+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2011 official announcement

Amateur

Wow Miles.

I hope you are looking forward to the late nights that will be approaching before launch this year.

I doff my cap to you Sir, you've surpassed yourselves with those additions. If it works half as well as it looks [and I have no reason on previous form to think otherwise] then it'll be awesome.

So far I've clocke up 460 hours on FM10 compared to 160 on FM09. Perhaps I'll break the 1000 hours on FM11 - not bad for £30!

Amateur

Looking forward to it, liking some of the new features and cannot wait for it to come out.

I received an E-mail from Sortitoutsi with a list of price comparison prices for the new game:
    The Hut £24.93
    Asda £27.91
    Games 4u £27.95
    Click a game £27.95
    Zavvi - £27.95
    Send it £27.98
    Play.com £29.99
    Game £29.99
    Gamestation £29.99

Amateur

plz anyone tell me is manager salary could do somthing with it in the game (FM11) ?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by blala View Post
    plz anyone tell me is manager salary could do somthing with it in the game (FM11) ?
    If you're asking whether we can spend our wages on cars and houses, I highly doubt it.

Reserves

Well, changing contract negociations with agents and player interaction could take a bit of getting used to, but a potentially massive change, which also makes it critical to do right. Also I might actually start bothering with training now. I imagine I was one of those who were delighted at the dymanic league rep announcement, and glad you decided to wait until you were sure about doing it. Plenty of potential in this version, that's for sure.

Amateur

I just fear that all the player and board interaction will feel a bit robotic. Judging by the screenshots, it doesn't look like they have much personality. But it's early days still.

I just hope it doesn't become like press conferences where I already know which answers to press without even looking at the questions.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    You will see them go up and down in rep. You won't see TV/prize money change in those leagues though.
    What if the clubs in those leagues have individual tv deals? Those can change I suppose?

Amateur

Default What is dynamic League reputation

What is dynamic League reputation???

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Sharp View Post
    You can read this thread, do a search, or find the thread discussing it on the first page, mate.

Reserves

Reputations of various leagues can fluctuate when it used to be static. For example, the Eredivisie can one day be better than the Premier League in FM11 while as in FM10 the league reputations would remain the same.

Third Team

Read this http://www.totalvideogames.com/Footb...ure-15537.html Q&A with Miles Jacobsen about FM11, he explains Dynamic League Reputation on the second page.
    Last edited by Fabio MVP; 12-08-2010 at 14:00. Reason: Added link.

Amateur

Thanks Fabio you are helpful

Hi Miles could i ask you if you know if there will be the Arsenal version even this year?
    Cheers Marco

Amateur

Isn't there an Arsenal version every year? You start a game and click Arsenal. What am I missing?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield Sunday View Post
    Isn't there an Arsenal version every year? You start a game and click Arsenal. What am I missing?
    He means the special Arsenal edition of FM, it's fully skinned with Arsenal colours and club crest, Arsenal player photos etc, which can already be downloaded from the community anyway.

http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/invt/a3391&bklist=

Amateur

Ah, ok thanks for clearing that up.

Should be easy enough for someone to skin I would have thought.

Third Team

Thanks Fabio you are helpful
    No problem, I just added link for you to read Q&A.

Amateur

Well SI for me FM is the only game in PC that i buy every year, and with this new addions the game is every day better so thanks Si for this great series........

Cheers from Venezuela...

BTW: Miles im thinking about getting the Jose, Alex and me shirt it looks great...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Swindon69 View Post
    Speech bubble on contract negotiations looks pretty naff.
    Yeah i cringed when i saw that. Looks awful.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    Is there dynamic rivarly aswell?
    Yeah i'd like to know this. In FM10 i've been in the Prem 7 years with Oxford yet my rivals are league 1 and 2 sides that i haven't played for years.

Youth Team

Looks very cool! I'm glad training is being improved as it was always one of my least favorite parts of the game and has always been a very cryptic interface for me.

Can we please get some higher-resolution screenshots? I honestly can't read the text on most of these, and I'm not THAT old!

Quote Originally Posted by ashp View Post
    Looks amazing, can't wait to place my pre-order! One question: now steam is on the mac and the pc, if I buy the game on steam can I play on either? If I can then I will be eternally grateful!
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDani View Post
    I do have a few questions about the agents though: do they work like their real life counterparts where they're in most cases part of a larger agency company and thus part of a network and a whole pool of professional atlethes that have signed with them? Or are they singular persons whose only connection to the game is the player they represent? Furthermore, can the player interact with agents beyond the current contract talks? Will the agents profile be viewable or is he like the chairman and other board members merely an unclickable name in the game? And one last question: will agents, representing their clients, take initiative and contact the club first or will they only react to the player's actions?
    The agents work individually, but represent multiple players. You can see their profiles, although whether it can stay like this for the final game isn't certain yet - we are hoping that as they are not real agents, it should be OK.

Amateur

Yes.

The agents work individually, but represent multiple players. You can see their profiles, although whether it can stay like this for the final game isn't certain yet - we are hoping that as they are not real agents, it should be OK.
    hrmmm, why is "Last edited by Neil Brock; 11-08-2010 at 11:16. " editing Miles Jacobsons messages? I sense a deep ploy....

Reserves

Damn lawyers, eh? Not to mention the creeps who employ them.

Will the agents have different personalities too btw? For example some claim the player wants more than he actually does, and possibly vice versa?

Amateur
    Malmö. We gave the world Zlatan! (You're welcome =)

Default Thank You SI!!!

For dynamic league rep...!! Like Mile's said, waiting for about 20 years for it So again, THANK YOU! Game just got perfect for me...

Amateur

spoiler:
    will it be possible to delete some files and get dynamic prize money in licensed countries?

Part-Timer

You've been waiting 20 years for it? You're only 24! lol

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest166 View Post
    I'd like to ask a very important question since it's the basis of the game:
    The offside rule must be as in real life.In today's game,when the ball is getting forward and my player is in an offside position but never touches the ball,the refferre calls for an offside and it's wrong.
    The new offside rule says that only when the offside player actually touches the ball,then the reffere will call for an offside,and right now when this rule isn't implement well in the game,it has a sort of an unrealistic aspect of the game.
    My question is:Has there been any work on the offside rules ? will there be some new tweaks to the offside rule ?
    Thanks.
    Could I have an official statemant about it please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Borghesi View Post
    Hi Miles could i ask you if you know if there will be the Arsenal version even this year?
    Cheers Marco
    We're talking at the moment (literally). I hope so, but it's not confirmed yet. We're talking to at least one other club too.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty Bombscare View Post
    When will 11.3 patch be out? :P
    March.

Amateur

i dont now is this question been before
    can we play created leagues for 2010 on 2011?

Part-Timer

Could I have an official statemant about it please ?
    I suggest you read the laws of the game, the rule used in FM10 is almost correct, just needs some work on deciding whether players are interfering with play

Third Team

I'd like to ask a very important question since it's the basis of the game:
    The offside rule must be as in real life.In today's game,when the ball is getting forward and my player is in an offside position but never touches the ball,the refferre calls for an offside and it's wrong.
    The new offside rule says that only when the offside player actually touches the ball,then the reffere will call for an offside,and right now when this rule isn't implement well in the game,it has a sort of an unrealistic aspect of the game.
    My question is:Has there been any work on the offside rules ? will there be some new tweaks to the offside rule ?
    Thanks.
    Actually you're undertstanding of the offside law is wrong, players don't have to touch the ball, just be interfering with play.
    So my question to you, will there be tweaks to your knowledge?
    Thanks

EDIT: beaten by joetheref

Reserves

A couple of things are incorrect though. So frustrating to see a guy in the central being blown for offside when the ball is getting played out to a flank (after a headed out corner for example). Or when a guy on the flank is called for offside when the ball is hit centrally (again, after a defended corner for example).

Sometimes I do see players in offside who are not called, so it does work some of the time.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    A couple of things are incorrect though. So frustrating to see a guy in the central being blown for offside when the ball is getting played out to a flank (after a headed out corner for example). Or when a guy on the flank is called for offside when the ball is hit centrally (again, after a defended corner for example).

Sometimes I do see players in offside who are not called, so it does work some of the time.
    As joetheref mentioned, it just needs some work on deciding who is interfering or not.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    Actually you're undertstanding of the offside law is wrong, players don't have to touch the ball, just be interfering with play.
    So my question to you, will there be tweaks to your knowledge?
    Thanks

EDIT: beaten by joetheref
    You're not interfering with play unless you touch the ball. You can also be flagged offside for interfering with an opponent, or gaining an advantage. Gaining an advantage also necessitates touching the ball. There are a small number of exceptions- if a player is clearly offside, one on one, with no other attacker near the ball, he will be flagged offside straight away so he doesn't endanger the goalkeeper.

Youth Team

Will known expansions of leagues be included or not ? Specifically I'm thinking about the MLS, which has stated it will expand to 20 teams by 2012, with teams being added in Seattle (2009), Philedelphia (2010), Portland and Vancouver in 2011 and Montreal in 2012, with one more as yet unconfirmed team, thought to be a reformed New York Cosmos, also joining in 2012. It would be a challenge to take a newly formed team to success.

Reserves

miles please tell me that with the plans for the arsenal version they won't become unbeatable like they did in 09 from an AI perspective

we aren't all arsenal fans

Amateur

common jacob ,I really want to see Penalty clause for the manager who want to leave the club to go to a new club and this Penalty clause will be in the contract between manager and club ,,this part will make managers thinks carefully before leave the club as in real life !

Amateur

Fairly sure I haven't seen it come up. About the dynamic league reputation, is it unlimited as expected or will countries have certain limits which could see, Ireland limited due to small population or greece due to having no money.

Amateur

Will we be able to have agents as well??

Quote Originally Posted by andrebruun View Post
    hrmmm, why is "Last edited by Neil Brock; 11-08-2010 at 11:16. " editing Miles Jacobsons messages? I sense a deep ploy....
    I expect it's a case of me cocking up with some formatting, or quoting, and Neil tidying it up for me, which is nice of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Will the agents have different personalities too btw? For example some claim the player wants more than he actually does, and possibly vice versa?
    Yes.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DF#1 View Post
    Fairly sure I haven't seen it come up. About the dynamic league reputation, is it unlimited as expected or will countries have certain limits which could see, Ireland limited due to small population or greece due to having no money.
    dont greece buy players, certain clubs buys players dont equal country economic with clubs

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    You're not interfering with play unless you touch the ball. You can also be flagged offside for interfering with an opponent, or gaining an advantage. Gaining an advantage also necessitates touching the ball. There are a small number of exceptions- if a player is clearly offside, one on one, with no other attacker near the ball, he will be flagged offside straight away so he doesn't endanger the goalkeeper.
    There is plenty of ways to interfere with the game without touching the ball. Easy things as: standing in the way of an opponent, obscure the sight for the goalkeeper, appear to be running to the ball, let the ball pass by very close to you etc etc. These will (or should) all be called for offside.

Amateur

Please get a Newcastle United version sorted! I'm sure there are lots of people who'd go for it!

But anyways, looks like a great new game!

Third Team

SCIAG, not often I'll disagree with you, but this has to be one of them, as the man below says:

Quote Originally Posted by Dusse View Post
    There is plenty of ways to interfere with the game without touching the ball. Easy things as: standing in the way of an opponent, obscure the sight for the goalkeeper, appear to be running to the ball, let the ball pass by very close to you etc etc. These will (or should) all be called for offside.

Amateur

Does anyone know why Miles calls it "an emotion engine?" I mean, it's just some new animations for celebrations and shouting at referees.

Maybe there's more than meets than eye?

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Sorry if this has been asked before.. is there a possibility to see the screenshots that are on the FM-website in original size? It's hard to read anything in that slideshow. Cheers!

Amateur

Will the retail version of the game have the option to run through steam?

Lurker

will it have the option turkis language in fm 2011?????

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before.. is there a possibility to see the screenshots that are on the FM-website in original size? It's hard to read anything in that slideshow. Cheers!
    See post number 222 in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by volkan_7 View Post
    will it have the option turkis language in fm 2011?????
    Personally, I really doubt it.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    I mean, it's just some new animations for celebrations and shouting at referees.

Maybe there's more than meets than eye?
    That's not what I understood tbh. I thought it would be something like the motivation that you see in game now.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Thanks Fabio MVP, you're a big help, as always

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Of course, but where in the World?

After watching the video, it is great to see the amount of improvements that have come directly from the forums. Numerous times I was thinking back to discussions that have taken place here when listening to Miles talk about the improvements and new features.
    Well I'm going to try it in Scotland with my team Dundee who will still be in the Scottish 1st Division when the game is released so plenty of time and opportunity to make them the biggest team in Europe and hopefully improve the reputation of Scottish football.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    That's not what I understood tbh. I thought it would be something like the motivation that you see in game now.
    Sorry, what do you mean?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Swindon69 View Post
    Love the DLR - it'll be interesting to see how it pans out, roll on Feb.
    Why are you waiting until February? The game will be out the end of October or the beginning or November as it always is or at least has been the last few times. It should be perfectly playable out the box without a patch, FM10 was, so no point waiting until February imo.

Semi Pro

will it use the steam cloud features?

does the commentary get improved? same has sounds ?
    i see that the graphics still look basic well at least the animations improved
    Last edited by Aim_Less; 12-08-2010 at 18:00.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dusse View Post
    The first three aren't interfering with play, they are interfering with an opponent. The fourth shouldn't be flagged for offside, but it often is.

Amateur

I thought the "Emotion Engine" Was for John Terry after penalties!!!
    Sorry Couldn't resist!!!

Amateur

The first three aren't interfering with play, they are interfering with an opponent. The fourth shouldn't be flagged for offside, but it often is.
    Thing is though, the players are part of the play so yes, you are interfering with the play. The fourth shall be flagged for offside if there is even the slightest chance that the opponents is affected by him being there. You need to read up on the offside rule.

Amateur

Is FM 2011 using same player attribute model that was introduced on FM 2010? I really do not agree SIGames' opinion that good players are good on everything. So like amateur free kick specialist is much worser shooting free kicks than John Terry. Or Glen Johnson takes better penalties than amateur penalty taking expert. Also I would like to see same as on FM 2008 Patch 2 vs FM 2008 Patch 1. Attributes versus CA was adjusted so that CA 195 players are not good on EVERYTHING.

On FM 2010 they are. What is the point to waste time on adjusting defensive tactics when your opponents has no weaknesses at all?

If this issue is fixed, I think my FM 2008 finally gets honorable retirement.

Amateur

I literally just went "oooooooooooooooooh" out loud even though i'm in my house on my own. It was when Miles said there would be more clauses added in the contracts. One of the biggest parts of the game for me is signing new players and seeing what stars i can get on the cheap. Also having more interaction with the players is something i've wanted for a long time especially when someone turns round and says he's unhappy.

Regarding the 3D engine. Will there actually be an option to totally turn it off or not install it? I know you guys have put a lot of work into it, but my PC doesn't really run it that well. Also i prefer to watch the matches in the 2D classic anyway. It still occasionally pops up on mine and takes a few minutes to get rid of. This is more of lifetime when it's late at night and i'm trying to squeeze in one last game

Amateur

I just have one question : In your video announcement you mentioned new crowd interactions, please please please please tell me you haven't included the vuvuzela's.

Just joking! But seriously they are horrid.

Everything looks great, and I for one think the new contract negotiations will be a hit.

Semi Pro

On a different point Miles, i hope you can have more international friendlies before a tournament in FM11. I've just won the 2020 European championship with Italy and i could only arrange ONE friendly before the tournament and even then that was 2 months before!

Also will there be contracts for international management? Strange how we work for free when managing nations in FM10.

Finally, will managers have biographies like players do in FM10?
    Last edited by dave byrd; 12-08-2010 at 18:48.

Amateur

i've read in one of the Miles' interviews that the next 2-3 weeks are full of important news and announcements: maybe will be also the release date.

Amateur

"Podcast recorded with the lovely guys from Zoo. Should be live tomorrow on iTunes, and elsewhere next week. Now for more interviews!" - News on 10 new features picked at random by the guys who follow Miles on twitter after a game of feature roulette, coming tomorrow

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    On a different point Miles, i hope you can have more international friendlies before a tournament in FM11. I've just won the 2020 European championship with Italy and i could only arrange ONE friendly before the tournament and even then that was 2 months before!
    the nations have to be improved. but i think that Miles & co. have found a solution!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ely-matty View Post
    the nations have to be improved. but i think that Miles & co. have found a solution!
    Why do you?

Amateur

Why do you?
    if this year will be more features as ever: in the year of the world cup, they will improve the international games!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ely-matty View Post
    if this year will be more features as ever: in the year of the world cup, they will improve the international games!
    Oh, i thought you actually knew something rather than just speculating.

Amateur

Oh, i thought you actually knew something rather than just speculating.
    no no, i'm a user like you, we know the same things

Semi Pro

Right, shall we sort this? I am (almost) a referee, so have a copy of the laws of the game handy. I did wonder when they would become useful!

-'Interfering with play' means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate

-'Interfering with an opponent' means preventing an opponent from playing or attempting to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

Both are offside, so it's really just a case of using the wrong terminology, as we tend to use the term 'interfering with play' for both of the above. It does need touching up in FM though - there are too many times when the ball sails over a players head for him to be called offside, or worse, an offside player leaves the ball, and it rolls into the net. The goal is then disallowed when it shouldn't be!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ism-scfc View Post
    Right, shall we sort this? I am (almost) a referee, so have a copy of the laws of the game handy. I did wonder when they would become useful!

-'Interfering with play' means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate

-'Interfering with an opponent' means preventing an opponent from playing or attempting to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

Both are offside, so it's really just a case of using the wrong terminology, as we tend to use the term 'interfering with play' for both of the above. It does need touching up in FM though - there are too many times when the ball sails over a players head for him to be called offside, or worse, an offside player leaves the ball, and it rolls into the net. The goal is then disallowed when it shouldn't be!
    Thank god we have an almost referee
    I just explained myself not that good as you so thank you very much mate.
    All I wanted to say is just what ism-scfc said,that there should be some tweaking to the offside rules since there are play that shouldn't/should be an offisde plays.

Amateur

Also will there be contracts for international management? Strange how we work for free when managing nations in FM10.

Finally, will managers have biographies like players do in FM10?

You can arrange more matches before big tournaments in older versions. Just take non-top teams (Australia, Korea, Morocco and like them) and invite Brazil to play against. Then they reject, but in little box down you can arrange new friendly instead. Choose opponent and chose date, so you can make dozens of friendlies during the year. Once, I have played 15 friendlies with New Zealand during the season (every time asked Brazil and then rearranged).

But yes, national teams and management must be revamped, a lot. Like camps before big cups, trainings, friendlies with weaker players - played in non-FIFA dates etc...

And I dont see anyone answered, so Ill try again... ANY NEWS ABOUT NEW FEATURES IN COMPETITION EDITOR? I am eager to find that out.

Amateur

Hopefully this year the linesman will flag the right way for throw ins ¬_¬

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dinamo_zagreb View Post
    And I dont see anyone answered, so Ill try again... ANY NEWS ABOUT NEW FEATURES IN COMPETITION EDITOR? I am eager to find that out.
    I think this is why no one has answered:

PLEASE ALSO NOTE - discussions that aren't about what was announced today, or questions about things that haven't been announced today, will be completely ignored, so it's pointless posting them. Thank you for your understanding.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dinamo_zagreb View Post
    You can arrange more matches before big tournaments in older versions. Just take non-top teams (Australia, Korea, Morocco and like them) and invite Brazil to play against. Then they reject, but in little box down you can arrange new friendly instead. Choose opponent and chose date, so you can make dozens of friendlies during the year. Once, I have played 15 friendlies with New Zealand during the season (every time asked Brazil and then rearranged).

But yes, national teams and management must be revamped, a lot. Like camps before big cups, trainings, friendlies with weaker players - played in non-FIFA dates etc...

You're eager to find out? Honestly, I couldn't tell. How about they are not answering it yet? As Miles said early on, if its not announced yet they will ignore you. Guess why you are being ignored? Doesn't matter what size, colour or font you use they ain't telling til they are ready.

Lurker

Freeze the stats

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by J.E.S View Post
    Freeze the stats
    An effusive and informative 1st post. Care to elaborate?
    Welcome btw

Semi Pro

Freeze the stats
    Ha ha, best first post ever!

Amateur

Freeze the stats
    Cook the books.
    What a first post ever
    He's been a member for 8 months and then kappow. What a start. Eagerly awaiting 2nd post

Amateur

Great work S.I,

a quick thought about the announced features :
    - Dynamic league rep :
    I hope this much awaited feature will be carefully implemented and while league reputations should change , it should change slowly imo.
    It should take into account not only pure football results but the country's ressources, geo, politics, economics and football history where the league is host, and all what ensue from : fanbase, investors, clubs financial health, stadiums quality, media coverage, etc, ...
    Ideally for europe, I'd like to see the actual tendance implemented in the first years of the game, with the German bundesliga becoming more and more attractive, and who could be potentially the strongest league in europe very soon.

- Players' agents : will there be real licensed agent names, agents' companies and their respective lists of players ?

sorry if it was already asked and thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Amateur

Player Unique ID's the same? dont fancy re-making all them facepacks, god no!

Amateur
    You knew all along, GODDAMIT! What you wouldn't tell me well look at you NOOOOWWW!!!

Will the 25 man Premier League registration be fixed?

Amateur

Any chance that previous saves from Fm2010 up to the start of the 2010/2011 season on Fm2011. Or would that not work.

Lurker

Thanks Great work S.I

Semi Pro

some one offer vodka to miles please

( i hope someone gets why i said this )

Semi Pro
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...

Quote Originally Posted by big black bear7 View Post
    Any chance that previous saves from Fm2010 up to the start of the 2010/2011 season on Fm2011. Or would that not work.
    It wont work.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by anakin1975 View Post
    Will the 25 man Premier League registration be fixed?
    Why what's wrong with it now?

Amateur

Damn he said this is going to be out before Christmas..... Jesus. When did this thing drop last year. Wasn't it around October? I hope that in a full viewed game with no skipping it actually plays more realistic. With the addition of emotion into the game does this mean that we will actually see why players sometimes get a yellow then a red? To me some of the gameplay that we saw doesn't represent what really happens on a football pitch. I know it was very short and there will be more to come, but more or less it looked like the same thing as last year. Will there be information inbound about how games viewed in full game mode will be? Last year they weren't that great and for me that is what I like to do as it gives me a good idea of how players are getting on out there and what I might need to change.
    Last edited by Hauler24; 12-08-2010 at 21:49.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by ism-scfc View Post
    !
    I am a full referee

Good luck.

Semi Pro

I am a full referee

Good luck.

Just need to do the six games as part of the course, and then I will be too. Local leagues are crap though, and they try and keep new refs away from them, so that's me heading over to Bolton and Rochdale every sunday

Amateur

don't want to pour water on the champagne and i am as always looking forward to the new game but just wondered if the celebrations are just a demo or will they be improved. I don't think i've seen a team celebrate individually and not in a group as a team.

Still it's only a minor detail I'd much rather being able to change kits for away games and at the end of the season.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by chesterfan2 View Post
    Will known expansions of leagues be included or not ? Specifically I'm thinking about the MLS, which has stated it will expand to 20 teams by 2012, with teams being added in Seattle (2009), Philedelphia (2010), Portland and Vancouver in 2011 and Montreal in 2012, with one more as yet unconfirmed team, thought to be a reformed New York Cosmos, also joining in 2012. It would be a challenge to take a newly formed team to success.
    Probably not, unless SI have gotten the licenses for all those teams to join the league at those dates...and somehow managed to code all that in the game without it being bugged.

I'll be happy to have the current teams with the right squad regulations (guaranteed contracts for most players and up to 3 DPs to name a few different rules) and good AI MLS management in FM11...

Amateur

Fantastic. I've been a huge advocate for the dynamic league reputation on the wishlist and I think (I hope) that this could add 20-30 years to a game for me. Question: For example, If I get Scotland up to 5star league reputation, does that mean that there is more chance of Scottish wonderkid regens? i.e. can you make a country not only the best league, but the best footballing nation?

Cheers.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Popider View Post
    Fantastic. I've been a huge advocate for the dynamic league reputation on the wishlist and I think (I hope) that this could add 20-30 years to a game for me. Question: For example, If I get Scotland up to 5star league reputation, does that mean that there is more chance of Scottish wonderkid regens? i.e. can you make a country not only the best league, but the best footballing nation?

Cheers.
    I'd imagine that would follow, if indirectly - higher reputations, higher prize money, better financed-clubs, resulting in better youth facilities, resulting in better youngsters, eventually resulting in a better footballing nation...

Youth Team

Love the announcement Miles! Only thing that would make it better (for me anyways) are the additional tiers under MLS in North America and all MLS teams shown in the MLS. Keep it up!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Hauler24 View Post
    Damn he said this is going to be out before Christmas..... Jesus. When did this thing drop last year. Wasn't it around October? I hope that in a full viewed game with no skipping it actually plays more realistic. With the addition of emotion into the game does this mean that we will actually see why players sometimes get a yellow then a red? To me some of the gameplay that we saw doesn't represent what really happens on a football pitch. I know it was very short and there will be more to come, but more or less it looked like the same thing as last year. Will there be information inbound about how games viewed in full game mode will be? Last year they weren't that great and for me that is what I like to do as it gives me a good idea of how players are getting on out there and what I might need to change.
    in 2-3 weeks - probably - will be the official release date, but, be quiet, will be last days of october or first days of november.

Banned

I'd like to be able to do more things in the editor,

like adding/removing league rules, for example the number of non-eu players allowed each season, number of foreigners allowed in each team (used to be 3 only in Serie A for example), salary cap etc etc

will you be able to create a world super league whilst keeping all the other leagues going as normal and having teams move in and drop out each season? (as oppposed to currently adding the teams into a single national league).

I'm guessing none of this, but you never know.

World Cup Winner

Why what's wrong with it now?
    Shirt numbers cannot be assigned to players outside of the 25. Ideally we could do with shirt numbers and the 25 man squad being separate, like the Champions League registration.

Amateur

A great 30th Birthday present would be if you guys could release this on Friday 1st of October, so I can play it all day on my birthday (Saturday 2nd).

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast