+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2011 official announcement

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    Freaking hell fm11 is making me cum to this site evety 3 hours to see if there is any new news about the game please someone give us news
    I'm not on site in total of 3 hours per day.

Yes, I am eagerly waiting for more news.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mteeters View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'd like to know if the xml (or dbc) files created with the 2010 editor will be compatible with 2011.
    Eurogamer: "Can we port over editor data or league edit data from FM2010 onto the new game? It would be nice if there were a conversion feature of some kind."

Miles Jacobson: You know what? I haven't tried. So that's a really good question. I will go and ask someone in our test room to try it.

I know there are certain new features that might make that difficult but I doubt it would take that much tweaking. But whether you can load in previous edited stuff into the FM11 editor, I'm not sure.

I will get someone to look at it, and he should ask us that question on the forum once we've spoken about what's changed in the editor this year. By then I'll have an answer for he or she.

Amateur

today, the news are 0 like the other days. SI, let's go!

Semi Pro
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...

Give them a bit of time. If the game is going to be released in late October like normal it's still atleast 2 months before it's released

Banned

They should release the demo now and give us more time to test it instead of 2 weeks before release when the game has gone to print and its too late to do anything.

Part-Timer

hoping regen defenders can actually jump in FM11

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    They should release the demo now and give us more time to test it instead of 2 weeks before release when the game has gone to print and its too late to do anything.
    That's been tried before - it didn't work. I assume that after significantly increasing the size of the beta test team last year, those testers have been retained this year as well or even expanded upon.

Amateur

It would be great if you can make the stats like Goals from Corners, Goals from DFK and IFK available for previous seasons that you played.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    I'm not on site in total of 3 hours per day.

Yes, I am eagerly waiting for more news.
    Errrm i was exajerrating and im not on for 3 hours either mate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bladesman View Post
    That's been tried before - it didn't work. I assume that after significantly increasing the size of the beta test team last year, those testers have been retained this year as well or even expanded upon.
    I know. Its just wishful thinking on my part.

Amateur

Default More feedback and 2 pence!

GIVING ME "WET DREAMS":
    ============================

agents
    - personality is a VERY neat touch
    - would love if a transfer saga could last months and not just days. Think A Cole, C Ronaldo, D Berbatov.
    - is "real time" like an auction?
    - contracts and negotiations well linked to better press speculation (with leaks by agents) and interaction IS REAL EXCITEMENT
    - COMPLEX & DETAILED IS THE KEY; you've won everything once you get the best players!

conversations/interactions
    - I absolutely love this, and i cant stress this enough
    - would be far more immersive than news/inbox
    - agents, board, managers, coaches, players, and even the press!!!
    - relationships... and more relationships... say private team talks perhaps?
    - private conversations are the bomb!

REALLY LIKE:
    ==============

training
    - settling into squad/tactics is a neat option
    - no guess work; can accurately monitor improvements
    - detailed advice from coaches and practical interactions

ME
    - smarter and responsive to human changes
    - corner bugs and the like are non existent

dynamic leagues
    - as long as the maiin focus is corrected on the major leagues; ill NEVER manager outside of them but would change career instead!

INDIFFERENT
    ============

news/inbox - as long as its detailed & customisable

DONT CARE
    ============

graphics - as long as i dont see the wrong thing happening or the right thing not showing

There. Im all done! Who would believe the best game would get better?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    Freaking hell fm11 is making me cum to this site evety 3 hours to see if there is any new news about the game please someone give us news
    That is pretty impressive, but probably more info than most of us would appreciate....

Amateur

you could be right their lol

Amateur

don't u just hate this stage, Im wanting to start a new FM10 but I dont see the point as FM11 will be out in 2months!
    cant wait for FM11, it seems to be the best one in recent years.

Amateur

what is new in the editor? is there a possibility to create nations? please tell me you've put that in

and is it possible to load editor files made for FM10 into FM11

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rupertj View Post
    The one thing I'm still waiting for is an intensive youth academy setup, that begins with 10-12 year-olds - otherwise something like the current Barcelona and Arsenal sides could never exist.
    Legal issues - SI aren't allowed to put U-16's into the game. Could someone else clear up the Germany team for me - didn't it used to be "Jens Mustermann" who stopped the team being put in?

Amateur

Miles, If you buy the FM2011 boxed game, will you be able to get access to achievements? Or can you add your box game to your steam account and get access to the achievements that way?

Thank you very much!!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stegger View Post
    Miles, If you buy the FM2011 boxed game, will you be able to get access to achievements? Or can you add your box game to your steam account and get access to the achievements that way?

Thank you very much!!
    If you get the box game and install through steam you'll have achievements.

Amateur

I'm totally excited by the new features, especially the dynamic rep one, but I really really hope there's going to be a trophy room too.

Amateur

Will we be able to display a pop up menu even though another pop up menu is already displayed? Like it used to work in older FM version? I hope someone understands what im talking about

Just to clarify. You right click on a player name and options appear. Will we be able to right click on another player without first left clicking somewhere to close the currently displayed pop up? This has really been annoying me for the last few years.

Amateur

I think I would like to know if there will be a new views to the pitch camera to see more angels,it could be awesome.

Amateur

So is prize money dynamic with league rep?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Masterstroke View Post
    So is prize money dynamic with league rep?
    I think so,yes.but only in certain leagues,not at all the leagues as Miles mentioned there are some license issues. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest166 View Post
    I think so,yes.but only in certain leagues,not at all the leagues as Miles mentioned there are some license issues. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    You are right, but Miles also told that they are trying to see whether they could implement the dynamic money prizes in every league.

Amateur

Forgive me for not reading the thread

Banned

I dont think it will happen in this version but maybe FM12. I hope they can incorporate a tab system to the game like an internet browser so when im looking at players, I can have them open in tabs rather than keeping having to go back and select another player one by one.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    I dont think it will happen in this version but maybe FM12. I hope they can incorporate a tab system to the game like an internet browser so when im looking at players, I can have them open in tabs rather than keeping having to go back and select another player one by one.
    I agree that would be very handy. Well said

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Legal issues - SI aren't allowed to put U-16's into the game.
    They could actually, they were advised not to rather then told not to. IIRC.

Semi Pro

Very pleasing news with the agents involvement in the game , the training being improved is a major plus points as to developing youngsters ...

I personally cant wait ...

I like the 3D gameplay improvements also ..... Worth the wait im sure

Player interactions is interesting because you can have private conversations with a player .... Tapping up .. lol Very realistic

Keep up the excellent work SI

Amateur

Generally I'm not excited with the announced features.. I was expecting a complete revolution to Youth System, Like Dynamic Potential Ability.. And I'm frustrated that although i always invest in youth and wait for seaons and can't see any future stars from my youth setup.. Even all i found from other teams was only 7-8 players that can replace Drogba, Gerrard, Puyol, Villa type world class players.. May people criticise me for expecting too much, but i wanted share that i found current youth and regen system fairly unrealistic, and lacks excitement for long lasting games.. I think this game needs more Dynmasym generally so that it would be harder for some unsatisfied players like me to get bored..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Legal issues - SI aren't allowed to put U-16's into the game. Could someone else clear up the Germany team for me - didn't it used to be "Jens Mustermann" who stopped the team being put in?
    Why not or do you mean real names? If that is the case, just use fake ones. Other games have youth academies...

Reserves

Suerly dynamic potential would defeat the point of potential?

Dynamic league reputation! YEAH!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ViG1980 View Post
    Why not or do you mean real names? If that is the case, just use fake ones. Other games have youth academies...
    I may be wrong since someone above said they were advised rather than told, but I thought it was something to do with U-16's being classed as children still. It might be something as simple as stopping your academy from being clogged up with 100 players.

Amateur

Red face

Being a bit dim here, I need to ask...................What exactly is "dynamic league reputation" and what will it mean in terms of palying the game?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloTD1 View Post
    Being a bit dim here, I need to ask...................What exactly is "dynamic league reputation" and what will it mean in terms of palying the game?
    Taken from PC Gamer, Miles describes it:

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobsen
    Dynamic league representation is one for the hardcore users. This is for people who play really long career games inside the game because at the moment, if you start in the Turkish league, you could win the European Cup with Galatasaray and the reputation of the league wouldn’t go up. Your club reputation would, but it would get to the point where players wouldn’t join your club even if you’re winning the Champions League because the Turkish league reputation was lower than the standard they wanted to play in. If you look back at football in the last 30 or 40 years you’ve had some leagues where they’ve dropped down: there was a Hungarian team that used to dominate in Europe. Now you’re seeing places like Russia, Ukraine, leagues in the middle east and the MLS in America where the reputation is going up so that they now can attract the best players. Because FM previously was static, it would recognise which leagues were improving year on year by research, so at the start of the game the world picture would be the same, but we weren’t showing the world picture changing over time and that’s what we’re able to do now with dynamic league representation.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerman84 View Post
    Generally I'm not excited with the announced features.. I was expecting a complete revolution to Youth System, Like Dynamic Potential Ability.. And I'm frustrated that although i always invest in youth and wait for seaons and can't see any future stars from my youth setup.. Even all i found from other teams was only 7-8 players that can replace Drogba, Gerrard, Puyol, Villa type world class players.. May people criticise me for expecting too much, but i wanted share that i found current youth and regen system fairly unrealistic, and lacks excitement for long lasting games.. I think this game needs more Dynmasym generally so that it would be harder for some unsatisfied players like me to get bored..
    I'm excited about the dynamic rep, but I agree that the later years of the game lack some talent that can be found at the beginning of the game. I remember seeing good players, not great, holding down first team places at clubs like AC Milan and Liverpool. They should increase the percent of a wonderkid popping up in the world.

Semi Pro

So contract are real time, like we are sitting across a table. So I guess the player will accept and reject then n there.
    Then what will happen if there are multiple teams offering contracts??

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    So contract are real time, like we are sitting across a table. So I guess the player will accept and reject then n there.
    Then what will happen if there are multiple teams offering contracts??
    Watch the youtube video. The player may come back for more negotiations, or just ignore you and go for another team.

Semi Pro

Right. I watched it but without sound, so didn't know that.
    Thanks.

Amateur
    London - pls pm me to play FM09.3 online :)

Good news :

- DLR (regarding dynamic revenues come on lads, it is easy to make a trade business with players and become a rich enough club)
    - News gathered back (I strongly wished that somewhere here on the board)

Bad news :

- The UI, still on 2010-like, while 2009 was far much better (Continue button still on the top right hand side while you never need to go there, still so many pages to go on a player profile, while in 2009 all or almost was gathered and in a much more practical and logical way, and I guess too many avoidable mouse "clics", mouse "moves" and pages to see still there - at least in comparison with 2009, even though there had been some improvements on some of this area and a real effort to improve it, well at least in goal, not that much in effective, between 2009 and 2010)
    - I hope the other features to be announced will include some as big as DLR one, ie we haven't heard the best already, otherwise lots a big features will still be missed (on the UI mainly for my top concern, but also a better AI in both coaching and, mostly, in managing, and finally on the regen sector - hope to find new Messi and a generally as good quality as in 2009 - haven't tried 2010 much though so can not compare the evolution)

All the other new stuff look fine, good and very appreciable bonus. Can't wait. Hope to see the release in mid October and no later than end October anyway. Thanks Miles and your staff for everything and good to see your face :-).

++
    Last edited by vinsinaty; 18-08-2010 at 19:26.

Amateur

I have one request, the same requst i've had since CM3... free placement on the tactics screen. It's not too hard to ask for. Tinkering with sliding bars and instructions just doesn't cut my mustard.

A modern day back 3, front 3, or staggered midfield are simply unachievable on the current tactics screen. I cite the proper role of a roaming midfield playmaker, a true centre forward and wing forwards.

Before i get a witty response telling me you can, the context is that their general positionings are not in the given lines on the tactics screen.
    Last edited by scottyj17; 18-08-2010 at 20:02.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by scottyj17 View Post
    I have one request, the same requst i've had since CM3... free placement on the tactics screen. It's not too hard to ask for. Tinkering with sliding bars and instructions just doesn't cut my mustard.

A modern day back 3, front 3, or staggered midfield are simply unachievable on the current tactics screen. I cite the proper role of a roaming midfield playmaker, a true centre forward and wing forwards.

Before i get a witty response telling me you can, the context is that their general positionings are not in the given lines on the tactics screen.
    Brick wall to be honest, mate. They removed free placement for a reason so I can't see them going back. Having said that I didn't think they would 'go back' with training but they seem to have done so to a certain extent, so what the hell do I know

Amateur

I have a question about the dynamic league reputation, will it apply to every league or will some leagues be held back depending on what continent they're in? For example if I was to play an oceanic league and win the world club cup, would the strength of Oceania overall improve, and would my club and league be able to become as strong as the top european teams?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by isuckatfm View Post
    Brick wall to be honest, mate. They removed free placement for a reason so I can't see them going back. Having said that I didn't think they would 'go back' with training but they seem to have done so to a certain extent, so what the hell do I know
    But if they were to work in tandem, it would be the perfect solution. If you freely place a player, then define him a structured position ie. the Barca style front 3 has Wing Forwards, but in England we'd call them wingers, then you could establish the playing style - inside forward - messi, striker - villa at world cup, winger - nani etc.

It would bring the tactics to the cusp on perfection.

Amateur

Sorry If this is a daft question, but in FM11 if I take a small club to the top leagues, and then leave for someone like ManU, then will I still go on the disliked people for the old club? If that makes sense.

Amateur

Default Training

Miles,

Since the training has been re-done and will have quite a few new features will there be a detailed guide/explanation on how to use the new training module? I ask because the game manual in recent versions have been pretty slim with information-with a few exceptions- so if not in the manual will there be an online guide of sorts to walk us through getting the most out of the new training feature?

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Although improvements to the game manual are always welcome, I'm sure it won't take long for some pretty detailed "guides" to appear in the Tactics & Training Tips Forum.

We have a few training "gurus" in there, who I'm sure are chomping at the bit to have at the new module, so I think they'll soon have advice ready for those who are unsure.

Does look like a very good step in the right direction though. Anything that simplifies the training process, with a better UI and helps things be a bit more self-explanatory, is always a good thing.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.360 View Post
    This is going to be the best FM ever...for sure

Not forever, cause i expect 2012 to beat 2011!
    Anyways, nice video Miles!

Part-Timer

* Dynamic League Reputation™ sounds interesting, and apparently being three years "in the making", I'm sure it'll provide some goodness for players who play long-term games. However, Miles tends to make it sound as if a) the success of a single club would suddenly give a huge boost to a whole lot of other clubs simply because they are competing in the same competition or rather country - an accomodation made for what is largely being used as a single player game? Didn't happen when Belgrade, Porto or Marseille won the CL. And b) it would be all success on the pitch that would be the single most important factor. Granted, to an extent, it still is of course - you don't see a whole lot of big guns changing to clubs that don't compete on the biggest of stages. However, with Man City or really the Premier League in general being right out of their front door, SI do know about the importance of neverending pockets. Just this season Schalke's Kevin Kuranyi went to mid-table Russian Premier League club Dynamo Moscow, and this despite the fact that he had the prospect of playing CL football with Schalke as well as featuring in a more prolific league and in arguably a more prolific club - a three season deal granting him 18 million Euro in total has proven too much to resist.

Similarly, but much more prominently, Beckham's move to Galaxy wasn't quite as romantic as Miles makes it sound on IGN.

In terms of financial modelling FM still has some way to go anyways - different money laws in different leagues as well as different tax rates of countries, private ownership rules, etc. all play a big part in things. Not all of those are properly incorporated into FM - to an extent each league in FM is the English Premier league with a different coating. Transfer sums tend to be inflated, clubs out of the Prem and England sometimes spend money they'd never spend in real life, etc. Now this all must be tough to implement, and you might be asking where to stop? Aren't tax rates dynamic themselves? Registration laws? Financial climates in general? The fall of the Lex Beckham in Spain or the change in tax in England is surely felt by the corresponding clubs - that is, those that have to worry about their balance in some way or other. Anyway: FM might be a simulation of football, but obviously it's never going to be perfect. But I still think there's room for improvement, and Dynamic League Reputation™ has to take into account that whilst the sports may be played very much on the pitch, there are things going on off the pitch as well.
    Last edited by Svenc; 19-08-2010 at 04:29.

Amateur

Despite how Miles may have worded it I doubt that dynamic league reputation in the game will actually go up or down based on one club's fortunes. Just as in real life it will more than likely require two or more clubs CONSISTENTLY performing well on the international stage.

Which brings up a question: for a league's reputation to improve in FM11 do clubs from that league need to actually win it all or can they simply be among the last two or four year in and year out? Say for example 2 or 3 different Portuguese clubs reached the semi-final of the Champions League 6 out of the last 10 years but were champions only once. Would that increase the Portuguese league's reputation-as it would in real life- or in the game would they need to actually win the competition all those times?

As an extention: do different international competitions carry more weight in determining a league's changing reputation? For example, does winning the Champions league 3 times increase a league's reputation more than winning the UEFA Europa cup 6 times? Same for the Libertadores vs Sudamericana.
    Last edited by Galo; 19-08-2010 at 05:30.

Part-Timer
    Here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know

I'm pretty sure just performing well in a competition will increase league rep. Performing well is relative of course, for a Welsh team you'd say that reaching the group stage of either competition would be a great performance.

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Any chance of the English Leagues including the tier below Blue Square North & South "out of the box" this year? (It's only 3 Leagues I think), I really dont want to be faffing about setting up those leagues with the editor.

Also, Staff members who have good relationships with former clubs (maybe where they previously worked or played as players) should, I think, have enhanced knowledge of those clubs through their "contacts". This would mean that all those lower rep scouts with their samey knowledge of particular countries would be spiced up by having a dynamic knowledge of one or two specific clubs. eg If Claus Jorgenson were signed as a scout for a Scandinavian club he would come with detailed, though not comprehensive, knowledge of Bournemouth & Bradford's playing staff.

Third Team

Will the new Reserves League system in England be implemented?

Part-Timer
    Here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    Any chance of the English Leagues including the tier below Blue Square North & South "out of the box" this year? (It's only 3 Leagues I think), I really dont want to be faffing about setting up those leagues with the editor.
    I think they've said before that it's too much research to be done accurately and would only cater for a very small section of customers, so it's unlikely to be included.

Amateur

It would also be much better if we had A Detailed Training Feedback System.. For ex i want to see who's striving more to be lined up at the first 11.. The greeen arrows, or morale neither general attributes is not enough for deciding who will play for the next match.. We should be able to see whos working harder, whos not, who's just relying on his reputation, who's showing signs of performance explosion would help managers deciding who'll play.. It would especially work best if you have 2 similar Midfielders but cant decide who deserves to play.. Also it would make sense when the player is unhappy about not being selected for regular first team, and your reply " prove that you deserve to play regular!!" With detailed feedback system we would watchout those players how they perform in training..
    I really dont want to confine with seing my striker's green arrow, my asistant saying my 18 year old GK trained well that month. I wouldn't select my youth GK for the comin match just for that, maybe i would if i knew how many shots he saved that week, and how my reserve stirker strived to find the net forcing me to replace my first choice..

Amateur

one question I woulld really love to know is that when you dont enter a young home grown player in you 25 man sqaud will you be able to give them a shirt number in 2011 because I recall in 2010 you could not so I had jack wilshere plying with no shirt number which really really annoyed me.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by gumszy View Post
    one question I woulld really love to know is that when you dont enter a young home grown player in you 25 man sqaud will you be able to give them a shirt number in 2011 because I recall in 2010 you could not so I had jack wilshere plying with no shirt number which really really annoyed me.
    I think it will be sorted out for FM11.

First Team Squad Member

I take it that we will be stuck with agents even in the depths of Non-League?

Will semi-pro players send their agents to negotiate an extra fiver a week?

Is there going to be any way of turning them off?

Part-Timer

crouchaldinho:

Its highly unlikely.. SI usually dont give options on features like this.. IMO its a fantastic feature!

Banned

I definitely agree with Tinkerman84 about training feedback, feedback from backroom staff is really really lame at the moment imo.

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by jld123 View Post
    I think they've said before that it's too much research to be done accurately and would only cater for a very small section of customers, so it's unlikely to be included.
    I think you are right in that it wont happen but I disagree regarding how many would be interested - LLM is so popular nowadays. To me those extra 3 leagues would be a very important branch down the pyramid. More important to the consumer than the Nepal Premier League!

Amateur

So every week a new feature list? like previous years?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    I take it that we will be stuck with agents even in the depths of Non-League?

Will semi-pro players send their agents to negotiate an extra fiver a week?

Is there going to be any way of turning them off?
    Miles has said that some players choose not to have agents, so I assume most non-league player won't have agents.

Part-Timer

can we get a list of leagues that wont get the extra money from the dynamic reputaion system?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe seddon View Post
    Miles has said that some players choose not to have agents, so I assume most non-league player won't have agents.
    That sounds good if it's true.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Liniert View Post
    can we get a list of leagues that wont get the extra money from the dynamic reputaion system?
    No, for lawyerese reasons.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Galo View Post
    Despite how Miles may have worded it I doubt that dynamic league reputation in the game will actually go up or down based on one club's fortunes. Just as in real life it will more than likely require two or more clubs CONSISTENTLY performing well on the international stage.

Which brings up a question: for a league's reputation to improve in FM11 do clubs from that league need to actually win it all or can they simply be among the last two or four year in and year out? Say for example 2 or 3 different Portuguese clubs reached the semi-final of the Champions League 6 out of the last 10 years but were champions only once. Would that increase the Portuguese league's reputation-as it would in real life- or in the game would they need to actually win the competition all those times?

As an extention: do different international competitions carry more weight in determining a league's changing reputation? For example, does winning the Champions league 3 times increase a league's reputation more than winning the UEFA Europa cup 6 times? Same for the Libertadores vs Sudamericana.
    I think it will depend more on coeficienties then how far a club gets. If you take one club from Bulgaria and win the Champions League, Bulgarian coeficienties will go up which also means their league rep will go up. If they make it to the round of 16, their coeficienties will still go up but just less, meaning their rep will go up less. I hope I'm right.

Amateur

Well since its based on licensing issues, I would assume these are the Portuguese leagues, Belgien, Scottish, Dutch and any other licensed leagues in the game.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Salzburg18 View Post
    Well since its based on licensing issues, I would assume these are the Portuguese leagues, Belgien, Scottish, Dutch and any other licensed leagues in the game.
    I think it would be licensed big leagues. I don't think a small league will mind, as they can only improve in the game.

Amateur

Do we know if agents will offer us players from other clubs ala real life? I'd love to see this in game, i'm pretty sure it was in a previous game.

It'd be also cool if we could "tap" players up to sound them out about joining before we actually approach the club.

Part-Timer

I think it will depend more on coeficienties then how far a club gets. If you take one club from Bulgaria and win the Champions League, Bulgarian coeficienties will go up which also means their league rep will go up. If they make it to the round of 16, their coeficienties will still go up but just less, meaning their rep will go up less. I hope I'm right.
    I've just listened a bit to what must be the first ever FM podcast that made it on my disc. Here Miles wasn't talking about the feature as he was in the previews, but expanded a bit on that. It's not so much a case of a single club doing well apparently, but also clubs around it doing well too. My point about money in football still stands though. Naturally, for higher profile leagues (and clubs) it is easier to attract top talent - that is, they don't have to offer insane amounts of money (see Beckham-Galaxy or any Dubai deal) to get them there. However, the playing field is hugely different from the get-go, and I'm not even talking TV revenue or sponsorship deals here. La Liga were almost given a wild card with the Lex Beckham, for instance, and anybody believing that so many premium players moved there simply because La Liga is that class must believe in Santa too.

Then there's also very much a cultural thing going on - players from Brazil moving to the Norwegian Tippeligaen ? Sure, why not - though it's always going to be the odd choice against all the others. Similarily, there are cultural as well as language reasons why there are so many players from South America playing in Portugal, Spain, etc. or players from Switzerland, Netherlands and Austria in Germany. As for players being attracted to a club (or not) in general, it's still a case by case basis, which is one of the reason why trying to simulate that in a game is so difficult. No amount of different "player personality models" will make up for that, however, as in FM's case, it can surely refine simulating transfer behavior. Haven't heard talking the lads of SI much about any of these, so I can only assume that it's not going to be THAT refined just yet. However, strictly speaking, this doesn't belong to the topic of league reputation.
    Last edited by Svenc; 19-08-2010 at 17:00.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by R0ca View Post
    Do we know if agents will offer us players from other clubs ala real life? I'd love to see this in game, i'm pretty sure it was in a previous game.
    Miles said it was actually still in the game. Haven't seen it myself for some years though.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    Miles said it was actually still in the game. Haven't seen it myself for some years though.
    I've had other clubs offer me lame players they don't want, but i've never had the agent of a player come to me offerring any players.

Amateur

Sorry about this guys. This person has no affiliation to FMC and is impersonating one of our staff.

Part-Timer

They should increase the percent of a wonderkid popping up in the world.
    See, I'd argue the opposite. I'm managing in 2021 at the moment, and there is a ridiculously large number of extremely talented 18-22 year-old regens in the world.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by crafty bison View Post
    See, I'd argue the opposite. I'm managing in 2021 at the moment, and there is a ridiculously large number of extremely talented 18-22 year-old regens in the world.
    Maybe what happened to me was just a coincidence.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Svenc View Post
    I've just listened a bit to what must be the first ever FM podcast that made it on my disc. Here Miles wasn't talking about the feature as he was in the previews, but expanded a bit on that. It's not so much a case of a single club doing well apparently, but also clubs around it doing well too. My point about money in football still stands though. Naturally, for higher profile leagues (and clubs) it is easier to attract top talent - that is, they don't have to offer insane amounts of money (see Beckham-Galaxy or any Dubai deal) to get them there. However, the playing field is hugely different from the get-go, and I'm not even talking TV revenue or sponsorship deals here. La Liga were almost given a wild card with the Lex Beckham, for instance, and anybody believing that so many premium players moved there simply because La Liga is that class must believe in Santa too.
    So what you're saying is all of the nations clubs in the EU competition will need to do well? What would be considered well? I mean, clubs from Bulgaria wouldn't need to get to the semi finals to have their league rep improve. Simply getting all of their clubs into the round of 16 would be a huge success. That success, although small on a European scale, would be tremendeous for Bulgarian football.

Amateur

The worst part about this though is we'll get to see this infomation when the game is released. It's not something that should be protected under Data Protection Acts etc and the info should just be released

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez01979 View Post

The worst part about this though is we'll get to see this infomation when the game is released. It's not something that should be protected under Data Protection Acts etc and the info should just be released
    No. You cant see it yet because they are still working behind the scenes with lawyers to see which leagues they can and cant change prize money for. They cant put up a list now of all the leagues that THEY want to have dynamic prize money when buy the time the game is released, lawyers have put a block on some of them. When SI know which leagues they are allowed to touch, we will know.

Part-Timer

is it going to have the all time statistics like, assist , goals, red cards etc cause that would make long-term games more fun cause i can have a goal to work towards

Amateur

superb..
    i havent bought an fm game since 2008
    now i have a new pc, will look forward to this.

Amateur

I think it would be cool if we had the oportunity to build up relationships with the agents ( either good or bad) If they could recognise managers from previous transfers they would know which ones are their permanent customers or not.. Besides their recognition of managers and offering players to them, managers should also be able to contact the agents they know and trust.. then would say " I need A tough ball winning midfielder, would you advice me any of your clients?" the rest of the story is predictable i suppose..

Lurker

hi..

I'm new here but old fm player. My question is : Will croatian (or serbian or bosnian) language be in FM2011?

thank you
    Last edited by 13deno; 20-08-2010 at 08:34.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by 13deno View Post
    hi..

I'm new here but old fm player. My question is : Will croatian (or serbian or bosnian) language be in FM2011?

thank you
    No, it won't.

Lurker

when they are going to release it ?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by espanyool View Post
    when they are going to release it ?
    Before Christmas.

Amateur

It's like I'm watching a guy playing LMA Manager...

Amateur

I hope the regens have facial hair this year. Would be great to see a player with a power mootache.

BOO YAH!

Amateur

I wonder if the new training will bring back the defensive shape option. Not sure how many people remember it but i used to love the fact that you could choose and area of the pitch where the ball is and you could choose your players positions.

I think that's a realistic training drill and it was removed when the new tactics screen came in if i remember.

I'm not sure that defensive shape training is represented brilliantly in FM10 and i'm hoping that might be something that is brought back in the new training.

Also not sure if this is possible, but i'd like to start as a youth team manager or even England U19/U21's from the start. Is that possible?

Semi Pro

Question

So are the same leagues and nations that were in FM 2010 be in FM 2011? I thought FM 2011 will expand the English league to level 7? Anyone knows?

Semi Pro

All the leagues that were in FM10 will be in FM11. As for new leagues, we do not know yet. The 7th sector of English football will probably not be included as it would take a lot of researchers to make it happen.

Semi Pro

They are included if you use the league editor - and there are loads of 3rd party downloads (and very good ones) with which you can take it as low as level 10 if you so wish

Third Team

I'd love to know if the new Reserve League system will be implemented? http://www.premierleague.com/page/He...092258,00.html

And also, are we going to have an option the choose real-time fixture for leagues where it's available?

Amateur

Out of intreest i have recently started to get interested in adding facepacks and logo packs to my FM10 game, will the packs be transferrable to FM11?

Amateur

so, Miles has said on Twitter that for 2 weeks there aren't FM2011 news. so in the first 10 days of September, will be new announcements. i hope for release date.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Out of intreest i have recently started to get interested in adding facepacks and logo packs to my FM10 game, will the packs be transferrable to FM11?
    Yes most will work on FM, some wont though as some players (not very many) have been deleted and then put back into the game for various reasons.

Ely-matty

Thanks for telling us.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    I'd love to know if the new Reserve League system will be implemented? http://www.premierleague.com/page/He...092258,00.html
    Don't see why they wouldn't have it in their, unless the EPL have only just decided and its too late. However I doubt even the EPL are that incompetent that they would only just decide this now, chances are it was decided last season.

Amateur

One thing i would like to see (and sorry if it has been discussed already) is job interviews. An example being you apply for the Manchester United job and the Chairman calls you in for an interview before deciding who he will choose to take the club forward. In football manager currently it seems that the manager reputation is the only thing that is considered and while that is realistic, other factors are also taken into consideration also.

I am loving the new features though and would like to thank Miles Jacobson and the team for their continued hard work that is put into this very addicting fantastic football gaming series.

Semi Pro

Yes I like the idea above. I think you should apply in the normal way, wait for the reply and then they can either reject you there and then, offer you to go into contract negoiations or they can offer you an interview.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast