+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 'Official' Football Manager 2011 Boxed Version Purchasing and Delivery Discussion

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

id wait until SI/SEGA commen t before jumping ton conclusions. It could be like all the emails Play were sending about the release changing from 05/11 to 29/10.

Amateur

Whatever happened to the good ole days when people went to buy it from a shop. Stress free, you know when you'll get the game, sorted done and dusted. Baffling/

Part-Timer

Those hazy days disappeared when online retailers undercut the prices of highstreet retailers and offered a better all round service

FC Oss Researcher

nothing happened to them for me, never pre order online!

Amateur

so is the game ready for dwnload on steam in certain countries?

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by GioGio85 View Post
    Those hazy days disappeared when online retailers undercut the prices of highstreet retailers and offered a better all round service
    a better all-round service?? not knowing if you'll get your game or not... down the shops Friday lunchtime for me.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rlipscombe View Post
    a better all-round service?? not knowing if you'll get your game or not... down the shops Friday lunchtime for me.
    Possiblity of getting it earlier though

Amateur

Their original target for dispatch was 29/10 according to my account page, well ordering from The Hut anyway but they own/operate Zavvi. I expect the emails we've all received are automated ones sent after missing a target date by a certain amount of time. They don't dispatch from the Channel Islands like Play, if memory serves, so they've got a little while to get them in the post.

The Hut group have always got the game to me on day of release in the past, so I'm not worried about the email.

Hopefully this isn't the start of all the Zavvi bashing we saw last year Not that I'm accusing you of bashing them, but now we've got a bandwagon for people to jump on.

Part-Timer

[QUOTE=rlipscombe;6052803]a better all-round service?? not knowing if you'll get your game or not... down the shops Friday lunchtime for me.[/QUOTE

Ive ordered online for the last 4 years and have never been disappointed, it's come early on 2 occasions....probably tempting fate now

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Domathon View Post
    true but its better and more effective if you start a new game..,ill be gettin in friday when i go to game few days is no biggie
    More effective?

The only thing that you wont get in your save from a patch is the player changes so not really.

Part-Timer

Digital stores -> Retailers

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Chevalier View Post
    Whatever happened to the good ole days when people went to buy it from a shop. Stress free, you know when you'll get the game, sorted done and dusted. Baffling/
    Thank god I don't have to travel to England just to buy a game that doesn't get released here ;)

As for the Zavvi mail: I didn't get one. It only says 'processing' on Zavvi. So with a bit of luck I might get FM11 at the same time as the people that will receive it delayed in England

Amateur

When i got to game or amazon website it says rrp £39.99.............which is too much, but they are selling for 27-29 quid. Is this because it's a pre-order, or if i go to the store and pick up will it be £40?

Maybe i'll just steam it, £5 difference is hardly earth shattering

FC Oss Researcher

the last 2 games i pre ordered in store i got the day before!

Ill be at the shops at 8AM for it!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Thank god I don't have to travel to England just to buy a game that doesn't get released here ;)
    But you probably would if pushed

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by seanydude View Post
    Possiblity of getting it earlier though
    But without the patch....

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

But you probably would if pushed
    I would propose a romantic trip to London to my girlfriend
    So my girl would agree with you that everything was better in the old days^^

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by davos View Post
    Just got an email saying:

"We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

Football Manager 2011

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order."

Anyone else had one?

I'm going to be well peeved if I don't get it on release day. I preordered it 2 months ago.
    was just about to create the same thread................exactly the same as you mate .........chase them up

Semi Pro

But without the patch....
    No major data errors for the club im planning on playing with anyway so the patch will update everything else

FC Oss Researcher

yer but if its like last year, the data will be the last thing you care about. 3 or 4 30 yard long shot goals from a player with 5 for long shots will soon get old :P

Banned

im a little hopefull of an early release. i seen somewhere, that someone said it will still be released on the 5th, but if its available online for free, from what i hear its the boxed version of the full game, and stores are alledgedly(sp) selling the game in spain or belgium or poland or wherever, and the games are in the stores sittin in boxes, why not just make the call or send the email or whatever and start makin some cash for themselves. also a guy in a well known game shop told me a couple of years back when i was buyin fm06 or 07 or somethin, its was actually a couple of days before the official release date(i didnt know), coz some other shop sold a copy of it earlier that week everyone just start sellin it coz he said they couldnt get in trouble, only the fool who sold the first copy. so come on si or whoever i need to ask, release the game.

ps. i opted out of downloading the game for free out of respect for what the lads at fm do every year for us. thanks a lot. cant say i wasnt tempted though, i know of at least 12 people who took it off the net today an another 3 or 4 who could of too, these guys would of all bought the game on friday, but lookin forward as usual to buyin my copy whenever its out. wish i could play it now though lol.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by viiralx View Post
    More effective?

The only thing that you wont get in your save from a patch is the player changes so not really.
    si have always said patches work much better with a new save after the update

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Domathon View Post
    si have always said patches work much better with a new save after the update
    Yes well there is no difference except for transfers.

Amateur

As usual prices are a ripoff for aussies. Steam = $89.95USD; Ebgames will be selling at retail for $88
    Im fed up and ordering pre order from http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/f...ame-pc-and-mac for $37.99AUD

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nijuu L View Post
    As usual prices are a ripoff for aussies. Steam = $89.95USD; Ebgames will be selling at retail for $88
    Im fed up and ordering pre order from http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/f...ame-pc-and-mac for $37.99AUD
    Yep, we have been getting screwed for years.
    It's disgusting that we have to pay twice as much as everywhere else in the world, and I've never seen a decent excuse as to why it happens.

Idiots will occasionally say something about EB and other stores not making much profit off it, if we can order it online for around $40 then they could too. Buying in bulk they should even get a better price.
    Either the games companies, distributors or our own government are ripping us off. The government may have some sort of tax on them that I don't know about, although they were all supposed to go with the GST, yeah right.
    The old excuse was our weak dollar, well that was ages ago, we're nearly the same as the US dollar now, yet are still paying twice as much as everyone else.

I know we should all just order online, but I've stopped using my credit card as I need to bring it down a bit. So I was waiting for it to pop up in JB, but if it's over $80 I'm not buying it on principal. No game should be released for more than $Au50, that's still more than what everyone else in the world pays.

And they wonder why there's illegal copies out there.

Amateur

play.com has been packing my order since last night so I'm hopeful it will be dispatched today or tomorrow, which means it should be here by fri!!

G

Amateur

When i got to game or amazon website it says rrp £39.99.............which is too much, but they are selling for 27-29 quid. Is this because it's a pre-order, or if i go to the store and pick up will it be £40?

Maybe i'll just steam it, £5 difference is hardly earth shattering
    It will be £29.99 in shops I think for the hard copy. I'd be surprised if anyone sells it for RRP. Although I'm sure I'll be proved wrong now

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gmulv View Post
    play.com has been packing my order since last night so I'm hopeful it will be dispatched today or tomorrow, which means it should be here by fri!!

G
    me 2!!!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyDick View Post
    Yep, we have been getting screwed for years.
    It's disgusting that we have to pay twice as much as everywhere else in the world, and I've never seen a decent excuse as to why it happens.

Idiots will occasionally say something about EB and other stores not making much profit off it, if we can order it online for around $40 then they could too. Buying in bulk they should even get a better price.
    Either the games companies, distributors or our own government are ripping us off. The government may have some sort of tax on them that I don't know about, although they were all supposed to go with the GST, yeah right.
    The old excuse was our weak dollar, well that was ages ago, we're nearly the same as the US dollar now, yet are still paying twice as much as everyone else.

I know we should all just order online, but I've stopped using my credit card as I need to bring it down a bit. So I was waiting for it to pop up in JB, but if it's over $80 I'm not buying it on principal. No game should be released for more than $Au50, that's still more than what everyone else in the world pays.

And they wonder why there's illegal copies out there.
    Can you receive gift games through steam from people in UK ?

