Chairman game ???

You can't play a chairman game, only pretend to.

Create a new game & go on holiday let your ass man do stuff. Hire n Fire them as if they are managers.

PS If they do bad the REAL chairman will sack YOU.

I think you need to stick to Fifa Manager if you want to build stadiums and change hot dog prices mate!

:thup:

What is it with everyone wanting to be Chairmen instead of Managers? Sometimes I think it's because it's a higher position/more power, etc. Maybe these threads should really read like this:

hi, im no good at football manager and i heard you can do a chairman game and id love this to be honest !

Can you explain how i can ? please and thanks

What is it with everyone wanting to be Chairmen instead of Managers? Sometimes I think it's because it's a higher position/more power, etc. Maybe these threads should really read like this:

Exactly. Chairman is a very limited role. Essentially you give money to your manager when he needs it. "Bank Manager 2011" will be released soon for people who enjoy this, with "Post Office Mistress 2011" hot on it's heels. "Social Benefit 2011", however, has been shelved.

Just because someone likes the business side of things doesn't mean it's because they're "no good" at the hands-on jobs below them. It's just a different area of interest.

Unfortunately for those who like the business aspects (and there's far more to it than giving some cash to a manager every once in a while), Football Manager isn't that type of game. FIFA Manager is probably the best bet, as cruyff14 said.

I'm hoping SI team up with EA Sports and incorporate Tiger Woods into FM, then you can be chairman and have a few rounds of golf whenever you like to stop you getting too bored.

Now that's an idea. But I think I'd want a super car showroom too, so I, as the fabulously wealthy chairman (because we're not going to start as chairman of Northwich Victoria now are we) could buy myself a Bugatti Veyron whenever I wanted. It would be good if I could choose the colour too. And drive it.

So can we include Need for Speed as well ? And if it got a bit much codewise we could always drop the football bit couldn't we ?

Originally Posted by AlexMurray10

hi, im no good at football manager and i heard you can do a chairman game and id love this to be honest !

Can you explain how i can ? please and thanks[/

I think what they really mean, jimbob, is that they want to play at being fabulously wealthy. Think of the Power ! Think of the Glory ! What would I feel like if I could afford to buy Messi ?. They should go and buy The Game of Life and satisfy their dreams of wealth that way.

In answer to the original question, i dont know how you could set one up, you really have two options, either:

1. Look through different settings on editor and look for any way to give the manager more control over the other sections of the club, or something along those lines.

2. Be a really wealthy club and then you will be in control of a hefty amount of funds which could i guess give you more options on ways to spend your money.

Hope that helps :)

Andy

I would like to see some sort of chairman game if it was well done.

You could start off with as much money as you wanted and buy a club, the less money you start with the harder it is ofc. You could have differant repution levels. Are you a die hard supporter with a bit of money looking to buy his beloved club, are you a local bussiness man buying his local club and dreaming of big things. Are you a sugar daddy just looking for something to do with your millions. Or are you a bussiness man looking to man as much money as you can.

The relationship with the manager would be key, not selling your best players, giving him money for players ect. Do you take your chances on a less experianced manager or spend more money on a experianced proven manager. Trying to keep hold of your manager if he is doing well.

Your finances, do you take a loan out and try make the club better but if things go wrong you could end up bankrupt. You would be in charge of merchendising, ticket prices, sponsership, tv deals.

Buying and selling players, chairman play a big part in this and more often then not get the final say. Would you interfare in transfares or let the manager do his job.

Your relationship with the fans, will they love you or hate you

Buying and selling clubs, your club is doing well and making profit. Its value has increased do you sell it for a big profit and try buy a bigger club or do you stay and carry on the good work.

Investers do you let people invest in your club for a % of the clubs profits or do you put your club on the stock market.

Thats just some of the aspects of been a chairman, would make a intresting game imo and you would have just as much to do if not more then been a manager. And plus unlike in football manager there could be a game over, if you went bankrupt and lost all your money, which would add extra pressure to do well and make your choices more important.

That would be a good idea, gives the game a fresh idea if people get bored of managing... although hold on, this is Football MANAGER lol

If this were to happen it would be a totally different game, its a waste of memory to put on the disk :L

Football Manager means you are managing football. Being manager of club/nation isn't the only way you can manage it. I love how ****ing silly ***** some of u are and can't ****ing accept this great idea. Wouldn't it be fun to give your manager 100billion budget while you have 5 thousand in the bank and do Leeds/Wimbledon? **** you if you don't.

Some of you need to do some thinking before you say something. You belittle the idea of pretending to be a chairman, and how corny and unworthy that would be. What are you guys doing when you play FM? Pretending you're a world class football manager, with those little circles obeying your every downloaded command.

I don't know... sounds pretty similar.

Football Manager and Football Chairman would be 2 completely different games. FM is about managing a football team but FC would be a business game, so I would hope that SI keep away from it because it isn't about Sport!

Maybe if the CM series create a chairman game we may lost all these people dominating the forums calling for it. Although they would soon be crawling back because if CM made it, fair to say it would be horrendous?

Archived