'Official' Football Manager 2011 Boxed Version Purchasing and Delivery Discussion

Well with fm11 approaching thought we should have a thread where we can find the best price for a pre order of the game. Last year the cheapest place was zavvi at £17.99 and although not everyone got there game on release at that price who care's really.

So let's have a look around and see who will be cheapest this year

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if it was £5 it would be over priced .. let,s face it ..fm2011 is just fm2010+patch .. but i guess the fan boys will still buy .

they would buy fresh air if you was selling it fm2011 looks a plie off rubbish

How is it? They have already announced 5 new big features and there's more to come so it's hardly just an extra patch.

Well with fm11 approaching thought we should have a thread where we can find the best price for a pre order of the game. Last year the cheapest place was zavvi at £17.99 and although not everyone got there game on release at that price who care's really.

So let's have a look around and see who will be cheapest this year

I'd rather pay more and have it on day of release (or before) myself

The only place that seem to be selling it at the moment are Game, Gamestation and Zavvi.

Id wait for Amazon and Play to release their prices as they are normally quite competitive!

Also, on Gamestation they are advertising the release date to be 29th October 2010! Maybe this will be an aid to fans that are annoyed with the "Before Christmas" :p

I'll be ordering from Amazon as I get free next day delivery.

I recall I had it pre-ordered and on next day delivery one year from Amazon (wasn't last year, FM09 I think) and they managed to screw it up and not get it to me on the day everyone else got theirs (obviously that was a couple of days before the 'proper' release date - this does seem to be the one game that companies think they can send out early), nor on the 'proper day' of release nor for a couple of days after that. By that time I had ordered it again off Play.com, had that copy delivered, so when Amazon finally delivered their copy I returned it straight back to them and have never used them for a computer game since.

£25 is very competitive. I'd pay £35 for a game I love.

Same, aslong as I get it on the release day.. I will happily pay £35. What is £10 more for a game you are going to spend hours on end playing.

Same, aslong as I get it on the release day.. I will happily pay £35. What is £10 more for a game you are going to spend hours on end playing.

I suppose you are right there, even if you paid full price for the game when you break it down how long you play the game against the cost then it is more than worth it.

• 1 month later...
The only place that seem to be selling it at the moment are Game, Gamestation and Zavvi.

Id wait for Amazon and Play to release their prices as they are normally quite competitive!

£26.91 is the pre-order Amazon price. Play have it at £29.99 and are saying the release date is 29th October but thats obviously just a guess on their part.

I've already spent £450 on a new PC - so I don't really care about the price. £30 max will do nicely. Steam it on the day, whatever the price.

For the last few years I've received FM a few days early when I've preordered it from Zavvi and Game. That's the only reason I won't be using Steam.

When might I be able to pre-order on Steam?

I was a steam doubter but got it there last year and it is so simple, easy and no problems.

Shouldn't really need to pre-order on Steam. Just buy it when it's released. It's not as if it needs to be delivered, or that they will run out of copies.

Shouldn't really need to pre-order on Steam. Just buy it when it's released. It's not as if it needs to be delivered, or that they will run out of copies.

Will be any price change between pre-order or buying when its released on steam? I am considering to buy via steam this year.

Can't you download most of the files if you pre-order? Saves you waiting for the download if so.

I can't find any information regarding paypal on zavvi so that's a no go for me. Probably going to go with amazon, if I actually get the game, though I haven't decided on that yet. I never really got into FM10, but the dynamic league reputation in FM11 is tempting me a bit.

http://www.dbgamez.com/football-manager-2011-pc-mac.html?___store=default&___store=default

Cheapest iv found...

£23.50

Anyone ordered from them before?

Might be tempted to just pay the 27p more being as the above post says its good service...

Never bought a hard copy game before from them so I can't advise on delivery times etc. I have bought a few cd keys (mostly for mmo games) and they have been very, very quick with the emailed details. customer service for the one timeI couldn't get the key working was also excellent and responded within 20 minutes of my email.

Hope that helps.

I pre-ordered FM 2011 yesterday off of Play, where they are also giving away a free mini USB Football Manager 2011 mouse, just wondered what experiences people had of ordering from Play before in the past. Am I likely to get it on or before release date?

Where has everyone else pre-ordered from?

£26.91 is the pre-order Amazon price. Play have it at £29.99 and are saying the release date is 29th October but thats obviously just a guess on their part.

Just placed my pre-order with Amazon. The price is now £26.99 which I think is still reasonable. The only problem is that their delivery estimate is 9-11th November :thdn::(

Just placed my pre-order with Amazon. The price is now £26.99 which I think is still reasonable. The only problem is that their delivery estimate is 9-11th November :thdn::(

That's because they are offering it via a company called DBGamez, and I have no idea what their delivery policy is. They are also offering it for £27.91 direct from Amazon, but the advantage of that is you can pay for First Class postage and they say that it will guarantee delivery on the release date of Nov 5th.

I'll still probably get it off play.com though, you don't have to pay for delivery and they've never done badly when i've used them before. Should get it by the 5th at least.

Cant imagine why anyone would want to pre-order, a little investigation in your local area may provide you with a better alternative.

I know a shop near me that every year sells games as soon as they get them in the shop, i.e. at least a day early.

I'm a big COD fan and always get them early, FM will be there at their shop on the Wednesday as that's when they get their deliveries, as soon as it's in, they sell them.

I paid £29.99 last year, I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

Can't wait til the 3rd of November now.

Archived