Amateur

My simplygames order still says pre-order :-(

Amateur

my play .com order as been pack should be here with next few day cant wait 2 get in to it

Amateur

Why would you want it 1 or 2 days early? You wont play it as the patch wont be out, and can you really not wait 1 more day? I'll be getting it from the shop where i'll be garenteed it!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by viiralx View Post
    Yes well there is no difference except for transfers.
    Not strictly true, some things that are set up when you create a new game may affect that save for the duration of the game, and can't be changed with the patch.

It's always best - not essential, but best - to start a new game post-patch, which is why many people do this.

Will it be available to buy from midnight friday from places like Tesco?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DavePott View Post
    Why would you want it 1 or 2 days early? You wont play it as the patch wont be out, and can you really not wait 1 more day? I'll be getting it from the shop where i'll be garenteed it!
    Why not? Is there something important in the patch that makes the game unplayable? I havent noticed any earth shattering bugs in the demo and since the full game is made from the same code it should be good enough. And besides the patch works on older save games.

Anyway...i pretty sure my game is going to arrive long after the patch has been released. Oh well..its cheaper to order online than to buy locally.

Amateur

Last year I went to my local ASDA at about 8am, they'd not received their supply yet. Nor had Morrisons around the corner. I went off to work, and at lunchtime popped into the ASDA there. They'd had a supply and sold out, but were expecting another batch "sometime this afternoon". I went back after work at 5pm, and bought the last copy they had.

That's why I've gone back to internet shopping this year!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Blue View Post
    Will it be available to buy from midnight friday from places like Tesco?
    Maybe somewhere else, but Tesco don't sell (new) PC games anymore.

Amateur

My order shipped!!! HMV.com. I live in the USA.

FC Oss Researcher

see i shop for games at an actual game store where you can preorder and guarantee your copy instead of going to a supermarket and hoping they have it on the shelf.

Still i can see the up sides of getting it online, i would just hate sitting at home waiting knowing that "i could have been playing now if i had gone to the shops"
    Last edited by La Furia Roja; 02-11-2010 at 11:02.

Amateur

Steam or Shopto.net

Simples!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sanjin84 View Post
    My order shipped!!! HMV.com. I live in the USA.
    Yeah it says on the hmv website now shipping so no what do I do? Should I order and hope I recieve the game tomorrow or wait to see if shopto start to ship today?

Decision, decisions!!!

Amateur

any word from the shopto guys yet??

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jakobx View Post
    Is there something important in the patch that makes the game unplayable?
    Huh?

Theres more than one shop that sells it. We have Game, Hmv, 3 big supermarkets plus countless other game stores, im sure iu can get it earlier and cheaper than alot of people getting it online.

Part-Timer

No update on their website yet. If they get it in stock today, they will probably start dispatching today. If not, then tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then thursday. Just have to wait really.

Amateur

Play also have the game in stock now. Just called shopto and they said they dont have stock yet.

Part-Timer

They'll probably get it tomorrow with a thursday arrival, that tends to be the norm from my experience. Play takes several days to arrive anyway.

Amateur

What are Hmv like for delivery? I might just wait untill shopto get stock because I know they dispatch and deliver very quickly

Semi Pro

Zavvi has a terrible rep dor delivering on time, last year I got my copy 2 weeks late. Will never use them again.

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

play.com my order is on packing now and will be shipped within 24 hours.

Amateur

3 to 5 day from play.com after dispatch

Part-timer

Cdon.com has shipped my game! Should be here tomorrow, which is perfect since I have the next two days off from work

Part-Timer
    Over there, over there and up there... kids they blow up so fast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy :) View Post
    It will be £29.99 in shops I think for the hard copy. I'd be surprised if anyone sells it for RRP. Although I'm sure I'll be proved wrong now
    I think it'll be £29.99
    Personally I'd say online shops are saying the RRP is £40-ish so they can pretend they are offering a good deal for pre-orders when it's just the same as buying it on release

I believe some did the same last year, and I never saw a single shop sell it for more than £30 after release
    And if it is £40 this year... no chance I refuse to pay more than £30 for a game unless the casing is made from pure platinum and the manual paper made from the P. baylisiana tree

Amateur

when I preorder from shopto, I normally get my dispatched email on Tuesday evening, around 7pm and it normally arrives on the Thursday (I live in Northern Ireland), so could be quicker for those of you on the mainland. So I wouldn't be too worried if you have ordered from shopto.

International Star Player
    I know a place we can go where you'll fall in love so hard that you'll wish you were dead.

IMO these kind of problems (and struggling to find it on the high street) are really what makes Steam such an attractive way to purchase games. Of course it does have its drawbacks too.

Amateur

Now in stock at shopto

Amateur

Just had an email from play.com - my order has been posted!!!!
    G

Amateur

I ordered from Amazon, they havent recieved there stock yet, but email state they expect to dispatch it 3rd Nov, tomorrow.

Amateur

Ok, I found a local shop selling the game and I'm picking up my copy after work.
    my question: will I be able to register on Steam tonight? Or will I have to keep the disc in until friday?

cheers

Amateur

Still waiting for a dispatch email from play.com

Third Team

play order still packing

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bfc View Post
    3 to 5 day from play.com after dispatch
    I've ordered dozens of things from them and once it's dispatched it's always reached me next day.

Amateur

Just seen ShopTo have it in stock as well. We may get a dispatch tonight with a bit of luck?

Part-Timer

Shopto likely to dispatch tonight and then should get it tommorow

Yep hopefully shopto are saying preorders are being processed! C'mon fm 2011 I like to have the box even though I have to wait till Friday to play!

Amateur

Get in,its on its way

Quote Originally Posted by gw79 View Post
    Maybe somewhere else, but Tesco don't sell (new) PC games anymore.
    Tesco's WILL be selling Football Manager 2011. And many Tesco stores will be doing midnight openings (SEGA are attempting to get a list together). Some (very much not all) Tesco stores are also offering a free pizza to those who buy at midnight, I'm told, but again, SEGA are the people with those details.

Amateur

Ordered last night from Play, just been posted today and as I said above, I have always recieved the next day once posted. I have tomorrow and Thursday off, it's now going to be annoying that I have it and can't play it.

Amateur

my copie had been posted from play.com

Third Team

play.com order posted get in son 1-0.

Amateur

Default "Your order has been posted"

For those of you that pre-ordered on play.com, they are shipping FM11 now

Please allow 3-5 days delivery

Youth Team

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ery-Discussion

There is an official thread for this sort of thing.

Amateur

Play.com says mine has been posted!

Quite lookiing forward to having a play around with the full game, can never get into demo's...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by robertodibaggio View Post
    Ordered last night from Play, just been posted today and as I said above, I have always recieved the next day once posted. I have tomorrow and Thursday off, it's now going to be annoying that I have it and can't play it.
    Do you live in Jersey, like?

Or somewhere near the south coast anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by SWaRFeGa View Post

And merged.

Amateur

Didn't know, sorry, ta!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1978 View Post
    Do you live in Jersey, like?

Or somewhere near the south coast anyway?
    I live in sunny Hampshire.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Tesco's WILL be selling Football Manager 2011. And many Tesco stores will be doing midnight openings (SEGA are attempting to get a list together). Some (very much not all) Tesco stores are also offering a free pizza to those who buy at midnight, I'm told, but again, SEGA are the people with those details.
    Well, at least I got corrected by somebody important!

Amateur

Will FM2011 have to be activated though?

Amateur

I live in sunny Hampshire.
    That'll be how then, those of us further away have to wait for Royal Mail to get it to us, once it gets off the ship tomorrow morning!

Amateur

Usually if play post before 12, 9 times out of 10 you have it the next day..... Good times....Im sat like an eager beaver!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by !Steve1977 View Post
    Will FM2011 have to be activated though?
    that's my question as well: Belgian shops are allready selling and I'll have my copy after work; will I able to play on Steam tonight?

Amateur

I think for those getting the game early, you can just play it straight away with the disk in the drive like last year. No need to use Steam at all.

Amateur

ShopTo now saying pre-order again. About 30mins a go i said it was in stock processing pre-orders. Don't know what the situation is now????

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Makollig Jezvahted View Post
    that's my question as well: Belgian shops are allready selling and I'll have my copy after work; will I able to play on Steam tonight?
    Where in Belgium? Called some shops but all said friday

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by verdinaso View Post
    Where in Belgium? Called some shops but all said friday
    2 shops in Oosende; try to avoid the big ones (mediamarkt, FRS, gamemania, etc): try in toy shops with lady-staff
    They're not fully aware of "release dates" and just tell you; 'yeah, it's in'...

edit: also shops in Hasselt are selling and 1 in Antwerp

Amateur

Talking Dispatch Notice!!

Just had an email from Play to say the game has now been posted!!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by studley1984 View Post
    Just had an email from Play to say the game has now been posted!!
    :/

We know.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Makollig Jezvahted View Post
    2 shops in Oosende; try to avoid the big ones (mediamarkt, FRS, gamemania, etc): try in toy shops with lady-staff
    They're not fully aware of "release dates" and just tell you; 'yeah, it's in'...

edit: also shops in Hasselt are selling and 1 in Antwerp
    Could you PM me the shop in Antwerp

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by andywoods View Post
    ShopTo now saying pre-order again. About 30mins a go i said it was in stock processing pre-orders. Don't know what the situation is now????
    I was told, as ive said in a previous post, they're dispatching today. But i havent even seen it say "in stock" yet.

Part-Timer

Play have shipped mine today, they usually take 4/5 days to get things to me so looks like I won't have it until Monday.

That said, in the past I have always got FM from play and they have been a day early, so heres to hoping!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanio View Post
    Play have shipped mine today, they usually take 4/5 days to get things to me so looks like I won't have it until Monday.

That said, in the past I have always got FM from play and they have been a day early, so heres to hoping!
    Must say that I am shocked by how long it seems to take play to deliver to some people. How can it take three days longer to get somewhere than it does to get to me. I know I'm south coast but another 3 days for someone that lives anywhere else in England seems crazy,

Amateur

Must say that I am shocked by how long it seems to take play to deliver to some people. How can it take three days longer to get somewhere than it does to get to me. I know I'm south coast but another 3 days for someone that lives anywhere else in England seems crazy,
    As far as I'm aware, they put all the items onto a ship which brings everything to the mainland, and then it's carried forward from there by Royal Mail as second class post. Theoretically, everyone should get their items within 2 or 3 working days of it reaching the mainland. Getting it the day after seems very lucky!

Amateur

As far as I'm aware, they put all the items onto a ship which brings everything to the mainland, and then it's carried forward from there by Royal Mail as second class post. Theoretically, everyone should get their items within 2 or 3 working days of it reaching the mainland. Getting it the day after seems very lucky!
    I've probably jinxed it now anyway.

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

My shopto status now says N/A???

Youth Team

As far as I'm aware, they put all the items onto a ship which brings everything to the mainland
    I'm actually the "driver" of that ship.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Richard76 View Post
    My shopto status now says N/A???
    which probably means it's been dispatched....

Amateur

I'm actually the "driver" of that ship.
    Must take you a while to get home to Wigan every night..

Amateur

which probably means it's been dispatched....
    Surely youd get a dispatch email, with Fifa 11 they didnt email due to the sheer quantity of orders they had to get sent out, but FM11 wont be anywhere near the same imo. Think the best thing to do Richard76 mate is ring them to see if they got stock in, if they have, could well have been dispatched.

Part-Timer

With my last two preorders from shopto I did not get an email until late in the day. Just sayin'

Semi Pro
    What's The Matter Lagerboy ? Afraid You Might Taste Something ?

If hmv.com says it's 'Now Shipping' FM11 then, when, do you reckon it will get to their shops ? at one of which I have the game pre-ordered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast