+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 108

Thread: Is there any chance for a 10.4 patch ?

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default Is there any chance for a 10.4 patch ?

    hello guys is there any chance for a 10.4 patch that improves the brazil problem etc ?

  2. #2
    Third Team
    Join Date
    20th March 2008
    Location
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/
    Posts
    7,908

    Default

    No there isn't. What is the 'Brazil problem' btw?

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd February 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default

    No chance at all.

  4. #4
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    No, there wont. The next thing will be FM11.

  5. #5
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssestig View Post
    No there isn't. What is the 'Brazil problem' btw?
    I thinks its the to do with managers getting sacked after 1 game or something could be wrong.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    the brazil problem is that you get fired easily. remember in 2004 when they won the world cup at germany they kept the same manager even if they had a terrible run in the qualifications
    anyway thank you

  7. #7
    Sports Interactive Aaron Armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th August 2008
    Location
    SI Towers
    Posts
    960

    Default

    There won't be a 10.4 patch - too busy with FM11!

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th September 2008
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th November 2008
    Location
    when the mods message me it makes me want to put my fist through a wall
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    there has never been a 4th patch

  10. #10
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rich74 View Post
    there has never been a 4th patch
    I seem to remember one for CM4.

  11. #11
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd July 2003
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Was that because he 3rd turned off the CD check?

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2003
    Location
    Middelfart, Denmark
    Posts
    439

    Default

    The patch is coming out 29 October and is called Football Manager 2011

  13. #13
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    3rd September 2008
    Location
    In a virtual world as a FM manager or a soldier on CoD
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Can you not just adjust it in the editor?

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th November 2008
    Posts
    474

    Default

    be nice if there wasnt even a patch needed

  15. #15
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    We've finally beat Blackburn.
    Posts
    7,285

    Default

    Yeah FM11 is the next patch, and if you don't like the new features or tweaked match engine, among other things on FM11.
    Then it's just.. .. well tough!

    SI won't go back and fix the bugs on FM10 [i.e. the corner routine], when they want people to spend their money on FM11.

  16. #16
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,002

    Default

    If you want an updated version of the game go to the Editors Hideaway mate. Where you will find edited databases which are up to date in there. The 2 main ones are chris's and forbsie's. However they will probably not fix the Brazil problem.

  17. #17
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    well its not my only problem . for example players get unregistered for the asian champions league and the asian confederation cup for no reason and national teams prefer managers with lower reputation than u

    anyway i think its a pity that sports interactive doesnt care about the clients that use former editions of the game and they leave bugs behind but we cant do nothing about it

  18. #18
    Reserves
    Join Date
    8th January 2004
    Posts
    11,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    anyway i think its a pity that sports interactive doesnt care about the clients that use former editions of the game and they leave bugs behind but we cant do nothing about it

    I find that comment totally unfair.

    FM is an incredibly complex game which will never be bug free but SI do much more than most developers to find & fix as much as they can within the available time frame.

    At the end of the day they are a business and need to make a profit.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th October 2007
    Posts
    398

    Default

    He has a point though.

  20. #20
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    6th January 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Not really, if they spent all their time patching every minor issue that isn't even close to game breaking each new edition wouldn't be anything like the step up we get every year.

    There are never any game breaking issues left after the 3rd patch, the corner routine problem isn't a problem if you choose not to use it and I for one would rather they focus on FM11

  21. #21
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th February 2003
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    I find that comment totally unfair.

    FM is an incredibly complex game which will never be bug free but SI do much more than most developers to find & fix as much as they can within the available time frame.

    At the end of the day they are a business and need to make a profit.
    I wouldn't say it is a totally unfair comment, because there is no one forcing them to release a new game every year. A car is a complex thing also, but I don't think anyone would have accepted to live with the "bugs" in their 08-model, just because the manufacturer had to use their time on the brand new 09. I think most people, like me, have accepted that when you play FM you pay for a game that never will be flawless, and that neither of the versions ever will reach their potential. However that doesn't mean that SI/Sega should use a year every now and then to make sure that the game's major "modules" are working as intended, instead of coming up with new features to be able to release another game. In that case, sell it at half price with the major feature being that all critical elements actually are working properly. Player/board interaction is an example of a feature that has been around for quite a while now, but still isn't nearly working like it should. In many instances it's atctually rather ruining the good game feeling. Instead of making it "live" like in FM11, they should make sure that it's working in the first place..

    So.. They're a business and they need to make a profit, but in the world we're living in were customer orientation is even more important than ever, they shouldn't forget that their customers doesn't necessarily forget to easy either.. This isn't a "sort it out SI thread" is I overall think they're doing a good job, but I'm getting a bit annoyed now and then when I see comments around "no more patches, we're working on FM11", like it's for our best.. We've already bought the car they won't fix..

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Their publisher, SEGA, is forcing them to release a new version every year.

    In my honest opinion the new yearly editions of FM can be comparable to expansion packs of other games in terms of added features.
    They do not have enough time or the resources to release a new game every year with enough new content to justify the full price.
    But since there is not much competition in this genre we really don't have much real choice.

    I think at least SI should set up an open beta period before they release the game. It's unacceptable to release the game and then have a major patch on day 1. That just shows that they are rushing to finalise the product when it is clearly not ready.

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    i 'm just saying all these because i am a fan of the series and i have spent many hours on the game. but there are some users that the same time fm11 drops in the market they will continue playing fm10 because they might be in the year 2050 and they might dont want to start from the beginning
    (it happend to me a couple of times ) . so there users are "doomed" to play a game that they know it will never be fixed. thank god right now i am at year 1015 so it wont be a problem for me to wait for the new game and start again

    and another thing that irritates me a little bit is that the final tests on the game are made by customers. i cant remember when it was the last time that football manager could be played safely without patch 0.1 . i dont have a problem to wait until the first patches but its a big unfair if you pay full price for an uncompleted game if you know what i mean. maybe they should lower the prices just for the first month or something

    anyway lets hope football manager 11 will be a new start without these problems

  24. #24
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chochip View Post
    Their publisher, SEGA, is forcing them to release a new version every year.

    In my honest opinion the new yearly editions of FM can be comparable to expansion packs of other games in terms of added features.
    They do not have enough time or the resources to release a new game every year with enough new content to justify the full price.
    But since there is not much competition in this genre we really don't have much real choice.

    I think at least SI should set up an open beta period before they release the game. It's unacceptable to release the game and then have a major patch on day 1. That just shows that they are rushing to finalise the product when it is clearly not ready.
    yes you are right in football manager games there is a "monopoly" and there is no competition so they dont feel the pressure to make a perfect game. they just know that we are gonna buy the product no matter what. so sometimes they dont care about the quality.

  25. #25
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    531

    Default

    I don't think ANY game company with yearly franchise goes back to older versions and spends time and money to fix the problems.
    They can't even bring out the new one in good condition let alone fixing things in older versions.

  26. #26
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th May 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chochip View Post
    I don't think ANY game company with yearly franchise goes back to older versions and spends time and money to fix the problems.
    They can't even bring out the new one in good condition let alone fixing things in older versions.
    if the game is so BAD don't buy it, it's still the best out there!

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th October 2007
    Location
    Lancaster City Researcher, North West
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    yes you are right in football manager games there is a "monopoly" and there is no competition so they dont feel the pressure to make a perfect game.
    There isn't a monopoly. Off the top of my head, Championship manager and FIFA Manager compete for the same market, and i'm sure there are many others.

  28. #28

    Default

    If you dont like it dont buy it. Most of the bugs dont really make the game unplayable, ive never not been able to play the game when ive bought it.

  29. #29
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    There isn't a monopoly. Off the top of my head, Championship manager and FIFA Manager compete for the same market, and i'm sure there are many others.
    but unfortunatelly these games are not serious competion yet. they are like 4/10 and fm is 8/10 . in fact i dont know anyone that plays championship manager :P

  30. #30
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    but unfortunatelly these games are not serious competion yet. they are like 4/10 and fm is 8/10 . in fact i dont know anyone that plays championship manager :P
    Maybe that just goes to show how hard it is to make a 'perfect game'?

  31. #31
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th April 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    An almost 3 guaranteed free fixes, with all the assoc. free data updates, and almost limitless data edits that the user can make? All for what can usually be picked up for £20-25 on release day?

    I'd say SI do plenty for the user for a yearly release. I see what you're saying that they could do two-yearly releases, but surely that would limit them to tweaking the current game, rather than the more large-scale changes we're used to every year?

  32. #32
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Why are people acting so defensive?
    "If you don't like it then don't buy it" kind of mentality does not actually do any good for the improvement of the series.

    I like the game. It's just a pity that every year they rush out an incomplete version to meet the deadline.

    No one is demanding a perfect game. Is it too much to ask to release a finished game with no bug/ME patch required rather than using money paying customers as beta testers?

    And "free fixes" isn't something bonus. It's what should have been included in the box.

    I do appreciate the data updates in January. But even that can be done better. (Not bunching up all the Jan transfers into pre-season transfers)

    And you locals may only have to pay something cheap like 20 pounds but in Aus we pay like $80

  33. #33
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th April 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    I see what you're saying, but from a purely selfish viewpoint, I'd rather see the SI team try to cram in as many new features as possible that are largely workable, and then fix the issues over the course of a year ready for them being perfect in the next one rather than following what I'll call the "FIFA model".

    They make few changes, but iron out almost every kink. Successive FIFA games are almost identical, you need to buy every other year to see the difference. With FM, sure it's a bit buggy, but it's all new. Surely you want as different a game as possible for $80 a pop?

    I think Miles or someone said elsewhere, they have a team of maybe 100 people who can test the game prior to its release for just a few weeks, and take it back to the designers to clean it up. At best, they can hope for 10,000 hours or so? When it's first released, millions of people are buying it, resulting in millions of hours of testing, of new probing, of finding out that the A-League still doesn't work, but no-one from London understands it anyway, or has taken it to 8 seasons where no other team signs marquee players making domination of the league dead easy....

  34. #34
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chochip View Post
    Why are people acting so defensive?
    "If you don't like it then don't buy it" kind of mentality does not actually do any good for the improvement of the series.

    I like the game. It's just a pity that every year they rush out an incomplete version to meet the deadline.

    No one is demanding a perfect game. Is it too much to ask to release a finished game with no bug/ME patch required rather than using money paying customers as beta testers?

    And "free fixes" isn't something bonus. It's what should have been included in the box.

    I do appreciate the data updates in January. But even that can be done better. (Not bunching up all the Jan transfers into pre-season transfers)

    And you locals may only have to pay something cheap like 20 pounds but in Aus we pay like $80
    The $80 price hasn't got anything to do with SI or Sega though thats the stupid mark-ups our retailers throw on.

    I disagree with the updates being what should be in the box already, they get the game as ready as it can be in the time they have and then continue to work on it after its release.

  35. #35
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    I see what you're saying, but from a purely selfish viewpoint, I'd rather see the SI team try to cram in as many new features as possible that are largely workable, and then fix the issues over the course of a year ready for them being perfect in the next one rather than following what I'll call the "FIFA model".

    They make few changes, but iron out almost every kink. Successive FIFA games are almost identical, you need to buy every other year to see the difference. With FM, sure it's a bit buggy, but it's all new. Surely you want as different a game as possible for $80 a pop?

    I think Miles or someone said elsewhere, they have a team of maybe 100 people who can test the game prior to its release for just a few weeks, and take it back to the designers to clean it up. At best, they can hope for 10,000 hours or so? When it's first released, millions of people are buying it, resulting in millions of hours of testing, of new probing, of finding out that the A-League still doesn't work, but no-one from London understands it anyway, or has taken it to 8 seasons where no other team signs marquee players making domination of the league dead easy....
    what ? you must be kidding right ? there are not that huge changes year after year for football manager .the last years it was almost the same game and they were adding new trasfers. tactic creator and a graphics from 1998 are cool and i am happy with them but i could call them massive changes.even lma manager has better graphics for god's shake.
    fifa (even though i am a pro evolution soccer fan) has made huge steps though the last years

    i think football manager can still improve massively as a game

  36. #36
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    3rd July 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    hello guys is there any chance for a 10.4 patch that improves the brazil problem etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    the brazil problem is that you get fired easily.
    That's real life.. no problem there.

  37. #37
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Well I can see we are completely off-topic of OP, but that's ok.

    I'm not trying to accuse SI of completely failing at what they do. I think they have been doing a good job with their limited resources.

    But I'm strongly suggesting that in order for the FM series to grow further, it needs to improve its development strategy a bit.
    First thing I guess is the development time for each version. If it was at all possible they should REALLY only release the game every 2 years and just have data updates in the odd years.

    FM is a seriously complex game, and pretty much the only way to find and fix bugs is to test it a lot. Like I said before, they should really set up a broader open beta system where the obvious problems can be fixed before it is released. Year after year we pick up the game and play for 2 hours to only sit and wonder how they ever missed the obvious bugs.

    At the moment it works OK to sell the incomplete game and have the patch out once everyone reports back the problems they are having.
    But the world is bigger than that. And SI needs to aim higher and really increase their reputation as a reliable game company.

    I heard that FM is starting to sell in the few hundred thousands, and that is quite impressive.
    But if you want to aim for the tens of millions then things have to be changed; whether it be more money invested, more time spent, or whatever.

    I understand that the football management sim isn't exactly the most popular genre in the world, but that's not a good enough reason to say this is as far as we can go.

    Be happy but never be satisfied.

    There, I feel a bit better.

  38. #38
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viiralx View Post
    That's real life.. no problem there.
    its not real life man look at felipe scolari. he sucked but he wasnt fired and then they won the world cup . anyway it doesnt matter that much just for the record

  39. #39
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th March 2007
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    I don't really have a problem with the yearly games, or indeed the fact that there are some bugs in them, but I really dislike the ""3 patches only" policy. While I wouldn't expect them to do a major release with database changes or anything like that after the Jan update, a small 4th patch to fix some issues found in 10.3 would be very welcome - I'm talking about things like the aforementionned Brazil problem, the issues with getting international jobs when not employed by a club and so on. I can't imagine it'd take that much work to release a small patch like this, and I suspect it'd generate a lot of goodwill among the playerbase.

  40. #40
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    We've finally beat Blackburn.
    Posts
    7,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    what ? you must be kidding right ? there are not that huge changes year after year for football manager .the last years it was almost the same game and they were adding new trasfers. tactic creator and a graphics from 1998 are cool and i am happy with them but i could call them massive changes.even lma manager has better graphics for god's shake.
    fifa (even though i am a pro evolution soccer fan) has made huge steps though the last years

    i think football manager can still improve massively as a game
    Yeah but that's not what Football Manager is about, even since the CM days they never even had a match to watch, Fm's not about all these fancy cosmetic graphics etc.

    It's the games realistic database that makes it so good, and it's simple & easy to use whilst still making it feel real, make the game so addictive.
    That's why it's been the best Football Managment sim out there for years. [Although newer additions have started to get a little more complex]

    Yeah Fifa may have better graphics, and you may have a Wayne Rooney running around the pitch who look's like Wayne Rooney but the rest of the game is poor. Fifa manager is too over done with graphics etc, that you know your just playing a game. Where as with FM it can feel real at times, too real sometimes.

    If FM had Fifa's graphics and licenses, it would be a Super managment sim. But it's the games code and database that still would be the spine of the game.

    But i'd take FM over fifa anyday, you may buy a book that as a stunning cover and pictures through out the book.
    But it's the story inside what counts, not the cover. :P

  41. #41
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    Yeah but that's not what Football Manager is about, even since the CM days they never even had a match to watch, Fm's not about all these fancy cosmetic graphics etc.

    It's the games realistic database that makes it so good, and it's simple & easy to use whilst still making it feel real, make the game so addictive.
    That's why it's been the best Football Managment sim out there for years. [Although newer additions have started to get a little more complex]

    Yeah Fifa may have better graphics, and you may have a Wayne Rooney running around the pitch who look's like Wayne Rooney but the rest of the game is poor. Fifa manager is too over done with graphics etc, that you know your just playing a game. Where as with FM it can feel real at times, too real sometimes.

    If FM had Fifa's graphics and licenses, it would be a Super managment sim. But it's the games code and database that still would be the spine of the game.

    But i'd take FM over fifa anyday, you may buy a book that as a stunning cover and pictures through out the book.
    But it's the story inside what counts, not the cover. :P
    man i agree. but dont say about "fancy cosmetic graphics" we live in 2010 remember .of course and you can improve graphics and everything. because sports interactive has a great database doesnt mean that they must sit back and relax and do nothing more. after all we must be demanding with our favorite game. sometimes i get jealous when i play nba2k10 which has unlimited seasons too, a huge database with stats too BUT it also has amazing graphics and it doesnt take the 75% of my ram memory everytime i play it.

    if customers are fine with ram issues data crashes pure graphics and stuff sports interactive will not care to fix them. cant you understand that ?

  42. #42
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    12th July 2007
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    Please try to see a little realism here, folks.

    The out of the box game will NEVER be perfect.
    Patch 1 will NEVER be perfect.
    Patch 2 will NEVER be perfect.
    Patch 3 will NEVER be perfect.

    It's a computer game, trying to simulate a real sport with near infinite possibilities. All the developers can do is do the best they can before the deadline, release the imperfect game and issue imperfect patches. It's the MOST they can do.

    No game is perfect, but there are not many that offer a day-1 patch to update the game with the improvements they've made in the fortnight since their manufacturer deadline passed, then hand out 2-3 more improvements over the next six months.

    It can't be perfect. There will always be bugs. Always.

    But what we get is way, WAY more than most games companies issue.

  43. #43
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2008
    Location
    Shimonoseki, Japan
    Posts
    277

    Default

    This is kind of disappointment actually.
    I expect a software company to support their product a bit longer.
    "New version is up, so we won't fix anything in previous version. Buy the new one!" approach is a bit annoying.
    I am not talking about adding new features. Just fixing known issues.

  44. #44
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    what ? you must be kidding right ? there are not that huge changes year after year for football manager .the last years it was almost the same game and they were adding new trasfers. tactic creator and a graphics from 1998 are cool and i am happy with them but i could call them massive changes.even lma manager has better graphics for god's shake.
    fifa (even though i am a pro evolution soccer fan) has made huge steps though the last years

    i think football manager can still improve massively as a game
    thats not true at all for fm 09 they introtuced the 3D match engine and introduced press conferences (which still need work), both were massive changes. Then for fm 10 there was the tactics creator which has been brilliant and then for fm11 we already know theres going to be dynamic league reputation and thats only the beginning of all the changes made with each version. FIFA 10 made big jumps but FIFA 11 in't looking any different.

  45. #45
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th December 2008
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda View Post
    This is kind of disappointment actually.
    I expect a software company to support their product a bit longer.
    "New version is up, so we won't fix anything in previous version. Buy the new one!" approach is a bit annoying.
    I am not talking about adding new features. Just fixing known issues.
    You aren't buying any support with the product, so why expect it? There is no money to be made in supporting an out of date product, so why waste resources? The known issues pale in significance to the rest of the game.

  46. #46
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    33,135

    Default

    Just because an issue is not fixed for the last patch, or has been reported since does not mean that it is not being worked on.

  47. #47
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th March 2003
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    238

    Default

    If this Brazil bug was instead England bug, then we would see, or actually would already have seen, a patch to fix it. It's a sad fact, but certain leagues are more important to SI/SEGA than some others. If I remember correctly, they released a new database with the first patch just to add ONE player that had been missing from a Premier League team, but didn't bother with the hundreds of missing players from other countries.

  48. #48
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th April 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    I think it's more the fact that this is what Brazil do. They have a proven track record of being trigger-happy when it comes to manager's not doing as well as they'd hoped.

    I mean, SI could fix this problem, and push realism to the point that Brazil only appoint their kind of managers - people you've barely ever heard of, and only Brazillians, so you never get the job in the first place.

    Personally, I lost 3 games with Brazil before being sacked, and tbf, I think losing against Portugal and Italy in the confederations cup without scoring probably did deserve sacking.

  49. #49
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leumd View Post
    You aren't buying any support with the product, so why expect it? There is no money to be made in supporting an out of date product, so why waste resources? The known issues pale in significance to the rest of the game.
    you cant be serious right ? you re saying that you are buying football manager knowing that there gonna be serious bugs and you dont care about it ??

    let me tell you one thing. this year they had made a mistake in the greek league in tv revenues and prize money and greek teams took almost the same money as premier league teams. which mean that after a season you could buy players with 60million euros.
    AND THE WORST ? we had to wait for ages until the second patch was out.

    you re saying that this is proffesional ?

  50. #50
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th October 2009
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    you cant be serious right ? you re saying that you are buying football manager knowing that there gonna be serious bugs and you dont care about it ??

    let me tell you one thing. this year they had made a mistake in the greek league in tv revenues and prize money and greek teams took almost the same money as premier league teams. which mean that after a season you could buy players with 60million euros.
    AND THE WORST ? we had to wait for ages until the second patch was out.

    you re saying that this is proffesional ?
    Well, the sales figures for the FM-series seems to reflect that the support given by SI is more than proffesional.
    If a majority of the customers would not be happy with the state of the game at release and the after-sales support, sales figures would suffer.
    Quod non.

    Should SI strive for perfection?
    Off course
    Should the customers report bugs and ask for solutions?
    Off course
    Should customers blow issues out of proportion and make a good product sound bad by giving the impression that they don't get good value for money?
    Nope.


    If you are disappointed with the series; don't buy FM11. That the best(strongest) signal a customer can give.
    And yes, you can continue to criticise FM10; that's how FM11-12-13... wil have fewer problems.
    But please get some perspective into your views.

    And btw: SI said before release that they would do a 3-patch-strategy for FM10.

  51. #51
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th April 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Let's accept that SI will produce a new Football Manager title every year, whether through choice or producer demands.

    Now, they have a limited number of programmers, somewhere about 60 I think? Let's assume what they've tried to do since FM09 came out in late October...

    They instantly need to respond to the millions of hours of new testing from new buyers, and must dedicate their time towards fixing any mistakes in FM09. Lets guess that everyone at SI will do this, combing through reams of code written by other programmers, or maybe even themselves, but months ago, trying to solve problems and small errors. By the end of November, a new patch is released fixing the major errors.

    Now, they can look at making FM10, and all the team can gather round, and discuss what they can do in it; which programmers can make what, and how will they do it. Now, about half of the team can crack on with new features, while the other half go back to FM09 to work out the problems in the new patch, and add in the data updates. At the end of January, another patch comes out.

    Now, the whole team gets on with FM10 for a bit, before a third of them go back to try and perfect a little bit more of FM09 for the third patch, before they can finally all get back to FM10 for about 3 and a half months, before having to turn it over to testing, which helps them sort out the biggest mistakes. All of the testing done pre-release will be equivalent to about 1% of the number of hours done by new purchasers in just the first week of release. They finally hand it over in September sometime.

    Now though, imagine that they're supporting all of the past FM's, so two thirds of the team are busy combing through FM editions from 2005 rather than working on the new product. Do you really think that the new FM would have anywhere near the number of new features?

  52. #52
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    14th July 2003
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    5,018

    Default

    It's simple. There's no commercially viable way to release a bug free football management game. We either have FM in the state it's normally released in, or we don't have it at all.

  53. #53
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    25th April 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    They make few changes, but iron out almost every kink. Successive FIFA games are almost identical, you need to buy every other year to see the difference. With FM, sure it's a bit buggy, but it's all new. Surely you want as different a game as possible for $80 a pop?
    I'm only paying $49. I pre-orded it on zavvy or whatever the website is called, a UK games site, that cost includes postage.

  54. #54
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th April 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    You wanna tell that Aussie feller up there ^^ He's paying well over the odds.

  55. #55
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    25th April 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    please also keep in mind every 4 releases, the game has a new look to it. Dunno what number they are up to now with the current look

  56. #56
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    25th April 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    You wanna tell that Aussie feller up there ^^ He's paying well over the odds.
    well at ebgames here, its between $80-$100 but if you look hard enough you can get it near on half that from overseas. And the overseas release is generally earlier than the Australian release

  57. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th October 2007
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    An almost 3 guaranteed free fixes, with all the assoc. free data updates, and almost limitless data edits that the user can make? All for what can usually be picked up for £20-25 on release day?

    I'd say SI do plenty for the user for a yearly release. I see what you're saying that they could do two-yearly releases, but surely that would limit them to tweaking the current game, rather than the more large-scale changes we're used to every year?
    Wow! Free Fixes? You mean if they release something that does not work we don`t have pay to get it fixed?

    You do realise that in any other industry thats a right, not a privilage?

  58. #58
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitastic View Post
    well at ebgames here, its between $80-$100 but if you look hard enough you can get it near on half that from overseas. And the overseas release is generally earlier than the Australian release
    Come to Irelan, for FM10 I was able to buy it for €34.99 on day two, with a shiny DVD and spiffy manual just by wandering around Cork for all of 15 minutes.

  59. #59
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th April 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    Wow! Free Fixes? You mean if they release something that does not work we don`t have pay to get it fixed?

    You do realise that in any other industry thats a right, not a privilage?
    What more do you want though? We're guaranteed that we'll get 3 of them over the course of a year based on user feedback. As for right, not a privilege, it depends on the business - almost every anti-virus programme will stop updating until you give them more money.

  60. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th October 2007
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    What more do you want though? We're guaranteed that we'll get 3 of them over the course of a year based on user feedback. As for right, not a privilege, it depends on the business - almost every anti-virus programme will stop updating until you give them more money.
    I am simply pointing out that for some reason we accept lower standards from software companies than we do anyonw else. Every other industry is obliged to provide goods or services that work, are fit for purpose and safe. Its the law.


    Updating your anti-virus is not the same thing.

  61. #61
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st October 2006
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    I am simply pointing out that for some reason we accept lower standards from software companies than we do anyonw else. Every other industry is obliged to provide goods or services that work, are fit for purpose and safe. Its the law.


    Updating your anti-virus is not the same thing.
    FM does work, it is fit for purpose and safe. It has minor defects, but the majority of players aren't affected by them. I've invested over 200 hours into FM (all post 10.3) and not had anything to complain about. Computer software is about the most complex thing man has ever created, something like FM will have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of lines of code to make it work. There is absolutely zero chance of them ever getting everything right, there's a reason every single computer game needs 1 or 2 patches post release. Even Valve, who are notorious for taking months and months to test their games to virtual destruction, have to patch games for things that users say are obvious and gamebreakers within days of release.

    The fact of the matter is with only a limited number of employees, SI can only test so much of the game. They will target the most important areas of the game and any bugs will be graded by seriousness and how much they affect the gameplay. SI release the game knowing there are bugs to be fixed, because if they don't release it they don't make money. We deal with it because we know the game will be patched and there will be support post release.

  62. #62
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    first of all i complain a little because i am a fan. i want to have a perfect game because i play in fm world for more than 5 or 6 years.

    there are solutions if they have limited employees. make simple guys like us beta testers. personally i dont have time but i m sure that many of you would be more than happy to help !

  63. #63
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th December 2008
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    Every other industry is obliged to provide goods or services that work, are fit for purpose and safe.
    This is the point I am trying to highlight. FM is a good, not a service. It is indeed fit for purpose as you can play it. You can point out the issue with the Greek leagues but it does not stop you from playing the game. You can claim that you cannot play the game in the manner you want to but this is not a violation of any consumer right. Whether you like it or not, you are not owed any support. Until FM becomes subscription-based, you should treat every patch as a bonus.

  64. #64
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th April 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    there are solutions if they have limited employees. make simple guys like us beta testers. personally i dont have time but i m sure that many of you would be more than happy to help !
    That's a solution to nothing. Let's imagine that in the opening week, 1 million people acquire the game and play it for one hour, so a million hours of game time. Lets imagine 500 people immediately set off long-term holiday games running to 2100.

    You're instead wanting to give 500,000 of these people a free copy of the game to check for errors, and hope that they'll still buy another copy after? Not a chance. If anything, they already do this with the user feedback / patches.

    Just to add a bit more, I haven't found a football management game to frequently crash or have game-stopping errors since CM4 and FM05. Everything else has been trivial.

  65. #65
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    I am simply pointing out that for some reason we accept lower standards from software companies than we do anyonw else. Every other industry is obliged to provide goods or services that work, are fit for purpose and safe. Its the law.


    Updating your anti-virus is not the same thing.
    Yes it's the law and SI follows the law as they give a game that you can stick into the drive (in the vast majority of cases) and install and play away to your hearts' content. What you're doing is the equivalent of buying a book from an author you don't like and finding the book contains all the thinks you don't like about the authors' style, and then going back to the seller and demanding a refund, or alternatively buying a car and finding the radio only goes up to 98 on the FM dial and demanding a new car gratis.
    Also let me point out the law says that you go back to the vendor (whom you have the contract with) in the occasions that the product or service is not fit for purpose, not the manufacturer. So if you think the game is unplayable go to the place you purchased it off and try to complain and look for a refund. They'll ask "does the game not install, or otherwise render itself unplayable, due to no fault of your own?" and you'll say "oh yes, Brazil managers keep getting sacked this makes it unplayable ", and do you know what, the shop will have to be closed down for the day due to the staff not being able to stop laughing at you.

  66. #66
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    12th July 2007
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    Anyone suggesting that SI are breaking the law by releasing a game with minor faults or errors, think about this:

    The game cannot be perfect. Fact. It can't. The analogy of the book is a very good one. Often, "bugs" are just aspects of the game people don't like. Press conferences are not "broken", they're just rubbish. The "corner bug" doesn't NEED to be implemented. The Brazil manager thing is annoying, but not a game breaker. But the game works as well as it can.

    Back to the book analogy - someone may think that bending the laws of physics in science fiction book is cheating and therefore not the book they want. But it's still a book. On the sleeve it will have said what the book is about but won't have gone in THAT much detail; yet, when buying a sci-fi book, you KNOW you have to suspend your disbelief to some extent. Or some Creationist releases a book explaining why evolution never happened (they have and continue to do so), despite the fact that everything in those books can be refuted by GCSE science students, but they are released anyway. Is it "faulty" because the content is provably wrong? Of course not. But it's still a book. On the sleeve it will say, "This book contains proof that Adam and Eve were the first man and woman alive, that God created them, and they [somehow] spawned the entire human race without resorting to incest, (but this book won't say how)."

    SI release the best game they can. It's a football game with near-infinite possibilities within the match engine alone.

    But first, they release a FREE demo. That demo usually contains some faults, but SI will post on this site which ones they've fixed with the day-one patch and which ones they are are going to have fix slightly later. You then buy the game based on the knowledge that you have gleaned via that process.

    No one can say they don't know what they are getting into with Football Manager. There will always be faults (and bits some people just don't like). And if the law ever states that the game has to be real-life perfect, SI would never release another game and you'd be stuck with FM10 forever.
    Last edited by backpackant; 19-08-2010 at 17:42. Reason: spelling

  67. #67
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backpackant View Post
    Anyone suggesting that SI are breaking the law by releasing a game with minor faults or errors, think about this:

    The game cannot be perfect. Fact. It can't. The analogy of the book is a very good one. Often, "bugs" are just aspects of the game people don't like. Press conferences are not "broken", they're just rubbish. The "corner bug" doesn't NEED to be implemented. The Brazil manager thing is annoying, but not a game breaker. But the game works as well as it can.

    Back to the book analogy - someone may think that bending the laws of physics in science fiction book is cheating and therefore not the book they want. But it's still a book. On the sleeve it will have said what the book is about but won't have gone in THAT much detail; yet, when buying a sci-fi book, you KNOW you have to suspend your disbelief to some extent. Or some Creationist releases a book explaining why evolution never happened (they have and continue to do so), despite the fact that everything in those books can be refuted by GCSE science students, but they are released anyway. Is it "faulty" because the content is provably wrong? Of course not. But it's still a book. On the sleeve it will say, "This book contains proof that Adam and Eve were the first man and woman alive, that God created them, and they [somehow] spawned the entire human race without resorting to incest, (but this book won't say how)."

    SI release the best game they can. It's a football game with near-infinite possibilities within the match engine alone.

    But first, they release a FREE demo. That demo usually contains some faults, but SI will post on this site which ones they've fixed with the day-one patch and which ones they are are going to have fix slightly later. You then buy the game based on the knowledge that you have gleaned via that process.

    No one can say they don't know what they are getting into with Football Manager. There will always be faults (and bits some people just don't like). And if the law ever states that the game has to be real-life perfect, SI would never release another game and you'd be stuck with FM10 forever.
    I think my car analogy is actually better, because he is trying to make out that a minor fault in a peripheral area is making the game "unfit for purpose". And I didn't mention this last night but does anyone know how far down their long list Menezes was when the CBF appointed him a few weeks back. He was behind at least Scolari, Leonardo and Ramalho and probably a few more, those above him didn't want the job because of the famous CBF trigger finger, which makes Jesus Gil look as patient as Job.

  68. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th October 2007
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Um...........no I am not making any such point. Nor am I suggesting SI are breaking the law. Your book analogy totaly fails. Nobody is saying that they don`t like the game, they are saying that there are bugs in the game that spoil the game play. If you bought a book and several pages were missing, or blurred to the point that they were illegible, would you accept that on the basis that the rest of the book was ok?

    As for preknowledge? How many people are registered here? Now how many bought the game?

  69. #69
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Why has anyone taken this thread seriously? If someone truly thinks this Brazil problem (which may or may not even exist) is a game breaker then they are seriously deluded. Reason number 2 for not taking it seriously is that the OP believes there was a world cup in 2004. Don't know how I missed that one!

  70. #70
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    You missed it, how could you?

    It was one by the mighty Scotland

  71. #71
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th December 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    529

    Default

    I'm pretty sure Blizzard were still patching Diablo2 5 years after it's initial release, and Blizzard have many software projects under development or already published, yet they can somehow manage to continue offering support.

    Why as consumers do we have to accept a product that is faulty, purely because it is software. ?
    If it was a toaster that didnt work, I'd complain and get it repaired, replaced or refunded.

    If your playing a "Brazillian Save" then the issue with job security is actually pretty game breaking if you're frequently being sacked due to a programming error,
    as it makes that particular save largely unplayable. And no the solution is not "Well don't play in Brazil then!!", the solution is for SI to fix it.

  72. #72
    Reserves
    Join Date
    8th January 2004
    Posts
    11,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMagpies View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard were still patching Diablo2 5 years after it's initial release, and Blizzard have many software projects under development or already published, yet they can somehow manage to continue offering support.
    Technically 10 years but the main point is there is no Diablo III yet and I'm sure its partly due to renewed interest in II after the announcement of III. Once III is released I doubt you'll see another patch for II.



    Why as consumers do we have to accept a product that is faulty, purely because it is software. ?
    If it was a toaster that didnt work, I'd complain and get it repaired, replaced or refunded.
    Whilst I understand where you are coming from and agree that in a perfect world a piece of software would be perfect the fact is it doesn't happen in the real world. Software such as FM is incredibly complicated and lots of so-called bugs are simply down to a difference in opinion.

    As far as the law states as long as FM loads and you can play the game thats enough.



    If your playing a "Brazillian Save" then the issue with job security is actually pretty game breaking if you're frequently being sacked due to a programming error,
    as it makes that particular save largely unplayable. And no the solution is not "Well don't play in Brazil then!!", the solution is for SI to fix it.
    Again I sympathise and personally I do think this is a bug that should have been fixed the fact remains that SI are limited due to money/time/people.

    As a company they are very open with their approach to the releases and inform customers in advance of the strategy - three patches after release (day of release(ish), Nov/Dec & Feb/March). As a consumer this gives the opportunity to make an informed choice as to whether & when to purchase FM. There is also a demo made available and the opportunity to read the forums if you are in any doubt before giving over your money.

    For your own sanity I think you need to accept that FM will never be perfect and free from bugs. You either accept this will be the case or stop buying/playing the game. Personally as I've got older I've learned to accept the minor errors and enjoy each version for what it is (which for FM10 means not playing as Brazil).

  73. #73
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    hello guys is there any chance for a 10.4 patch that improves the brazil problem etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    Wow! Free Fixes? You mean if they release something that does not work we don`t have pay to get it fixed?

    You do realise that in any other industry thats a right, not a privilage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    I am simply pointing out that for some reason we accept lower standards from software companies than we do anyonw else. Every other industry is obliged to provide goods or services that work, are fit for purpose and safe. Its the law.


    Updating your anti-virus is not the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    Um...........no I am not making any such point. Nor am I suggesting SI are breaking the law. Your book analogy totaly fails. Nobody is saying that they don`t like the game, they are saying that there are bugs in the game that spoil the game play. If you bought a book and several pages were missing, or blurred to the point that they were illegible, would you accept that on the basis that the rest of the book was ok?

    As for preknowledge? How many people are registered here? Now how many bought the game?
    As I have said in a previous thread to a different user frankly this selection of posts has you hoist by your own petard (google the phrase). The OP was saying why chant we have a patch for all the problems, and only mentioning one very minor (and arguably no) problem. Then your two posts are insinuating that SI (and other developers) are not complying with the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services act (1980 in Irl not sure UK, but essentialy the same act), because they are not willing to patch out some minor problems. I'm assuming you're referring to the "fit for its normal purpose, and reasonably durable" clause as it's the only one remotely applicable. My two posts have debunked that line of arguement completely.
    As to your analogy it's more equivalent of buying a book and finding a "there" instead of a "their" on line 4, column 2, of paragraph 3 on page 287 of a 643 page book than having a few pages missing.

  74. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th October 2007
    Posts
    398

    Default

    No, because at no point did I say that FM was subject to the Sale of Goods act. Nor did I directly mention Sports Interactive. I said OTHER industries are and are consequently forced to offer a higher standard of service than software manufacturers.

    SI is pretty good with their aftercare, certainly far better than some companies, but that is no reason for us to think ourselves lucky that they offer to fix issues that are game breaking.

    As to your analogy it's more equivalent of buying a book and finding a "there" instead of a "their" on line 4, column 2, of paragraph 3 on page 287 of a 643 page book than having a few pages missing.
    No, it really isn`t. That example is irrelevant as the meaning is still conveyed. Completely different issue form a software bug preventing a feature working properly.

  75. #75
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    No, because at no point did I say that FM was subject to the Sale of Goods act. Nor did I directly mention Sports Interactive. I said OTHER industries are and are consequently forced to offer a higher standard of service than software manufacturers.
    So when you say "Its [sic] the law" you're not referring to the only law that could possibly be applied to the situation? Somehow I don't think so.

    No, it really isn`t. That example is irrelevant as the meaning is still conveyed. Completely different issue form a software bug preventing a feature working properly.
    I think my analogy is a lot better than yours. The only problem mentioned in this thread is the Brazil manager "problem", and yes I'm putting quote marks there as it's not a problem. If you google the national team you'll see 33 managers in the last 64 years, a less than 2 year average. So is managers gettign sacked after a few friendly losses in anyway comparable to the example to the one of a book with a significant portion (a number of pages) missing? No it is not, one typo in my hundreds of thousands of words is far more accurate.

  76. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    Why is everybody still arguing about this? At the moment SI are busy with FM11 so dont expect anything. In the future who knows. When FM10 was released they released another patch for FM09 removing the activation. If the Brazil problem is a quick fix, they may release a small patch to fix it around the time FM11 is released. If not then who cares, FM11 will be out by then. A far better game by the sound of it and im sure Brazil will be fixed in that.

  77. #77
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    15th February 2005
    Location
    http://www.twitch.tv/roykela
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    EDIT

    Never mind. Multi-quote didn't work for me, and i can't be asked to write it again
    Last edited by roykela; 21-08-2010 at 00:24. Reason: Things didn't work properly

  78. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th October 2007
    Posts
    398

    Default

    So when you say "Its [sic] the law" you're not referring to the only law that could possibly be applied to the situation? Somehow I don't think so.
    No......................I said it was the law for OTHER INDUSTRIES. HEre is what I said again.

    "Every other industry is obliged to provide goods or services that work, are fit for purpose and safe. Its the law.

    I think my analogy is a lot better than yours.
    Think that all you want, but it won`t make it anymore true. Your example is purely cosmetic and has no bearing on the actual work. English is based on context far more than spelling. Teh prof of thes is taht yuo can undrstad thes santence, evan tho its speld wrong.

    If you are a fan of Brazil, or are Brazillian its gamebreaking. How would you feel if the same problem applied to Ireland?

  79. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    18th October 2007
    Posts
    398

    Default

    I am arguing as a general point. We accept too little quality control over software. Whilst I accept that games will never be bug free and acknowlegde that SI are very good compared to other companies, we need to stop defending software that does not work properly. You would not accept it from any other industry.

  80. #80
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th October 2007
    Location
    Stoke-On-Trent
    Posts
    940

    Default

    This is why i don't come to these parts very often. I fear for the mental capacity of some of the people here.

    'SI should only release the game every 2 years etc' I guess none of you realise then that they are in a legally binding contract with their publishers to release a new game every single year. Want to blame anybody? Blame SEGA.

    Please, go ahead, find me another company who on or as soon after release date possible, will listen to the consumers and release a patch straight away, and then a further two down the line for other problems which are found.

    I have bought this game on release date every single year since CM00/01, never have i found a bug which makes the game 'unplayable' and to be honest, if i ever see any 'bugs' it tends to be small things like news items etc...which tbf, i am not small minded enough to get worked up over.

    I'm not a 'fanboy' before somebody pipes up with that one. I am a realist. The game isn't perfect (but its damn near to in my eyes) it never will be, as no game is. Every single game has problems, do you know why? Because they are COMPUTER games. If you want real life football management, round up some lads, go to a nearby park and start a sunday league football team, other than that, this game is the closest you're going to get.

    I honestly do not know what some people expect. They pay £25 (which in todays market is not very much at all given that FIFA/PES etc retail at £40+) for a game which is worked on all year until the next is released and then has a whole community there who will provide additional add ons, updates to enhance the games experience.

    Rant over.

  81. #81
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    No......................I said it was the law for OTHER INDUSTRIES. HEre is what I said again.

    "Every other industry is obliged to provide goods or services that work, are fit for purpose and safe. Its the law.



    Think that all you want, but it won`t make it anymore true. Your example is purely cosmetic and has no bearing on the actual work. English is based on context far more than spelling. Teh prof of thes is taht yuo can undrstad thes santence, evan tho its speld wrong.

    If you are a fan of Brazil, or are Brazillian its gamebreaking. How would you feel if the same problem applied to Ireland?
    A) It's not gamebreaking, the CBF sack their managers on the drop of a hat in real life you know. And I've never seen a complaint about a palyer being sacked after 3 games, and everybody who has noticed it have only seen it after a few years and a trawl through the list of managers. If it doesn't affecy YOU directly no matter how much YOU love the team its not gamebreaking. Gamebreaking is when your goalkeeper walks out of the box with the ball at his feet and then plays a backpass thus scoring an own-goal, which actually was quite common in a recent release of a "rival" management sim.

    B) I'm going to paraphrase a famous (non)poster from another message board I frequent, Attacko, in order to once again demolish your whole arguement.

    FACT- Nobody is above the law.
    FACT- The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act applies to all vendors/manufacturers/sevice providers, i.e. it's not every other industry it's
    FACT- SI are not above the law.
    FACT- You complained that everbody else is obliged by law to provide a working good or service, implying that both SI are not providing their good in working order, or adhering to the law. Your whole post above was trying to to weasel out of this point after I pointed out the sheer idiocy of this arguement.
    FACT- every single post I've read from you is the equivalent of a 5 year old saying "You're not allowed to score goals against me, I'm going home and I'm taking my ball. Mammy the other boys are unfair, they keep scoring goals. Waah, waah, WAAH.
    FACT- Attacko is the superior!

    Frankly don't even bother replying to this post unless you can construct an arguement that takes even a nano-seconds worth of thought to demolish. I destroyed your argument fully and comprehensively, and all you could come up with was "that's not my arguement, the thing I said which could have only one meaning, actually means the opposite".

  82. #82
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th April 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    No......................I said it was the law for OTHER INDUSTRIES. HEre is what I said again.

    "Every other industry is obliged to provide goods or services that work, are fit for purpose and safe. Its the law.
    Do you find FM unsafe? I think you need some professional help :P . Can I ask in what way you find that FM does not work, and is unfit for purpose? I mean, this Brazil problem can't be it? I'm looking for serious game-stopping problems that would stop hundreds of people from playing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion22 View Post
    If you are a fan of Brazil, or are Brazillian its gamebreaking. How would you feel if the same problem applied to Ireland?
    In my opinion, they've got it spot on. Much like Real Madrid, it's difficult to please your employers, and managers are frequently sacked. Technically, any non-Braziliian being appointed Brazil manager is "gamebreaking", because Brazil do not believe in appointing foreigners. The same goes for your club being happy to accept you being a club and international manager. Unrealistic, and as gamebreaking as the Brazil "problem".

  83. #83
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Do you find FM unsafe? I think you need some professional help :P . Can I ask in what way you find that FM does not work, and is unfit for purpose? I mean, this Brazil problem can't be it? I'm looking for serious game-stopping problems that would stop hundreds of people from playing it.



    In my opinion, they've got it spot on. Much like Real Madrid, it's difficult to please your employers, and managers are frequently sacked. Technically, any non-Braziliian being appointed Brazil manager is "gamebreaking", because Brazil do not believe in appointing foreigners. The same goes for your club being happy to accept you being a club and international manager. Unrealistic, and as gamebreaking as the Brazil "problem".
    why cant you understand that for me who i am greek having panathinaikos taking 60m euros each year for tv revenues makes the game unplayable because in two years pan. will have aguerro and olympiakos will have gerrard. its not realistic. maybe you dont care because you dont play that league
    but for me is vital!
    and i had to wait 2 bloody months. i am sure that if the problem was for a british league SI would have patched the game immediatly!

  84. #84
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd October 2007
    Posts
    225

    Default

    It's a data issue, surely you could just edit the problem in the editor?

  85. #85
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    why cant you understand that for me who i am greek having panathinaikos taking 60m euros each year for tv revenues makes the game unplayable because in two years pan. will have aguerro and olympiakos will have gerrard. its not realistic. maybe you dont care because you dont play that league
    but for me is vital!
    and i had to wait 2 bloody months. i am sure that if the problem was for a british league SI would have patched the game immediatly!
    No. They wouldn't. Reputation is too low for those 2 to go there. SI can't magically make a patch so your argument about a British league is nonsense.

  86. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    No. They wouldn't. Reputation is too low for those 2 to go there. SI can't magically make a patch so your argument about a British league is nonsense.
    I understand where he's coming from regarding British leagues though. Didnt they release a patch on game release day just to add Stephen Carr (I think) to the Birmingham squad? And that isnt even that important but a big problem with the Greek league takes 2 months to fix. I think there is more of a bias on SI's part towards the bigger leagues and England especially.

  87. #87
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    I understand where he's coming from regarding British leagues though. Didnt they release a patch on game release day just to add Stephen Carr (I think) to the Birmingham squad? And that isnt even that important but a big problem with the Greek league takes 2 months to fix. I think there is more of a bias on SI's part towards the bigger leagues and England especially.
    That patch wasn't specifically for Stephen Carr. It was fixing other far more relevant and important issues.

  88. #88
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    7th April 2007
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shanahan View Post
    A) It's not gamebreaking, the CBF sack their managers on the drop of a hat in real life you know. And I've never seen a complaint about a palyer being sacked after 3 games, and everybody who has noticed it have only seen it after a few years and a trawl through the list of managers. If it doesn't affecy YOU directly no matter how much YOU love the team its not gamebreaking. Gamebreaking is when your goalkeeper walks out of the box with the ball at his feet and then plays a backpass thus scoring an own-goal, which actually was quite common in a recent release of a "rival" management sim.

    B) I'm going to paraphrase a famous (non)poster from another message board I frequent, Attacko, in order to once again demolish your whole arguement.

    FACT- Nobody is above the law.
    FACT- The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act applies to all vendors/manufacturers/sevice providers, i.e. it's not every other industry it's
    FACT- SI are not above the law.
    FACT- You complained that everbody else is obliged by law to provide a working good or service, implying that both SI are not providing their good in working order, or adhering to the law. Your whole post above was trying to to weasel out of this point after I pointed out the sheer idiocy of this arguement.
    FACT- every single post I've read from you is the equivalent of a 5 year old saying "You're not allowed to score goals against me, I'm going home and I'm taking my ball. Mammy the other boys are unfair, they keep scoring goals. Waah, waah, WAAH.
    FACT- Attacko is the superior!

    Frankly don't even bother replying to this post unless you can construct an arguement that takes even a nano-seconds worth of thought to demolish. I destroyed your argument fully and comprehensively, and all you could come up with was "that's not my arguement, the thing I said which could have only one meaning, actually means the opposite".
    You must think you're pretty cool, "paraphrasing" some ridiculous and untrue syllogism from some stupidly-named internet charlatan who you seem to revere quite so much that he may even be yourself. Mr. Philosophy, maybe when (if?) you pass Intro to Ethics, you may understand what a jerk you are, moral relativism aside.

    My question is why SI can't take the time to fix the minor bugs in the 10.3 patch. If customers are upset about it, it would make sense for SI to do the day of leg work in order to make them happy. Instead, they take this defensive "oh no, we work way too hard on FM11 that we can't devote ANY TIME WHATSOEVER to fixing FM10" attitude, which really makes no sense for me. I'm sure SI could find someone on this forum (maybe Brian Shanahan- I'm sure he has the time) who would be perfectly willing take a day to fix the Brazil "bug" and the Greece finance thing and would do it for free. SI releases 10.4 patch, the 10 people who were upset are now happy, and I'm not being glib. In my opinion, every customer should matter. I don't care if it's literally only the Greek guy who would be made happier, SI has a responsibility as a business to go out of their way to make sure ALL of their customers are treated well... Especially since this is such an easy issue to fix, which is what I find kind of ludicrous.

