Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• SI Staff

YouTube video, including screenshots and match engine footage can be found at

More screenshots are at http://footballmanager.com/index.php?p=games

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011 UNVEILED

Sports Interactive Confirm Football Manager 2011 Release This Year

LONDON (August 11th, 2010) – Sports Interactive & SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Football Manager™ 2011 for PC and Apple Macintosh, and Football Manager Handheld™ 2011 for Sony PlayStation® Portable will be released before Christmas 2010. FM2011 will feature more new features than ever before, including real-time contract negotiation, a revamped training system and a number of match engine improvements, Football Manager 2011 will once again raise the bar for football management games.

Football Manager 2011 is the latest iteration of the award-winning Football Manager series. Selling in excess of 6 Million copies worldwide, Football Manager has been topping the UK PC charts for the last five years.

Football Manager 2011 will be more polished than ever this year, and Sports Interactive will again set a new standard for the genre by adding a host of new features. For the first time ever, aspiring managers can now negotiate contracts with players in real time. And by working with a multitude of real-life football agents, Sports Interactive gained an insight as to how these negotiations can be made as realistic as possible in-game. Prepare to meet different types of agents in your contract talks; each with their own personality so will therefore need a different approach.

“At Sports Interactive, we always strive to give the end-user the best experience possible,” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “The training system for example has always been the best we thought it could be, until now. We’ve found a way to make it even better!”

With the implementation of the most intuitive training system in the series history, there is a new “match preparation” area of training so that managers can give their team specific areas to focus on in the lead up to a match. There are also more basic training schedules for players, and 14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players

on.

Interaction with players, staff and the board have gone to a whole new level, with a host of new boardroom and backroom requests, a new player interaction module that allows the manager to have private conversations with players, as well as public conversations regarding players at other clubs.

Two years after the launch of the 3D Match Engine, players will see a number of improvements implemented for this year’s release. With over 100 new animations added, as well as more player emotions, new player models, new stadiums, pitch textures, improved lighting, floodlit night matches, more goal celebrations and lots of other extras which improve what was already the best match simulation on the market.

The other new features announced today include a revamped media module, which will keep the managers better up to date with events going on in their football world, as well as being more customisable than ever before, and the most requested feature that the Sports Interactive community have asked for in the last few years, dynamic league reputation, which makes for an even more realistic model of the footballing world.

Further new features will be announced via Twitter (@si_games), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/officialfootballmanager), a series of blogs and the popular Football Manager Podcast in the months leading up to the game’s release. With more new features than anyone could ever fit in a press release, Football Manager will retain its position as the most realistic, most played, annually best selling, and highest reviewed football management simulation in the world.

PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE ONLY THE FIRST FEATURES TO BE ANNOUNCED FOR THE GAME AND IS IN NO WAY A FULL, OR EVEN NEARLY FULL, FEATURE LIST.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE - discussions that aren't about what was announced today, or questions about things that haven't been announced today, will be completely ignored, so it's pointless posting them. Thank you for your understanding.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players on.

Really pleased to see this included, especially as it was one of my suggestions :cool:

the most requested feature that the Sports Interactive community have asked for in the last few years, dynamic league reputation, which makes for an even more realistic model of the footballing world.

This is pretty big news, it is certainly going to get me thinking about what sort of game I'll be playing with FM2011.

Must say I am delighted with the prospect of Dynamic League Rep, and glad that Training has been revamped (as it's something I don't usually bother with!)

Also, really intrigued to see how this 'conversational' style will work...

All in all, I am now ridiculously excited about the release!!!

3d match engine looks brilliant, the added celebrations are great!

Training looks very good, this is one of the things I didn't like about FM10 and it's great to see it improved.

Dynamic League Reputation, wow SI you just pleased a whole lot of people :D

Also the player interaction and contract negotiations looks terrific.

Can't wait for FM10 now :D

• SI Staff
When can we pre-order a copy ?

Also love the 3d engine and the way the crowd now cheers

You should be able to pre-order now from most retailers. I don't know if digital pre-orders are live yet though.

Wow, so much new stuff, basically almost everything i've wished for in FM 11 is going to be added! I only hope for much improved editor and i'm totally happy!

There's still a LOT more to announce, both big and small.

Great news - very nice indeed. Miles doesn't suit bright red. Other than that, I'm very impressed! ;)

/Makes note to not wear bright red any more. Or not.

Anyone know any good online shops where I can pre-order it from ? ideally these online shops are located in UK so I can get my copy sooner

You should be able to get the game in Australia at the same time as in the UK. The quickest way to get it would be digitally through Steam, as the "midnight UK launch time" ends up being just after midday the day before in Oz...

Guest markyosullivan

I'm scared that all these improvements to 3D match view means that I won't be able to play FM2011. :( I've got a fairly basic home destop pc. :( And I can't afford to improve it cause I'm 16 and don't have a part time job. :(

Small to big club challenge surely? ;)

Of course, but where in the World? :D

After watching the video, it is great to see the amount of improvements that have come directly from the forums. Numerous times I was thinking back to discussions that have taken place here when listening to Miles talk about the improvements and new features.

This feature announcement has pretty much everything I could have hoped for. If you've pulled it off, you could probably just stop making Football Manager. I hope the ME is genuinely improved, and bugs are minimal. Seriously, sounds great.

I'm glad to see that the contract talks have been improved. Very pleased to see more options when trying to sign a player. I just hope that when you have an offer negotiated and you refuse the offer that the AI doesnt come back with a higher offer as currently happens.

I quite like the look of the player interactions too.

• SI Staff
I'm scared that all these improvements to 3D match view means that I won't be able to play FM2011. :( I've got a fairly basic home destop pc. :( And I can't afford to improve it cause I'm 16 and don't have a part time job. :(

If you were able to play FM10, you should be fine with FM11, although that will be confirmed after we do compatibility testing next month.

Hello, game looks great.

We are a video game media group trying to contact someone, but the email contact that is posted came back as Delivery Status Notification (Failure). Could someone please PM me some contact info.

Thank you,

Wade Hinkle

If you mean you are a gaming website that wants to talk PR, then please contact your local SEGA PR rep or SEGA distributor representative.

If you are looking to sell adverts or do partnerships, then please contact your local SEGA marketing rep or SEGA distributor representative.

Some fantastic announcements there! :)

Particularly pleased about a new training system and contract negotiations. Hopefully this will work as well as we all hope it will. I'm sure dynamic league reputation will please many too, though I haven't really been bothered much with it myself. Being able to sit down with players looked really promising too. So frustrating to suddenly see unhappy players, or to not even chat with players being tapped up by other club.

Can't wait to try all this stuff out :)

Lots of good-sounding stuff here :thup:

Also I'm delighted about what is said about contracts and negotiations. All of that is spot on :)

Now let's hope that the effects of the dynamic league reputation are not overly big and, just as an example, allow Austria to become a top 5 league...

Unfortunately I didn't manage to see a lot of specific new stuff in the footage. The stadia are obviously better now and creating more atmosphere, but what else should I have been able to spot on there which I missed?

Guest markyosullivan

And thanks for clearing that up. I was scared I wasn't gonna be able to play the best sports game out for PC. :|

Could we maybe see a PS3 FM sometime soon? ;)

Very, very good work guys.

You have listened to what the people want and looks like you have delivered a lot of the features people wanted in.

Dynamic league reputation will mean I will now be able to play abroad, as it was the main thing stopping me playing in smaller leagues abroad.

I am very impressed and look forward to playing what could be the best (hopefully!) FM to date.

:thup:

Archived