+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Chairman game ???

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th August 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5

    Default Chairman game ???

    hi, im new to football manager and i heard you can do a chairman game and id love this to be honest !
    Can you explain how i can ? please and thanks

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th August 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Anybody please ?

  3. #3
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    10,978

    Default

    challenges, sign ups and experiments mate ill explain more. if you go to ollies chairman game version 2. (it has 16 pages). if thats what your after.

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th August 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    challenges, sign ups and experiments mate ill explain more. if you go to ollies chairman game version 2. (it has 16 pages). if thats what your after.
    just wanted to know how to set 1 up, not join one ?

  5. #5
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    10,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMurray10 View Post
    just wanted to know how to set 1 up, not join one ?
    o right i dont know then mate.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th August 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs up

    alri thanks anway !

  7. #7
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    You can't play a chairman game, only pretend to.
    Create a new game & go on holiday let your ass man do stuff. Hire n Fire them as if they are managers.

    PS If they do bad the REAL chairman will sack YOU.

  8. #8
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    19th October 2006
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    If you're new to "Football Manager", why on earth are you not managing? Wanting to be a Chairman is pretty desperate stuff.

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2009
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWaRFeGa View Post
    If you're new to "Football Manager", why on earth are you not managing? Wanting to be a Chairman is pretty desperate stuff.
    its not desperate. its fun

  10. #10
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    19th October 2006
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    its not desperate. its fun
    To each their own...

  11. #11
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th March 2006
    Location
    Andre Pirlo's beard
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    I think you need to stick to Fifa Manager if you want to build stadiums and change hot dog prices mate!

  12. #12
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    20th November 2008
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cruyff14 View Post
    I think you need to stick to Fifa Manager if you want to build stadiums and change hot dog prices mate!


    What is it with everyone wanting to be Chairmen instead of Managers? Sometimes I think it's because it's a higher position/more power, etc. Maybe these threads should really read like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMurray10 View Post
    hi, im no good at football manager and i heard you can do a chairman game and id love this to be honest !
    Can you explain how i can ? please and thanks

  13. #13
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    19th October 2006
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimbobWWFC View Post


    What is it with everyone wanting to be Chairmen instead of Managers? Sometimes I think it's because it's a higher position/more power, etc. Maybe these threads should really read like this:
    Exactly. Chairman is a very limited role. Essentially you give money to your manager when he needs it. "Bank Manager 2011" will be released soon for people who enjoy this, with "Post Office Mistress 2011" hot on it's heels. "Social Benefit 2011", however, has been shelved.

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th November 2006
    Location
    AFC Telford. League 2. 12/13
    Posts
    72

    Default

    good one jim bob!!

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st June 2004
    Location
    ehmtheblueline.com
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimbobWWFC View Post


    What is it with everyone wanting to be Chairmen instead of Managers? Sometimes I think it's because it's a higher position/more power, etc. Maybe these threads should really read like this:
    Just because someone likes the business side of things doesn't mean it's because they're "no good" at the hands-on jobs below them. It's just a different area of interest.

    Unfortunately for those who like the business aspects (and there's far more to it than giving some cash to a manager every once in a while), Football Manager isn't that type of game. FIFA Manager is probably the best bet, as cruyff14 said.

  16. #16
    Third Team
    Join Date
    11th October 2005
    Location
    Rock>>Me<<Hard Place
    Posts
    8,091

    Default

    I'm hoping SI team up with EA Sports and incorporate Tiger Woods into FM, then you can be chairman and have a few rounds of golf whenever you like to stop you getting too bored.

  17. #17
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    25th April 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,464

    Default

    Chairman Manager is that way --------------------------------------------->

    Un Intellects will be here with Football Manager

  18. #18
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    3rd May 2002
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    3,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenco View Post
    I'm hoping SI team up with EA Sports and incorporate Tiger Woods into FM, then you can be chairman and have a few rounds of golf whenever you like to stop you getting too bored.
    Now that's an idea. But I think I'd want a super car showroom too, so I, as the fabulously wealthy chairman (because we're not going to start as chairman of Northwich Victoria now are we) could buy myself a Bugatti Veyron whenever I wanted. It would be good if I could choose the colour too. And drive it.

    So can we include Need for Speed as well ? And if it got a bit much codewise we could always drop the football bit couldn't we ?
    Last edited by chesterfan2; 10-08-2010 at 12:51.

  19. #19
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    3rd May 2002
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    3,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimbobWWFC View Post


    What is it with everyone wanting to be Chairmen instead of Managers? Sometimes I think it's because it's a higher position/more power, etc. Maybe these threads should really read like this:

    Originally Posted by AlexMurray10
    hi, im no good at football manager and i heard you can do a chairman game and id love this to be honest !
    Can you explain how i can ? please and thanks
    [/
    I think what they really mean, jimbob, is that they want to play at being fabulously wealthy. Think of the Power ! Think of the Glory ! What would I feel like if I could afford to buy Messi ?. They should go and buy The Game of Life (TM) and satisfy their dreams of wealth that way.

  20. #20
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    1st May 2003
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    its not desperate. its fun
    I beg to differ - how boring this would be!

  21. #21
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2009
    Location
    Fleet, Hampshire
    Posts
    702

    Default

    In answer to the original question, i dont know how you could set one up, you really have two options, either:

    1. Look through different settings on editor and look for any way to give the manager more control over the other sections of the club, or something along those lines.

    2. Be a really wealthy club and then you will be in control of a hefty amount of funds which could i guess give you more options on ways to spend your money.

    Hope that helps

    Andy

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th August 2006
    Posts
    529

    Default

    I would like to see some sort of chairman game if it was well done.

    You could start off with as much money as you wanted and buy a club, the less money you start with the harder it is ofc. You could have differant repution levels. Are you a die hard supporter with a bit of money looking to buy his beloved club, are you a local bussiness man buying his local club and dreaming of big things. Are you a sugar daddy just looking for something to do with your millions. Or are you a bussiness man looking to man as much money as you can.

    The relationship with the manager would be key, not selling your best players, giving him money for players ect. Do you take your chances on a less experianced manager or spend more money on a experianced proven manager. Trying to keep hold of your manager if he is doing well.

    Your finances, do you take a loan out and try make the club better but if things go wrong you could end up bankrupt. You would be in charge of merchendising, ticket prices, sponsership, tv deals.

    Buying and selling players, chairman play a big part in this and more often then not get the final say. Would you interfare in transfares or let the manager do his job.

    Your relationship with the fans, will they love you or hate you

    Buying and selling clubs, your club is doing well and making profit. Its value has increased do you sell it for a big profit and try buy a bigger club or do you stay and carry on the good work.

    Investers do you let people invest in your club for a % of the clubs profits or do you put your club on the stock market.

    Thats just some of the aspects of been a chairman, would make a intresting game imo and you would have just as much to do if not more then been a manager. And plus unlike in football manager there could be a game over, if you went bankrupt and lost all your money, which would add extra pressure to do well and make your choices more important.
    Last edited by moomoomoo; 10-08-2010 at 21:57.

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2009
    Location
    Fleet, Hampshire
    Posts
    702

    Default

    That would be a good idea, gives the game a fresh idea if people get bored of managing... although hold on, this is Football MANAGER lol

    If this were to happen it would be a totally different game, its a waste of memory to put on the disk :L

  24. #24
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2009
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Football Manager means you are managing football. Being manager of club/nation isn't the only way you can manage it. I love how ****ing silly ***** some of u are and can't ****ing accept this great idea. Wouldn't it be fun to give your manager 100billion budget while you have 5 thousand in the bank and do Leeds/Wimbledon? **** you if you don't.

  25. #25
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2009
    Location
    Fleet, Hampshire
    Posts
    702

    Default

    LOL at Quads :L

    I presume you were refering to the ppl commenting before me, as mine was a fair comment, but if you were, screw you! :P

    Seriously tho, calm down, its a game forum haha

    Andy

  26. #26
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    33,051

    Default

    Keep the discussion on topic and without insults please

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st June 2004
    Location
    ehmtheblueline.com
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Some of you need to do some thinking before you say something. You belittle the idea of pretending to be a chairman, and how corny and unworthy that would be. What are you guys doing when you play FM? Pretending you're a world class football manager, with those little circles obeying your every downloaded command.

    I don't know... sounds pretty similar.

  28. #28
    Third Team
    Join Date
    11th October 2005
    Location
    Rock>>Me<<Hard Place
    Posts
    8,091

    Default

    Football Manager and Football Chairman would be 2 completely different games. FM is about managing a football team but FC would be a business game, so I would hope that SI keep away from it because it isn't about Sport!

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimbobWWFC View Post


    What is it with everyone wanting to be Chairmen instead of Managers? Sometimes I think it's because it's a higher position/more power, etc. Maybe these threads should really read like this:
    haha, brilliant!

  30. #30
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th July 2008
    Location
    Southport F.C - Premiership Winners 2064 - All products of the youth academy.
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Maybe if the CM series create a chairman game we may lost all these people dominating the forums calling for it. Although they would soon be crawling back because if CM made it, fair to say it would be horrendous?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts