penalty stat also dropped to 16!

Oh ok. Thats unlucky. Sorry if I was being thick mate. It is slightly unfair that he cant improve it again. Once again im sorry mate.

Is there such thing as max for a certain attribute in place? Like some player can never have 15 technique because it is set to max at 13 while he still have not reach max PA?

My current understanding of the CA/PA system is that this is how it works, yes. Although I could be wrong.

You have been shaping your player in a different way. Now if you changed the training schedule that might lead to a reallocation of his attributes in favour of the set pieces ones.

On his current ability level he will not be able to improve one thing without losing in another. However, if his CA rises further he will develop his skills according to the training schedule where again he will be more likely to improve his penalty taking if you raise the set pieces training.

I wouldn't understand the potential given by a third party update as a value set in stone. Tbh I don't know how that is calculated but I would be thoroughly surprised if you wouldn't be able to reshape your layer a bit, though as he is 22 by now that process might be slower than when he was younger.

Genie Scout's system of maxed stats is only approximate.

I have found it to be a decent guide but if you change trainings from medium then they will not follow what it predicts. For example it will add a couple of points to a striker's marking but if you put defending training to a minimum he will gain this amount of CA elsewhere.

You have been shaping your player in a different way. Now if you changed the training schedule that might lead to a reallocation of his attributes in favour of the set pieces ones.

On his current ability level he will not be able to improve one thing without losing in another. However, if his CA rises further he will develop his skills according to the training schedule where again he will be more likely to improve his penalty taking if you raise the set pieces training.

I wouldn't understand the potential given by a third party update as a value set in stone. Tbh I don't know how that is calculated but I would be thoroughly surprised if you wouldn't be able to reshape your layer a bit, though as he is 22 by now that process might be slower than when he was younger.

This is the best answer you'll get:thup:

It's all to do with the shaping of the player.

Archived