Under 18 brazilian/argentinian players

This is a bit of a stupid question considering I've been playing the game for many seasons but Is there a way to sign them? Is there a way to go around the all " can't sign until they're 18" rule?

I just saw this fantastic 15 year old guy and it ****es me off that I can't sign him because I know he's not gonna develop nearly as much as he would if I was training him .

Sometimes; if they have a second nationality which is EU (or maybe the same as where you're playing not sure which) as that will allow them to move freely from their home to your club without breaking the rules.

Also I find that AI clubs are far better in FM10 at developing players as previously, I put in a bid for a 15yo RB from Palmeiras and got him, by the time he came to me 3 years later he was on the verge of the Brazil team, and rightly so.

Sometimes; if they have a second nationality which is EU (or maybe the same as where you're playing not sure which) as that will allow them to move freely from their home to your club without breaking the rules.

Also I find that AI clubs are far better in FM10 at developing players as previously, I put in a bid for a 15yo RB from Palmeiras and got him, by the time he came to me 3 years later he was on the verge of the Brazil team, and rightly so.

This. :thup:

that is very handy to know!

No just have the 2nd nationality. It's to do with freedom of movement rules in the EU, i.e. any Eu citizen can move freely between any EU states and also within them.

I have found a 14 year old Brazilian player with German nationally and it still says he will only come to my team when he's 17/18....

I have found a 14 year old Brazilian player with German nationally and it still says he will only come to my team when he's 17/18....

Its a bit more than what Brian said they will only move to the country of their second nationality whilst under 18.

So in your example he can join a German club now but other clubs only when 18.

Its a bit more than what Brian said they will only move to the country of their second nationality whilst under 18.

So in your example he can join a German club now but other clubs only when 18.

Oh I see. Brian actually said something completely different then, lol.

Archived