  89. #89
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010
    Posts
    22,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1990 View Post
    I'm sure SI could find someone on this forum (maybe Brian Shanahan- I'm sure he has the time) who would be perfectly willing take a day to fix the Brazil "bug" and the Greece finance thing and would do it for free.
    One day, I'll write a short skit based on that statement.

    The average forum user, probably including Brian, wouldn't have a clue how to fix the Brazil "bug". It isn't a case of "untick the box where it says "Brazil sack their manager after every draw or defeat"", it would need a good knowledge of coding language, and the nuances of the FM code. In other words, they'd need to be a professional (who would want paying), they'd need to spent quite some time, and they'd probably need to already work for SI.

    (How on Earth is this thread still open?)

  90. #90
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Limerick Leader Sports section
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    One day, I'll write a short skit based on that statement.

    The average forum user, probably including Brian, wouldn't have a clue how to fix the Brazil "bug". It isn't a case of "untick the box where it says "Brazil sack their manager after every draw or defeat"", it would need a good knowledge of coding language, and the nuances of the FM code. In other words, they'd need to be a professional (who would want paying), they'd need to spent quite some time, and they'd probably need to already work for SI.

    (How on Earth is this thread still open?)
    This is 100% true, my knowledge of coding only extends as far as knowing how incredibly hard doing something like this can turn out, and thats from living with some comp sci students back at university.

    @Scott: if you stopped blathering for just one secon and actually read what went on between me and the other poster you wouldn't have posted the ad hominem attack on me. Also please note for future reference that using big concepts that you don't understand to try and win arguements only makes you look stupid. Please note the following reference form Solomon "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

  91. #91
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    7th April 2007
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shanahan View Post
    This is 100% true, my knowledge of coding only extends as far as knowing how incredibly hard doing something like this can turn out, and thats from living with some comp sci students back at university.

    @Scott: if you stopped blathering for just one secon and actually read what went on between me and the other poster you wouldn't have posted the ad hominem attack on me. Also please note for future reference that using big concepts that you don't understand to try and win arguements only makes you look stupid. Please note the following reference form Solomon "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
    To use a lazily-constructed syllogism spawned from another forum user, whose name you HAD to reference (for some reason), in order to prove some asinine point on a forum about a soccer computer game struck me as bad form. As did your subsequent pretentious and condescending reply. I just don't understand why people have to be jerks, especially when it's so easy using the anonymity of a computer.

    Solomon also said this: “Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.”

  92. #92
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1990 View Post
    To use a lazily-constructed syllogism spawned from another forum user, whose name you HAD to reference (for some reason), in order to prove some asinine point on a forum about a soccer computer game struck me as bad form. As did your subsequent pretentious and condescending reply. I just don't understand why people have to be jerks, especially when it's so easy using the anonymity of a computer.

    Solomon also said this: “Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.”
    If he hadn't referenced the other forum user then we'd have had no idea what he was on about. Bad form my backside. Legion deserved it all and more.
    More importantly though, I'll echo SCIAG's last comment (adding my own words also): how on earth is this train wreck thread still open?

  93. #93
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    No. They wouldn't. Reputation is too low for those 2 to go there. SI can't magically make a patch so your argument about a British league is nonsense.
    man i told you two random names. in a friend's game panathinaikos had ribery (which was sold from roma and he was transfer listed) and olympiakos had neymar .no fmrte or something. i am not lying. you know its silly complaining about a fake issue

  94. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    man i told you two random names. in a friend's game panathinaikos had ribery (which was sold from roma and he was transfer listed) and olympiakos had neymar .no fmrte or something. i am not lying. you know its silly complaining about a fake issue
    So Ribery went from Bayern to Roma and then to Panathinaikos. Was he about 35? No wonder he went there, probably for higher wages anybody else would pay him aswell. As for Olympiakos having Neymar, nothing really out of the ordinary there. If he really wants to play in Europe, he could be using Olympiakos as a stepping stone also pretty much guarenteed European football of some sort.

  95. #95
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    man i told you two random names. in a friend's game panathinaikos had ribery (which was sold from roma and he was transfer listed) and olympiakos had neymar .no fmrte or something. i am not lying. you know its silly complaining about a fake issue
    No you told me 2 extremely high profile names who would never play in the Greek league. Neymar and Ribery are different. Neymar is young and talented and would see the Greek league as a stepping stone, whilst Ribery is a merc and would go there for the money. They are a completely different scenario to Aguero and Gerrard. If you're going to complain, then please at least use decent examples.
    Anyway my earlier point about SI not being able to magically pull a patch out of the air remains.
    Is that all clear enough?

    EDIT : beaten by StevoRobbo

  96. #96
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    ok guys you re probably blinded funboys. normally neither of them would come to greece. but anyways playing with a greek team and having each summer to spend 60-70m is gamebreaking. its simple

  97. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    funboys?

  98. #98
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    ok guys you re probably blinded funboys. normally neither of them would come to greece. but anyways playing with a greek team and having each summer to spend 60-70m is gamebreaking. its simple
    I am a funboy!!!!!
    Read very carefully what we wrote. In both cases it is likely that Ribery and Neymar would go to the Greek league for the reasons stated by both of us. It is never likely for Aguero or Gerrard. Give me a proper example and I will listen and sympathise, otherwise you just make yourself look stupid.

    I think the word you were looking for was 'fanboys'. For the record there is no need to be so offensive. If you check my posts you will see that I criticise FM when needed and defend it when needed.

  99. #99
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th January 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    yea sorry fanboys i meant anywayz the proper example is this: greek teams had crazy amounts of cash= its unrealistic= it makes the game unplayable for me.
    its not only about ribery teams that normally would have 1m for transfers now they had 30m.

    ok obviously you dont find it that bad. BUT for me and for many people in the greek manager community made the game unplayable. the beginning of this convo was how the brazil problem makes the game unplayable for you. and the answer is the one i gave right now. i dont care that much about brazil as for the prize problem in greece and the fact that some players become unregistered for no reason .ok now ?

  100. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandel View Post
    yea sorry fanboys i meant anywayz the proper example is this: greek teams had crazy amounts of cash= its unrealistic= it makes the game unplayable for me.
    its not only about ribery teams that normally would have 1m for transfers now they had 30m.

    ok obviously you dont find it that bad. BUT for me and for many people in the greek manager community made the game unplayable. the beginning of this convo was how the brazil problem makes the game unplayable for you. and the answer is the one i gave right now. i dont care that much about brazil as for the prize problem in greece and the fact that some players become unregistered for no reason .ok now ?
    In future try reading all of the posts. Especially when somebody actually agree's with you. I pointed out the Ribery and Neymar thing because it could actually happen even though you say it wont.

    Regarding the TV money, I actually agreed with you a few posts back if you bothered to read. Here is what I said AGAIN for you:

    I understand where he's coming from regarding British leagues though. Didnt they release a patch on game release day just to add Stephen Carr (I think) to the Birmingham squad? And that isnt even that important but a big problem with the Greek league takes 2 months to fix. I think there is more of a bias on SI's part towards the bigger leagues and England especially.


    BTW im far from being a fanboy. I have plenty of gripes with FM when needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts