Why are Liverpool so bad?

Firstly im not a Liverpool fan, I support my local Sutton Utd!

But why are Liverpool so crap in this version, I know they have been going through some bad times recently but I think they always finish in the top 4. (last few seasons anyway - good old Prem history on FM icon_biggrin.gif)

They always seem to miss out on Champs League in 1st season then go down hill from there, 6-10th second season etc. etc. (I know money would drop but still)

Anyone else have this in there game? or is it just me?? icon_confused.gif

But why are Liverpool so crap in this version, I know they have been going through some bad times recently but I think they always finish in the top 4. (last few seasons anyway - good old Prem history on FM icon_biggrin.gif)

They always seem to miss out on Champs League in 1st season then go down hill from there, 6-10th second season etc. etc. (I know money would drop but still)

Anyone else have this in there game? or is it just me?? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by griders:

Anyone else have this in there game? or is it just me?? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, I've heard of them being relegated after only a few season

Also worth noting that while they may have a hefty bank balance, they have huge debt repayments to make, so if in the game they miss out on the CL even for one season, it could be disastrous for them.

Bit like Rl actually lol, make or break season for them this in a way.

We only have players (and a manager) that are interested in one thing...The champions league. We can't beat barnsley or even wigan - no offence. However we can beat an italian giant unbeaten since september in all competitions - explain that.

Maybe on fm Liverpool tend to do well in the champions league (when they reach it) rather than the premiership? They do on mine anyway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Yeah finished 5th on mine! First season after the patch! Not viewing that in full detail though so could be down to that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my book this is as realistic as it gets

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by griders:

But why are Liverpool so crap in this version </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because they are IRL, icon_biggrin.gif hehe Barnsley 2-1 L'pool... proves my point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fmhero2001:

We only have players (and a manager) that are interested in one thing...The champions league. We can't beat barnsley or even wigan - no offence. However we can beat an italian giant unbeaten since september in all competitions - explain that.

Maybe on fm Liverpool tend to do well in the champions league (when they reach it) rather than the premiership? They do on mine anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you watched the Barnsley game though, How Liverpool didn't win by a landslide is a mystery that can only be associated with the F.A Cup

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saulty2805:

because they are IRL, icon_biggrin.gif hehe Barnsley 2-1 L'pool... proves my point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps Coventry are better than Man United as well after they beat them in the Carling Cup icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone else have this in there game? or is it just me?? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top of the league in my game, and I am Man U.

Its also called football. There were elements of luck against Inter Milan, and to be fair to any Liverpool fans here, the game should have been sewn up way before the last 5 minutes. Likewise as Wiliam said, it defies logic how Liverpool did not murder Barnsley.

But thats the beautiful game and I feel that FM recreates that perfectly, one day you lose in the cup to a team like Barnsley, few days later you beat Inter Milan hehe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fmhero2001:

Maybe on fm Liverpool tend to do well in the champions league (when they reach it) rather than the premiership? They do on mine anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you watched the Barnsley game though, How Liverpool didn't win by a landslide is a mystery that can only be associated with the F.A Cup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i seen the amount of chances we had, same old story with liverpool in these situations though, lots of chances but nothing to show for it. We made a distinctly average keeper look world class. All credit to Steele though, he didn't half have a good day

Fair points and I agree with alot, but havin looked at my saved games only once have they finished in top 4 (3rd) in first season, and I have alot of saved games!! icon_wink.gif

They do have fantastic players and should make top 4 on at least half of my saves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

Why don't they have any transfer funds after the 802 patch? Im sure they had some before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

playing as liverpool with 802 they start with about 24 mill pounds,.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">playing as liverpool with 802 they start with about 24 mill pounds,. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not on mine they dont. I cant even ask for funds as this option is greyed out.

In my game by feb 09 liverpool were onto their 4th manager. Rafa lasted one season, Javier Aguirre lasted until Dec 08, Juande Ramos lasted until Feb 09 when Van Gaal came in.

From Rafa leaving (6th in EPL) to Van Gaal coming in liverpool looked like getting relegated. van gaal pulled them from 18th to 12th and they won the Uefa cup

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">playing as liverpool with 802 they start with about 24 mill pounds,. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not on mine they dont. I cant even ask for funds as this option is greyed out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was surprised at the transfer money because they didn't have that much in 801 i'm sure. but there it was.

still couldn't buy anyone though. one went off to arsenal and another went to chelsea. but i'm still looking to spend it.

well on my game (which is bias towards newcastle but thats a differ topic all together) they allways start crap with rafa the rotater, then a new manager comes in some world class manager ive never heard of aguirie or something like that and they become title contenders.

Hes a very good manager he sold voronin and kuyt for like 3 mil which made me laugh and bought a striker that new what it felt to score goals.

Not on mine they dont. I cant even ask for funds as this option is greyed out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably have transfer budgets disallowed in the first window.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saulty2805:

because they are IRL, icon_biggrin.gif hehe Barnsley 2-1 L'pool... proves my point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps Coventry are better than Man United as well after they beat them in the Carling Cup icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liverpool did however have a very good team out. Man Utd didn't.

Liverpool do usually underachieve on my games too. So too do Chelsea (which annoys the hell out of me).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You probably have transfer budgets disallowed in the first window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I'll just wait until January. Should hopefully get some money then.

Nice to see that im not the only one that has this!!

Decided to have a go myself and have just finished my first season.......and finished 5th!! lol. Im using the same tatic that has won me many leagues with my beloved Sutton Utd icon_biggrin.gif (inc the prem - a few seasons down the line granted), Inter Milan, At. Madrid, Betis and Parma to name a few.

Not sure what this proves but it is interesting!! icon_wink.gif

Could it be in the coding? Is FM not random? Any ideas?? icon_confused.gif

Archived