+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To sell, or not to sell?

Amateur

Default To sell, or not to sell?

(Relates to FM 09)

Real Madrid have come in with a £39.5 million bid for Rio Ferdinand. £7.25 million upfront and £32 million over the next 2 years.

Normally I would of rejected out of hand, but even this amount surprised me.

He's just had a very good first season with me, a far better season than the under performing Vidic (about to enter pre-season of 2nd season) but he is 30 years old. I was already looking at the likes of Marcano, Leo and Fazio before they came in with the bid. Having the money in instalments isn't a problem because I have the money to sign a replacement anyway.

Should I accept, hold out for more or tell them to get stuffed?

Banned

Dont sell. At 30, Ferdinand is hitting his peak. Also he will be a good tutor. Id use the money you already have to bring in a good young defender aound 18 with a lot of potential. Use Ferdinand to train him. In 2 or 3 seasons your guy will be ready to take over from Ferdninand.

If they offered £40m cash I would take it but anything with a paltry amount upfront then the rest over 2 years isnt worth it IMO.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    Dont sell. At 30, Ferdinand is hitting his peak. Also he will be a good tutor. Id use the money you already have to bring in a good young defender aound 18 with a lot of potential. Use Ferdinand to train him. In 2 or 3 seasons your guy will be ready to take over from Ferdninand.

If they offered £40m cash I would take it but anything with a paltry amount upfront then the rest over 2 years isnt worth it IMO.

I would take it at that money, plenty of younger replacements available. Even if you spend 30m that still leaves you with 9.5m profit and a younger player.

As for installments there is no real difference in having the money immediately or over two seasons if you have spare funds now.

Semi Pro

At that money for him I would definatly sell, maybe use Evans in his place then look for talented youth (newgens or real)

Sports Interactive Aaron Armstrong's Avatar

If you have replacements lined up you can sign cheaper, then sell.

Amateur

jonny evans is ready to take over ....

Amateur

Never sell Rio

Reserves

Sell him. You should be able to get somone cheaper and better.

Lurker

don't sell...
    besides hitting his peak, he's an excellent tutor for young prospects, and can help achieve the potential of a number of wonderkids in mental as well as hidden attributes, thus, effectively helping in the development of a number of superstars of tomorrow...

Amateur

Sell him £40m, is an immense amount for Rio and you'll have his wages off the books.

Jonny Evans can step up, and if not there's a lot of of talent out there for a lot less than £40,000,000 and the huge wages Ferdinand commands.

+ Reply to Thread