+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 301 to 400 of 1468

Thread: Football Manager 2011 official announcement

  1. #301
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2008
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Wow Miles.

    I hope you are looking forward to the late nights that will be approaching before launch this year.

    I doff my cap to you Sir, you've surpassed yourselves with those additions. If it works half as well as it looks [and I have no reason on previous form to think otherwise] then it'll be awesome.

    So far I've clocke up 460 hours on FM10 compared to 160 on FM09. Perhaps I'll break the 1000 hours on FM11 - not bad for £30!

  2. #302
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th February 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Looking forward to it, liking some of the new features and cannot wait for it to come out.

    I received an E-mail from Sortitoutsi with a list of price comparison prices for the new game:
    The Hut £24.93
    Asda £27.91
    Games 4u £27.95
    Click a game £27.95
    Zavvi - £27.95
    Send it £27.98
    Play.com £29.99
    Game £29.99
    Gamestation £29.99

  3. #303
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    683

    Default

    plz anyone tell me is manager salary could do somthing with it in the game (FM11) ?

  4. #304
    Third Team
    Join Date
    24th August 2009
    Posts
    6,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blala View Post
    plz anyone tell me is manager salary could do somthing with it in the game (FM11) ?
    If you're asking whether we can spend our wages on cars and houses, I highly doubt it.

  5. #305
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 and 2014 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,766

    Default

    Well, changing contract negociations with agents and player interaction could take a bit of getting used to, but a potentially massive change, which also makes it critical to do right. Also I might actually start bothering with training now. I imagine I was one of those who were delighted at the dymanic league rep announcement, and glad you decided to wait until you were sure about doing it. Plenty of potential in this version, that's for sure.

  6. #306
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd February 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I just fear that all the player and board interaction will feel a bit robotic. Judging by the screenshots, it doesn't look like they have much personality. But it's early days still.

    I just hope it doesn't become like press conferences where I already know which answers to press without even looking at the questions.

  7. #307
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    11th May 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    You will see them go up and down in rep. You won't see TV/prize money change in those leagues though.
    What if the clubs in those leagues have individual tv deals? Those can change I suppose?

  8. #308
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th May 2008
    Location
    Wormit
    Posts
    179

    Default What is dynamic League reputation

    What is dynamic League reputation???

  9. #309
    Third Team
    Join Date
    24th August 2009
    Posts
    6,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Sharp View Post
    What is dynamic League reputation???
    You can read this thread, do a search, or find the thread discussing it on the first page, mate.

  10. #310
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Sharp View Post
    What is dynamic League reputation???
    Reputations of various leagues can fluctuate when it used to be static. For example, the Eredivisie can one day be better than the Premier League in FM11 while as in FM10 the league reputations would remain the same.

  11. #311
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Sharp View Post
    What is dynamic League reputation???
    Read this http://www.totalvideogames.com/Footb...ure-15537.html Q&A with Miles Jacobsen about FM11, he explains Dynamic League Reputation on the second page.
    Last edited by Fabio MVP; 12-08-2010 at 14:00. Reason: Added link.

  12. #312
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th May 2008
    Location
    Wormit
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Thanks Fabio you are helpful

  13. #313

    Default

    Hi Miles could i ask you if you know if there will be the Arsenal version even this year?
    Cheers Marco

  14. #314
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2008
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Isn't there an Arsenal version every year? You start a game and click Arsenal. What am I missing?

  15. #315
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th August 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield Sunday View Post
    Isn't there an Arsenal version every year? You start a game and click Arsenal. What am I missing?
    He means the special Arsenal edition of FM, it's fully skinned with Arsenal colours and club crest, Arsenal player photos etc, which can already be downloaded from the community anyway.

    http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/invt/a3391&bklist=

  16. #316
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2008
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Ah, ok thanks for clearing that up.

    Should be easy enough for someone to skin I would have thought.

  17. #317
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Sharp View Post
    Thanks Fabio you are helpful
    No problem, I just added link for you to read Q&A.

  18. #318
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Well SI for me FM is the only game in PC that i buy every year, and with this new addions the game is every day better so thanks Si for this great series........

    Cheers from Venezuela...

    BTW: Miles im thinking about getting the Jose, Alex and me shirt it looks great...

  19. #319
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd July 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swindon69 View Post
    Speech bubble on contract negotiations looks pretty naff.
    Yeah i cringed when i saw that. Looks awful.

  20. #320
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd July 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    Is there dynamic rivarly aswell?
    Yeah i'd like to know this. In FM10 i've been in the Prem 7 years with Oxford yet my rivals are league 1 and 2 sides that i haven't played for years.

  21. #321
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    6th June 2007
    Location
    WI, USA
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    Looks very cool! I'm glad training is being improved as it was always one of my least favorite parts of the game and has always been a very cryptic interface for me.

    Can we please get some higher-resolution screenshots? I honestly can't read the text on most of these, and I'm not THAT old!

  22. #322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashp View Post
    Looks amazing, can't wait to place my pre-order! One question: now steam is on the mac and the pc, if I buy the game on steam can I play on either? If I can then I will be eternally grateful!
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ElDani View Post
    I do have a few questions about the agents though: do they work like their real life counterparts where they're in most cases part of a larger agency company and thus part of a network and a whole pool of professional atlethes that have signed with them? Or are they singular persons whose only connection to the game is the player they represent? Furthermore, can the player interact with agents beyond the current contract talks? Will the agents profile be viewable or is he like the chairman and other board members merely an unclickable name in the game? And one last question: will agents, representing their clients, take initiative and contact the club first or will they only react to the player's actions?
    The agents work individually, but represent multiple players. You can see their profiles, although whether it can stay like this for the final game isn't certain yet - we are hoping that as they are not real agents, it should be OK.

  23. #323
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st October 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Yes.



    The agents work individually, but represent multiple players. You can see their profiles, although whether it can stay like this for the final game isn't certain yet - we are hoping that as they are not real agents, it should be OK.
    hrmmm, why is "Last edited by Neil Brock; 11-08-2010 at 11:16. " editing Miles Jacobsons messages? I sense a deep ploy....

  24. #324
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    14,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    The agents work individually, but represent multiple players. You can see their profiles, although whether it can stay like this for the final game isn't certain yet - we are hoping that as they are not real agents, it should be OK.
    Damn lawyers, eh? Not to mention the creeps who employ them.

    Will the agents have different personalities too btw? For example some claim the player wants more than he actually does, and possibly vice versa?

  25. #325
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th June 2010
    Location
    Malmö. We gave the world Zlatan! (You're welcome =)
    Posts
    222

    Default Thank You SI!!!

    For dynamic league rep...!! Like Mile's said, waiting for about 20 years for it So again, THANK YOU! Game just got perfect for me...

  26. #326
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2009
    Posts
    322

    Default

    spoiler:
    will it be possible to delete some files and get dynamic prize money in licensed countries?

  27. #327
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    19th January 2004
    Location
    Bishop's Stortford
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    You've been waiting 20 years for it? You're only 24! lol

  28. #328
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th June 2005
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest166 View Post
    I'd like to ask a very important question since it's the basis of the game:
    The offside rule must be as in real life.In today's game,when the ball is getting forward and my player is in an offside position but never touches the ball,the refferre calls for an offside and it's wrong.
    The new offside rule says that only when the offside player actually touches the ball,then the reffere will call for an offside,and right now when this rule isn't implement well in the game,it has a sort of an unrealistic aspect of the game.
    My question is:Has there been any work on the offside rules ? will there be some new tweaks to the offside rule ?
    Thanks.
    Could I have an official statemant about it please ?

  29. #329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Borghesi View Post
    Hi Miles could i ask you if you know if there will be the Arsenal version even this year?
    Cheers Marco
    We're talking at the moment (literally). I hope so, but it's not confirmed yet. We're talking to at least one other club too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berty Bombscare View Post
    When will 11.3 patch be out? :P
    March.

  30. #330
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st March 2007
    Posts
    45

    Default

    i dont now is this question been before
    can we play created leagues for 2010 on 2011?

  31. #331
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    20th September 2007
    Location
    Voller/Ramos/Miller
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest166 View Post
    Could I have an official statemant about it please ?
    I suggest you read the laws of the game, the rule used in FM10 is almost correct, just needs some work on deciding whether players are interfering with play

  32. #332
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest166 View Post
    I'd like to ask a very important question since it's the basis of the game:
    The offside rule must be as in real life.In today's game,when the ball is getting forward and my player is in an offside position but never touches the ball,the refferre calls for an offside and it's wrong.
    The new offside rule says that only when the offside player actually touches the ball,then the reffere will call for an offside,and right now when this rule isn't implement well in the game,it has a sort of an unrealistic aspect of the game.
    My question is:Has there been any work on the offside rules ? will there be some new tweaks to the offside rule ?
    Thanks.
    Actually you're undertstanding of the offside law is wrong, players don't have to touch the ball, just be interfering with play.
    So my question to you, will there be tweaks to your knowledge?
    Thanks

    EDIT: beaten by joetheref

  33. #333
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    14,750

    Default

    A couple of things are incorrect though. So frustrating to see a guy in the central being blown for offside when the ball is getting played out to a flank (after a headed out corner for example). Or when a guy on the flank is called for offside when the ball is hit centrally (again, after a defended corner for example).

    Sometimes I do see players in offside who are not called, so it does work some of the time.

  34. #334
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    A couple of things are incorrect though. So frustrating to see a guy in the central being blown for offside when the ball is getting played out to a flank (after a headed out corner for example). Or when a guy on the flank is called for offside when the ball is hit centrally (again, after a defended corner for example).

    Sometimes I do see players in offside who are not called, so it does work some of the time.
    As joetheref mentioned, it just needs some work on deciding who is interfering or not.

  35. #335
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010
    Posts
    22,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    Actually you're undertstanding of the offside law is wrong, players don't have to touch the ball, just be interfering with play.
    So my question to you, will there be tweaks to your knowledge?
    Thanks

    EDIT: beaten by joetheref
    You're not interfering with play unless you touch the ball. You can also be flagged offside for interfering with an opponent, or gaining an advantage. Gaining an advantage also necessitates touching the ball. There are a small number of exceptions- if a player is clearly offside, one on one, with no other attacker near the ball, he will be flagged offside straight away so he doesn't endanger the goalkeeper.

  36. #336
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    3rd May 2002
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Will known expansions of leagues be included or not ? Specifically I'm thinking about the MLS, which has stated it will expand to 20 teams by 2012, with teams being added in Seattle (2009), Philedelphia (2010), Portland and Vancouver in 2011 and Montreal in 2012, with one more as yet unconfirmed team, thought to be a reformed New York Cosmos, also joining in 2012. It would be a challenge to take a newly formed team to success.

  37. #337
    Reserves
    Join Date
    31st August 2007
    Location
    not Elland road
    Posts
    10,865

    Default

    miles please tell me that with the plans for the arsenal version they won't become unbeatable like they did in 09 from an AI perspective

    we aren't all arsenal fans

  38. #338
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    683

    Default

    common jacob ,I really want to see Penalty clause for the manager who want to leave the club to go to a new club and this Penalty clause will be in the contract between manager and club ,,this part will make managers thinks carefully before leave the club as in real life !

  39. #339
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2008
    Location
    Kilkenny, Ireland
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Fairly sure I haven't seen it come up. About the dynamic league reputation, is it unlimited as expected or will countries have certain limits which could see, Ireland limited due to small population or greece due to having no money.

  40. #340
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd October 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Will we be able to have agents as well??

  41. #341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrebruun View Post
    hrmmm, why is "Last edited by Neil Brock; 11-08-2010 at 11:16. " editing Miles Jacobsons messages? I sense a deep ploy....
    I expect it's a case of me cocking up with some formatting, or quoting, and Neil tidying it up for me, which is nice of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Will the agents have different personalities too btw? For example some claim the player wants more than he actually does, and possibly vice versa?
    Yes.

  42. #342
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st March 2007
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DF#1 View Post
    Fairly sure I haven't seen it come up. About the dynamic league reputation, is it unlimited as expected or will countries have certain limits which could see, Ireland limited due to small population or greece due to having no money.
    dont greece buy players, certain clubs buys players dont equal country economic with clubs

  43. #343
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st December 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    You're not interfering with play unless you touch the ball. You can also be flagged offside for interfering with an opponent, or gaining an advantage. Gaining an advantage also necessitates touching the ball. There are a small number of exceptions- if a player is clearly offside, one on one, with no other attacker near the ball, he will be flagged offside straight away so he doesn't endanger the goalkeeper.
    There is plenty of ways to interfere with the game without touching the ball. Easy things as: standing in the way of an opponent, obscure the sight for the goalkeeper, appear to be running to the ball, let the ball pass by very close to you etc etc. These will (or should) all be called for offside.

  44. #344
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd April 2006
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Please get a Newcastle United version sorted! I'm sure there are lots of people who'd go for it!

    But anyways, looks like a great new game!

  45. #345
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    You're not interfering with play unless you touch the ball. You can also be flagged offside for interfering with an opponent, or gaining an advantage. Gaining an advantage also necessitates touching the ball. There are a small number of exceptions- if a player is clearly offside, one on one, with no other attacker near the ball, he will be flagged offside straight away so he doesn't endanger the goalkeeper.
    SCIAG, not often I'll disagree with you, but this has to be one of them, as the man below says:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusse View Post
    There is plenty of ways to interfere with the game without touching the ball. Easy things as: standing in the way of an opponent, obscure the sight for the goalkeeper, appear to be running to the ball, let the ball pass by very close to you etc etc. These will (or should) all be called for offside.

  46. #346
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th April 2008
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Does anyone know why Miles calls it "an emotion engine?" I mean, it's just some new animations for celebrations and shouting at referees.

    Maybe there's more than meets than eye?

  47. #347
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    28th April 2009
    Location
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Sorry if this has been asked before.. is there a possibility to see the screenshots that are on the FM-website in original size? It's hard to read anything in that slideshow. Cheers!

  48. #348
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th July 2010
    Location
    Avedøre, Denmark
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Will the retail version of the game have the option to run through steam?

  49. #349
    Lurker
    Join Date
    12th August 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    will it have the option turkis language in fm 2011?????

  50. #350
    Third Team
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    8,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before.. is there a possibility to see the screenshots that are on the FM-website in original size? It's hard to read anything in that slideshow. Cheers!
    See post number 222 in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by volkan_7 View Post
    will it have the option turkis language in fm 2011?????
    Personally, I really doubt it.

  51. #351
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    11th July 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    I mean, it's just some new animations for celebrations and shouting at referees.

    Maybe there's more than meets than eye?
    That's not what I understood tbh. I thought it would be something like the motivation that you see in game now.

  52. #352
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    28th April 2009
    Location
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Thanks Fabio MVP, you're a big help, as always

  53. #353
    Third Team
    Join Date
    1st September 2006
    Posts
    6,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Of course, but where in the World?

    After watching the video, it is great to see the amount of improvements that have come directly from the forums. Numerous times I was thinking back to discussions that have taken place here when listening to Miles talk about the improvements and new features.
    Well I'm going to try it in Scotland with my team Dundee who will still be in the Scottish 1st Division when the game is released so plenty of time and opportunity to make them the biggest team in Europe and hopefully improve the reputation of Scottish football.

  54. #354
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th April 2008
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    That's not what I understood tbh. I thought it would be something like the motivation that you see in game now.
    Sorry, what do you mean?

  55. #355
    Third Team
    Join Date
    1st September 2006
    Posts
    6,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swindon69 View Post
    Love the DLR - it'll be interesting to see how it pans out, roll on Feb.
    Why are you waiting until February? The game will be out the end of October or the beginning or November as it always is or at least has been the last few times. It should be perfectly playable out the box without a patch, FM10 was, so no point waiting until February imo.

  56. #356
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    Leiria
    Posts
    2,293

    Default

    will it use the steam cloud features?

    does the commentary get improved? same has sounds ?
    i see that the graphics still look basic well at least the animations improved
    Last edited by Aim_Less; 12-08-2010 at 18:00.

  57. #357
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010
    Posts
    22,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusse View Post
    There is plenty of ways to interfere with the game without touching the ball. Easy things as: standing in the way of an opponent, obscure the sight for the goalkeeper, appear to be running to the ball, let the ball pass by very close to you etc etc. These will (or should) all be called for offside.
    The first three aren't interfering with play, they are interfering with an opponent. The fourth shouldn't be flagged for offside, but it often is.

  58. #358
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th February 2007
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    419

    Default

    I thought the "Emotion Engine" Was for John Terry after penalties!!!
    Sorry Couldn't resist!!!

  59. #359
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st December 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    The first three aren't interfering with play, they are interfering with an opponent. The fourth shouldn't be flagged for offside, but it often is.
    Thing is though, the players are part of the play so yes, you are interfering with the play. The fourth shall be flagged for offside if there is even the slightest chance that the opponents is affected by him being there. You need to read up on the offside rule.

  60. #360
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th July 2005
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Is FM 2011 using same player attribute model that was introduced on FM 2010? I really do not agree SIGames' opinion that good players are good on everything. So like amateur free kick specialist is much worser shooting free kicks than John Terry. Or Glen Johnson takes better penalties than amateur penalty taking expert. Also I would like to see same as on FM 2008 Patch 2 vs FM 2008 Patch 1. Attributes versus CA was adjusted so that CA 195 players are not good on EVERYTHING.

    On FM 2010 they are. What is the point to waste time on adjusting defensive tactics when your opponents has no weaknesses at all?

    If this issue is fixed, I think my FM 2008 finally gets honorable retirement.

  61. #361
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th July 2006
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I literally just went "oooooooooooooooooh" out loud even though i'm in my house on my own. It was when Miles said there would be more clauses added in the contracts. One of the biggest parts of the game for me is signing new players and seeing what stars i can get on the cheap. Also having more interaction with the players is something i've wanted for a long time especially when someone turns round and says he's unhappy.

    Regarding the 3D engine. Will there actually be an option to totally turn it off or not install it? I know you guys have put a lot of work into it, but my PC doesn't really run it that well. Also i prefer to watch the matches in the 2D classic anyway. It still occasionally pops up on mine and takes a few minutes to get rid of. This is more of lifetime when it's late at night and i'm trying to squeeze in one last game

  62. #362
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th October 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I just have one question : In your video announcement you mentioned new crowd interactions, please please please please tell me you haven't included the vuvuzela's.

    Just joking! But seriously they are horrid.

    Everything looks great, and I for one think the new contract negotiations will be a hit.

  63. #363
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd July 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    On a different point Miles, i hope you can have more international friendlies before a tournament in FM11. I've just won the 2020 European championship with Italy and i could only arrange ONE friendly before the tournament and even then that was 2 months before!

    Also will there be contracts for international management? Strange how we work for free when managing nations in FM10.

    Finally, will managers have biographies like players do in FM10?
    Last edited by dave byrd; 12-08-2010 at 18:48.

  64. #364
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th August 2009
    Location
    Giuseppe Meazza, San Siro
    Posts
    827

    Default

    i've read in one of the Miles' interviews that the next 2-3 weeks are full of important news and announcements: maybe will be also the release date.

  65. #365
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd January 2009
    Location
    Matlock
    Posts
    970

    Default

    "Podcast recorded with the lovely guys from Zoo. Should be live tomorrow on iTunes, and elsewhere next week. Now for more interviews!" - News on 10 new features picked at random by the guys who follow Miles on twitter after a game of feature roulette, coming tomorrow

  66. #366
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th August 2009
    Location
    Giuseppe Meazza, San Siro
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    On a different point Miles, i hope you can have more international friendlies before a tournament in FM11. I've just won the 2020 European championship with Italy and i could only arrange ONE friendly before the tournament and even then that was 2 months before!
    the nations have to be improved. but i think that Miles & co. have found a solution!

  67. #367
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd July 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ely-matty View Post
    the nations have to be improved. but i think that Miles & co. have found a solution!
    Why do you?

  68. #368
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th August 2009
    Location
    Giuseppe Meazza, San Siro
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    Why do you?
    if this year will be more features as ever: in the year of the world cup, they will improve the international games!

  69. #369
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd July 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ely-matty View Post
    if this year will be more features as ever: in the year of the world cup, they will improve the international games!
    Oh, i thought you actually knew something rather than just speculating.

  70. #370
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th August 2009
    Location
    Giuseppe Meazza, San Siro
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    Oh, i thought you actually knew something rather than just speculating.
    no no, i'm a user like you, we know the same things

  71. #371
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    12th July 2008
    Posts
    2,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    The first three aren't interfering with play, they are interfering with an opponent. The fourth shouldn't be flagged for offside, but it often is.
    Right, shall we sort this? I am (almost) a referee, so have a copy of the laws of the game handy. I did wonder when they would become useful!

    -'Interfering with play' means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate

    -'Interfering with an opponent' means preventing an opponent from playing or attempting to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

    Both are offside, so it's really just a case of using the wrong terminology, as we tend to use the term 'interfering with play' for both of the above. It does need touching up in FM though - there are too many times when the ball sails over a players head for him to be called offside, or worse, an offside player leaves the ball, and it rolls into the net. The goal is then disallowed when it shouldn't be!

  72. #372
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th June 2005
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ism-scfc View Post
    Right, shall we sort this? I am (almost) a referee, so have a copy of the laws of the game handy. I did wonder when they would become useful!

    -'Interfering with play' means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate

    -'Interfering with an opponent' means preventing an opponent from playing or attempting to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

    Both are offside, so it's really just a case of using the wrong terminology, as we tend to use the term 'interfering with play' for both of the above. It does need touching up in FM though - there are too many times when the ball sails over a players head for him to be called offside, or worse, an offside player leaves the ball, and it rolls into the net. The goal is then disallowed when it shouldn't be!
    Thank god we have an almost referee
    I just explained myself not that good as you so thank you very much mate.
    All I wanted to say is just what ism-scfc said,that there should be some tweaking to the offside rules since there are play that shouldn't/should be an offisde plays.

  73. #373
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    On a different point Miles, i hope you can have more international friendlies before a tournament in FM11. I've just won the 2020 European championship with Italy and i could only arrange ONE friendly before the tournament and even then that was 2 months before!

    Also will there be contracts for international management? Strange how we work for free when managing nations in FM10.

    Finally, will managers have biographies like players do in FM10?

    You can arrange more matches before big tournaments in older versions. Just take non-top teams (Australia, Korea, Morocco and like them) and invite Brazil to play against. Then they reject, but in little box down you can arrange new friendly instead. Choose opponent and chose date, so you can make dozens of friendlies during the year. Once, I have played 15 friendlies with New Zealand during the season (every time asked Brazil and then rearranged).

    But yes, national teams and management must be revamped, a lot. Like camps before big cups, trainings, friendlies with weaker players - played in non-FIFA dates etc...


    And I dont see anyone answered, so Ill try again... ANY NEWS ABOUT NEW FEATURES IN COMPETITION EDITOR? I am eager to find that out.

  74. #374
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th February 2009
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Hopefully this year the linesman will flag the right way for throw ins ¬_¬

  75. #375
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinamo_zagreb View Post
    And I dont see anyone answered, so Ill try again... ANY NEWS ABOUT NEW FEATURES IN COMPETITION EDITOR? I am eager to find that out.
    I think this is why no one has answered:

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    PLEASE ALSO NOTE - discussions that aren't about what was announced today, or questions about things that haven't been announced today, will be completely ignored, so it's pointless posting them. Thank you for your understanding.

  76. #376
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinamo_zagreb View Post
    You can arrange more matches before big tournaments in older versions. Just take non-top teams (Australia, Korea, Morocco and like them) and invite Brazil to play against. Then they reject, but in little box down you can arrange new friendly instead. Choose opponent and chose date, so you can make dozens of friendlies during the year. Once, I have played 15 friendlies with New Zealand during the season (every time asked Brazil and then rearranged).

    But yes, national teams and management must be revamped, a lot. Like camps before big cups, trainings, friendlies with weaker players - played in non-FIFA dates etc...


    And I dont see anyone answered, so Ill try again... ANY NEWS ABOUT NEW FEATURES IN COMPETITION EDITOR? I am eager to find that out.
    You're eager to find out? Honestly, I couldn't tell. How about they are not answering it yet? As Miles said early on, if its not announced yet they will ignore you. Guess why you are being ignored? Doesn't matter what size, colour or font you use they ain't telling til they are ready.

  77. #377
    Lurker
    Join Date
    2nd January 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Freeze the stats

  78. #378
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.S View Post
    Freeze the stats
    An effusive and informative 1st post. Care to elaborate?
    Welcome btw

  79. #379
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd July 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.S View Post
    Freeze the stats
    Ha ha, best first post ever!

  80. #380
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th February 2007
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.S View Post
    Freeze the stats
    Cook the books.
    What a first post ever
    He's been a member for 8 months and then kappow. What a start. Eagerly awaiting 2nd post

  81. #381
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th October 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Great work S.I,

    a quick thought about the announced features :
    - Dynamic league rep :
    I hope this much awaited feature will be carefully implemented and while league reputations should change , it should change slowly imo.
    It should take into account not only pure football results but the country's ressources, geo, politics, economics and football history where the league is host, and all what ensue from : fanbase, investors, clubs financial health, stadiums quality, media coverage, etc, ...
    Ideally for europe, I'd like to see the actual tendance implemented in the first years of the game, with the German bundesliga becoming more and more attractive, and who could be potentially the strongest league in europe very soon.

    - Players' agents : will there be real licensed agent names, agents' companies and their respective lists of players ?

    sorry if it was already asked and thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

  82. #382
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th January 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Player Unique ID's the same? dont fancy re-making all them facepacks, god no!

  83. #383
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th May 2007
    Location
    You knew all along, GODDAMIT! What you wouldn't tell me well look at you NOOOOWWW!!!
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Will the 25 man Premier League registration be fixed?

  84. #384
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Any chance that previous saves from Fm2010 up to the start of the 2010/2011 season on Fm2011. Or would that not work.

  85. #385
    Lurker
    Join Date
    12th August 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Thanks Great work S.I

  86. #386
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    Leiria
    Posts
    2,293

    Default

    some one offer vodka to miles please

    ( i hope someone gets why i said this )

  87. #387
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th December 2007
    Location
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big black bear7 View Post
    Any chance that previous saves from Fm2010 up to the start of the 2010/2011 season on Fm2011. Or would that not work.
    It wont work.

  88. #388
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    23rd July 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anakin1975 View Post
    Will the 25 man Premier League registration be fixed?
    Why what's wrong with it now?

  89. #389
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Damn he said this is going to be out before Christmas..... Jesus. When did this thing drop last year. Wasn't it around October? I hope that in a full viewed game with no skipping it actually plays more realistic. With the addition of emotion into the game does this mean that we will actually see why players sometimes get a yellow then a red? To me some of the gameplay that we saw doesn't represent what really happens on a football pitch. I know it was very short and there will be more to come, but more or less it looked like the same thing as last year. Will there be information inbound about how games viewed in full game mode will be? Last year they weren't that great and for me that is what I like to do as it gives me a good idea of how players are getting on out there and what I might need to change.
    Last edited by Hauler24; 12-08-2010 at 21:49.

  90. #390
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010
    Posts
    22,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ism-scfc View Post
    Right, shall we sort this? I am (almost) a referee, so have a copy of the laws of the game handy. I did wonder when they would become useful!
    !
    I am a full referee

    Good luck.

  91. #391
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    12th July 2008
    Posts
    2,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    I am a full referee

    Good luck.


    Just need to do the six games as part of the course, and then I will be too. Local leagues are crap though, and they try and keep new refs away from them, so that's me heading over to Bolton and Rochdale every sunday

  92. #392
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd June 2008
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    407

    Default

    don't want to pour water on the champagne and i am as always looking forward to the new game but just wondered if the celebrations are just a demo or will they be improved. I don't think i've seen a team celebrate individually and not in a group as a team.

    Still it's only a minor detail I'd much rather being able to change kits for away games and at the end of the season.

  93. #393
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chesterfan2 View Post
    Will known expansions of leagues be included or not ? Specifically I'm thinking about the MLS, which has stated it will expand to 20 teams by 2012, with teams being added in Seattle (2009), Philedelphia (2010), Portland and Vancouver in 2011 and Montreal in 2012, with one more as yet unconfirmed team, thought to be a reformed New York Cosmos, also joining in 2012. It would be a challenge to take a newly formed team to success.
    Probably not, unless SI have gotten the licenses for all those teams to join the league at those dates...and somehow managed to code all that in the game without it being bugged.

    I'll be happy to have the current teams with the right squad regulations (guaranteed contracts for most players and up to 3 DPs to name a few different rules) and good AI MLS management in FM11...

  94. #394
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th November 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Fantastic. I've been a huge advocate for the dynamic league reputation on the wishlist and I think (I hope) that this could add 20-30 years to a game for me. Question: For example, If I get Scotland up to 5star league reputation, does that mean that there is more chance of Scottish wonderkid regens? i.e. can you make a country not only the best league, but the best footballing nation?

    Cheers.

  95. #395
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Popider View Post
    Fantastic. I've been a huge advocate for the dynamic league reputation on the wishlist and I think (I hope) that this could add 20-30 years to a game for me. Question: For example, If I get Scotland up to 5star league reputation, does that mean that there is more chance of Scottish wonderkid regens? i.e. can you make a country not only the best league, but the best footballing nation?

    Cheers.
    I'd imagine that would follow, if indirectly - higher reputations, higher prize money, better financed-clubs, resulting in better youth facilities, resulting in better youngsters, eventually resulting in a better footballing nation...

  96. #396
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Love the announcement Miles! Only thing that would make it better (for me anyways) are the additional tiers under MLS in North America and all MLS teams shown in the MLS. Keep it up!

  97. #397
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th August 2009
    Location
    Giuseppe Meazza, San Siro
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hauler24 View Post
    Damn he said this is going to be out before Christmas..... Jesus. When did this thing drop last year. Wasn't it around October? I hope that in a full viewed game with no skipping it actually plays more realistic. With the addition of emotion into the game does this mean that we will actually see why players sometimes get a yellow then a red? To me some of the gameplay that we saw doesn't represent what really happens on a football pitch. I know it was very short and there will be more to come, but more or less it looked like the same thing as last year. Will there be information inbound about how games viewed in full game mode will be? Last year they weren't that great and for me that is what I like to do as it gives me a good idea of how players are getting on out there and what I might need to change.
    in 2-3 weeks - probably - will be the official release date, but, be quiet, will be last days of october or first days of november.

  98. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    31st May 2009
    Posts
    470

    Default

    I'd like to be able to do more things in the editor,

    like adding/removing league rules, for example the number of non-eu players allowed each season, number of foreigners allowed in each team (used to be 3 only in Serie A for example), salary cap etc etc

    will you be able to create a world super league whilst keeping all the other leagues going as normal and having teams move in and drop out each season? (as oppposed to currently adding the teams into a single national league).

    I'm guessing none of this, but you never know.

  99. #399
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    Why what's wrong with it now?
    Shirt numbers cannot be assigned to players outside of the 25. Ideally we could do with shirt numbers and the 25 man squad being separate, like the Champions League registration.

  100. #400
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2008
    Posts
    465

    Default

    A great 30th Birthday present would be if you guys could release this on Friday 1st of October, so I can play it all day on my birthday (Saturday 2nd).

    Thanks in advance.

    Anthony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts