Now that's what I call dominating a match..

Never experienced total domination like this in a match before. Not even a single cross attempted by the opposing team, too bad i didn't score a bit more. Anyone else had a match like this before? I've played FM for years and years now, but have never had a match like this.shutout.png

I know, and the crosses completed % is not displayed either, so i guess that means they never even tried one cross. I've been playing FM for about ten years now and i've never been able to completely shut an opposing team down like this.

It happened to me once in CM03/04, with Gillingham against Nottingham Forest. We had 43 shots while they failed to have a single one

Or... playing a friendly match with just one shot in 90 minutes... between both teams... and it wasn't a goal

I disagree aussieant32, it's not that difficult to achieve depending on your opposition. When playing lesser teams in the league and FA cups I normally heavily dominate games like this. I have had quite a few games where the opposition couldn't even get passed the halfway line after kick off.

FMRTE and Genie Scout?! Surely not...

Nope, same team played the same opposition 3 days later in the cup and only won 3-2 after extra time. And like i said, i have never in many years of playing FM seen an opposing team even fail to take a shot or attempt a cross. Heracles weren't even performing that bad in the league either (11th place), so it's not like it's playing an amateur side in the cup either. I wouldn't have posted this if i thought it was a normal thing to happen in playing lesser opposition.

Nope, same team played the same opposition 3 days later in the cup and only won 3-2 after extra time. And like i said, i have never in many years of playing FM seen an opposing team even fail to take a shot or attempt a cross. Heracles weren't even performing that bad in the league either (11th place), so it's not like it's playing an amateur side in the cup either. I wouldn't have posted this if i thought it was a normal thing to happen in playing lesser opposition.

He's referring to the icons on your taskbar...

As the title suggests it means they didn't complete a cross, not that they didn't attempt one.

That's what i thought too, but then why doesn't it just say 0% then? There is a dash there as in not applicable, rather than 0%, it could still be that it does mean zero percent completed, but the dash made me think it was none attempted either.

I disagree aussieant32, it's not that difficult to achieve depending on your opposition. When playing lesser teams in the league and FA cups I normally heavily dominate games like this. I have had quite a few games where the opposition couldn't even get passed the halfway line after kick off.

just not a fan of posting achievments when they are using an editor tool...

just not a fan of posting achievments when they are using an editor tool...

Yes i do use fmrte, but only to keep the game interesting long term. As many know the newgen system leaves something to be desired. Especially when playing in Holland i go through newgens at the beginning of each season and make sure there are some prospects at some Dutch clubs. I hate playing against a team full of aging Brazilians and other South Americans 10 seasons into a game. If you want to i can send you some screenshots of my team, it hasn't changed much since i started and besides winning the Dutch league i haven't won much.

Yes i do use fmrte, but only to keep the game interesting long term. As many know the newgen system leaves something to be desired. Especially when playing in Holland i go through newgens at the beginning of each season and make sure there are some prospects at some Dutch clubs. I hate playing against a team full of aging Brazilians and other South Americans 10 seasons into a game. If you want to i can send you some screenshots of my team, it hasn't changed much since i started and besides winning the Dutch league i haven't won much.

id rather you didnt....

just one of my gripes is people editing the game to cheat. No offence intended, it is your saver after all...

what exactly is wrong with the newgen system anyway to make it needed to be edited? I am 20 seasons in with Wolves and have 16 different nationalities in my squad of 25, all very good players and not one of them are a 'real' player?

I find alot of people dont know what to look for in newgen, there is a post about a 14 year old who is class but everyone is saying "he isnt string enough, he cant jump enough" you have to realise that 14-15 year olds are not going to world beaters.....

Playing as Porto I have had 5 or 6 games this season (in Feb) where the opposition has had no shots/crosses etc... The match stats always look wrong because it's usually like 20-25 shots to 0, but 65% possession to the opposition. We always win by 2 or 3 but I can't tweak the tactics so that we keep the ball better (I even use retain possession once 2 goals up).

On a side note I have 6 games against Sporting Lisbon in under a month coming up, has anyone had anything like that because it looks ridiculous on the fixture screen. Not looking forward to it as my only meeting with them so far ended 4-1 to them.

I once had to play Chelsea 4 times in a fortnight as Man U, Prem, Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg, FA Cup and Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg

I almost did that with Galatasaray agains Gaziantepspor but they had 1 shot on target, 1 shot off target, 2 shots blocked and I somehow still lost because their shot on target was a 30-yard goal

I had an enemy side take 0 shots on goal and the news article said my team was "almost embarassed" now admitedly, we only won 1-0 and from a penalty, despite 24 shots from us, but they didnt even get a shot on goal! how'd that be almost embarassed?.

Archived