Something I noticed

I have a long term game going that spans 5 continents. I've won 4 UCL, the Champions League of Asia, Africa, North America and South America. I've won 5 Premier League titles and the World Cup. I became bored with this, so I resigned as Aston Villa manager and became Bishop's Stortford manager. Why isn't there more of a hooplah?! No players want to join me despite my sky high reputation and the fact i'm top of the hall of fame. Only 68 season tickets were sold and it's like my hiring was no big deal. It would be the equivalent, I suppose, of Sir Alex Ferguson taking charge of Darlington. This should be changed!

I agree.

I had a similar record, albeit within the UK. Then left from my job where i had won 3 trebles in a row, went to a non league team and was surprised that the manager has no effect on players who want to join me or season tickets sold etc. I think my club sold about 40, when I was by far and away the greatest manager of all time.

I think if you have an enourmous rep as a manger and you decide to have a massive career change that players at a low level should be overawed and should be more likely to sign for you. Imagine if Alex Ferguson took over Breadford PA....players from around the country (probably world) wold be keen to work with him and get invovled in the challenge

I agree that there should be some improvement in this area. Remember when Sven joined up with notts county? Remember all the noise that was made and all the optimism that their fans gained?

Players like Kasper Schmechiel wouldnt have joined without the hype...and the money

That could be a potential effect you could see in FM, it would be a lot easier to sign players that your clubs may not have been able to sign before.

Archived