+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: What's the most money you ever had in League 1?

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th April 2006
    Posts
    196

    Default What's the most money you ever had in League 1?

    As the title suggests.

    Reason I ask is because I finished League 1 as Runners Up with £13m in the bank. Not bad being with AFC Wimbledon on my first ever save game.

  2. #2
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    £8m with Notts County on the first patch when they had the money.

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th November 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default

    How did you manage to get 13million in league 1 ?

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th April 2006
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Hi,

    I am glad you are impressed because I thought it was kinda good myself.

    Well it is year 2017/2018 so I have had time to accumulate the money. I have sold 3 players (for example) for nearly £5m (£2.1m, £1.3m and £1.5m plus another £300k for sell on clauses). That in addition to money generated over summer with friendlies, sponsorship and other good deals has helped me accumulate the hard cash.

  5. #5
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny O Brien View Post
    Hi,

    I am glad you are impressed because I thought it was kinda good myself.

    Well it is year 2017/2018 so I have had time to accumulate the money. I have sold 3 players (for example) for nearly £5m (£2.1m, £1.3m and £1.5m plus another £300k for sell on clauses). That in addition to money generated over summer with friendlies, sponsorship and other good deals has helped me accumulate the hard cash.
    Thats quite good mate. Ive done something similar with Scunthorpe where I would find players for free and then they would do well and then I would get a decent fee for them. Is that how you did it picking up youngsters that get released.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th November 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Nice going, when I was in League 1 I could only dream of having 13million in the bank

  7. #7
    Third Team
    Join Date
    29th April 2003
    Location
    Feels he should be in the game
    Posts
    6,979

    Default

    Accumulating 13m i good for league 1. However it's bad to still be there having so much cash

  8. #8
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,374

    Default

    I think I reached zero once, and that was only thanks to selling my star player for £400k.

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    581

    Default

    £8 million at Gillingham. Got taken over and was given the money. Then they sacked me cos they wanted a new manager. And I was 4th

  10. #10
    Reserves
    Join Date
    21st November 2007
    Location
    Winter is coming
    Posts
    10,227

    Default

    £8 million at Gillingham. Got taken over and was given the money. Then they sacked me cos they wanted a new manager. And I was 4th
    did you reach towards the cash, only to be slapped in the hand and told that it wasnt for you? gotta be crushing :P

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmi88 View Post
    did you reach towards the cash, only to be slapped in the hand and told that it wasnt for you? gotta be crushing :P
    I went for Fran Merida from Arsenal, for £4 million, because in League 1 he's awesome. The transfer was accepted and the deal went through. He played one game, and didn't have the best time although I won 1-0. The next day I was sacked with the message; 'We're looking to take the club in a new direction'. Basically the transfer was the final nail in the coffin.

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2008
    Posts
    150

    Default

    When I was at Farsley Celtic the MD was fantastic at gaining sponsorship money we were getting more than most Championship teams. I doubt we ever had more than 8 mil in the bank though.

  13. #13
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicz View Post
    I went for Fran Merida from Arsenal, for £4 million, because in League 1 he's awesome. The transfer was accepted and the deal went through. He played one game, and didn't have the best time although I won 1-0. The next day I was sacked with the message; 'We're looking to take the club in a new direction'. Basically the transfer was the final nail in the coffin.
    spent the money in the wrong place then but admittedly thats harsh.

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    spent the money in the wrong place then but admittedly thats harsh.
    I was gutted but I got the Brighton job and got promoted via the play offs. And guess who I beat in the semi final... Gillingham. 4-1 over two legs and Merida played in both. He was awful :P

  15. #15
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicz View Post
    I was gutted but I got the Brighton job and got promoted via the play offs. And guess who I beat in the semi final... Gillingham. 4-1 over two legs and Merida played in both. He was awful :P
    Serves them right then doesnt. well done mate.

  16. #16
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Cheers Forest.

  17. #17
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicz View Post
    Cheers Forest.
    Ive got my love back fro FM10 in the past few days. Im Blackpool on 10.3 and im 6th in the league and currently winning the 5th round FA cup match im in .

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Ive got my love back fro FM10 in the past few days. Im Blackpool on 10.3 and im 6th in the league and currently winning the 5th round FA cup match im in .
    who against?

  19. #19
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicz View Post
    who against?
    Scunthorpe. I drew 2-2(they scored in the last few minutes ). Im happy though because im unbeaten in 8 or so games. Also Kenny O Brien im sorry for clogging your thread with pointless posts. Hope you dont mind.

  20. #20
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    581

    Default

    aaah gutted about the last minute goal. Blackpool are always a challenge in FM. Glad to see you doing well mate.

  21. #21
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicz View Post
    aaah gutted about the last minute goal. Blackpool are always a challenge in FM. Glad to see you doing well mate.
    Yh im enjoying it but its not been too hard. Spent most of my budget on Alex Smithies and brought a few frees and loans in and sold a few reserves.

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th April 2009
    Posts
    98

    Default

    £28M Weston-Super Mare thanks to two beautiful Latvian fellows who thought that Weston Super Mare was a good investment.

  23. #23
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd September 2008
    Location
    Gillingham, Kent
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Think the most I've ever had is 2m at Rotherham!

  24. #24
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th November 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmithRDFC View Post
    £28M Weston-Super Mare thanks to two beautiful Latvian fellows who thought that Weston Super Mare was a good investment.
    hahaha, thats who I am.

    Currently its fine (well it has been since 2033 (2041 now)) but up until that point it was a good juggling match.

    But in 2033 a sugar daddy took over, and now I am loaded

  25. #25
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd September 2008
    Location
    Gillingham, Kent
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    To this day I still havent had a sugar daddy - woe is me

  26. #26
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th April 2006
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Well my bank balance is down to £9m now (I am 10th in the Championship) but mainly because I spent £4m on transfers, paid a lot of sign on fees etc and even though I recouped the £4m, the payments are spread over 12 - 36 months.

    I make a loss of £500k - £750k per month so will be happy to get back to £9m after the summer.

    Saying that I have 4 premiership class strikers so I might offload one for a nice fee. Love it!

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th January 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    59

    Default

    About £2m I think, just starting my second season with Brighton. Southampton must be crazy rich though, they have spent about £6m in the summer, have one guy earning £20,000 a week and a total wage bill of close to £200,000 a week.

  28. #28
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    28th October 2009
    Location
    Sunny Skegness
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    i remember being given 4m to spend on transfers in league 1 with weymouth. i hadnt had a single penny to spend before this. i spent wisely and cruised to promotion with only watford giving me a run for the title

  29. #29
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    This isn't me, and isn't League 1, but along the same lines...

    In my current game, Grays have been relegated down to BSS. Their pain was softened a bit, however, by around £2m as sell-on clause after Bayern decided to buy Kightly from Wolves. They're my league rivals and I got VERY jealous. They haven't used it too well so far though.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts