What's the most money you ever had in League 1?

Hi,

I am glad you are impressed because I thought it was kinda good myself.

Well it is year 2017/2018 so I have had time to accumulate the money. I have sold 3 players (for example) for nearly £5m (£2.1m, £1.3m and £1.5m plus another £300k for sell on clauses). That in addition to money generated over summer with friendlies, sponsorship and other good deals has helped me accumulate the hard cash.

Hi,

I am glad you are impressed because I thought it was kinda good myself.

Well it is year 2017/2018 so I have had time to accumulate the money. I have sold 3 players (for example) for nearly £5m (£2.1m, £1.3m and £1.5m plus another £300k for sell on clauses). That in addition to money generated over summer with friendlies, sponsorship and other good deals has helped me accumulate the hard cash.

Thats quite good mate. Ive done something similar with Scunthorpe where I would find players for free and then they would do well and then I would get a decent fee for them. Is that how you did it picking up youngsters that get released.

£8 million at Gillingham. Got taken over and was given the money. Then they sacked me cos they wanted a new manager. And I was 4th

did you reach towards the cash, only to be slapped in the hand and told that it wasnt for you? gotta be crushing :p

did you reach towards the cash, only to be slapped in the hand and told that it wasnt for you? gotta be crushing :p

I went for Fran Merida from Arsenal, for £4 million, because in League 1 he's awesome. The transfer was accepted and the deal went through. He played one game, and didn't have the best time although I won 1-0. The next day I was sacked with the message; 'We're looking to take the club in a new direction'. Basically the transfer was the final nail in the coffin.

I went for Fran Merida from Arsenal, for £4 million, because in League 1 he's awesome. The transfer was accepted and the deal went through. He played one game, and didn't have the best time although I won 1-0. The next day I was sacked with the message; 'We're looking to take the club in a new direction'. Basically the transfer was the final nail in the coffin.

spent the money in the wrong place then but admittedly thats harsh.

spent the money in the wrong place then but admittedly thats harsh.

I was gutted but I got the Brighton job and got promoted via the play offs. And guess who I beat in the semi final... Gillingham. 4-1 over two legs and Merida played in both. He was awful :p

£28M Weston-Super Mare thanks to two beautiful Latvian fellows who thought that Weston Super Mare was a good investment.

hahaha, thats who I am.

Currently its fine (well it has been since 2033 (2041 now)) but up until that point it was a good juggling match.

But in 2033 a sugar daddy took over, and now I am loaded :D

Well my bank balance is down to £9m now (I am 10th in the Championship) but mainly because I spent £4m on transfers, paid a lot of sign on fees etc and even though I recouped the £4m, the payments are spread over 12 - 36 months.

I make a loss of £500k - £750k per month so will be happy to get back to £9m after the summer.

Saying that I have 4 premiership class strikers so I might offload one for a nice fee. Love it!

This isn't me, and isn't League 1, but along the same lines...

In my current game, Grays have been relegated down to BSS. Their pain was softened a bit, however, by around £2m as sell-on clause after Bayern decided to buy Kightly from Wolves. They're my league rivals and I got VERY jealous. They haven't used it too well so far though.

Archived