Your best ever signing.

Personally, my best ever transfer dea was in a recent game. Start of Summer 2009 as Rangers FC. Bought Carlos Cuellar from Aston Villa for 48 month monthlyinstallments for £15million SPL record. Just 6 months later Cuellar is off to Manchester United for an astonishing £20 million. Could not even play as he had played for both Villa and me. It is either that or the prolific Salvador Cabanas.

For value for money would have to be John Guidetti on a free, great player and always does a job for me.

James Rodriguez is up there as well bought him for 2.6Mil from Schalke and he has been immense, could probably sell him for 25 mil now I reckon.

I brought a re-gen called dave webster for 500k, sold for 15 million. Have a mitko alexsiev, re gen, who I brought for 65k and have offers for 7.5million im considering.

Best of all though is probably a re-gen AMC I brought for 12.75mn at 17 who has gone on to score about 40 and assist 30 a season and has won a clean sweep of awards the past few years (world footballers of the year, european footballer of the year and midfielder of the year)

Some regen called Marco Petrović. He was an AM/F C and I'm not kidding when I say he turned out to be the best attacking midfielder and striker in the world - at least in my eyes. I was after a creative striker and found this guy at Verona who had a decent scoring record (if nothing special) and I snapped him up for £9.5m intending for him to become a backup/rotation sort of player. He turned out to be a very professional player however and his attributes skyrocketed with my superior training facilities and coaches, and most importantly he started banging them in for fun. In addition he was an outrageous set-piece taker and he regularly scored free-kicks. In the end he became the best striker I've ever had and was the sort of striker who would give you around 40-50 goals per season on a consistent basis. Goals weren't his only strength of course - he was a playmaker extraordinare. I would get him to play in the hole where he would continue to play key passes with aplomb, dart around the box for loose balls and score from distance. He combined and did well with any combination of forwards I had - a rarity. So in addition to 30-50 goals per season he sometimes got around 20 assists, none of them corners, per season. One game he destroyed his former team Verona, scoring 4 goals and setting up the other 4, and he missed a couple of easy chances too.

Arguably the best player I've ever had, let alone the best signing - at a bargain price of £9.5m with a manager that hated me too.

best buy was dzeko for man u........(crazy thing is I offered £35m in transfer window and got turned down a few weeks after window closed wolsburg offered him for £25m)

regen sanchez from madrid..a c.d.(thats not cross dresser....well he might be !!) got him scouted signed him for £1.4m when he was 16................he got capped for spain a year later!!!!

Dawid Janczyk.

Paid him 4.5M and he has scored 197 league goals in 8 1/2 seasons [270 including national cup and European Cups]

Despite having brought in at least two very expensive newgen strikers to "lead the club to the next level", good ol' Dawid has always bounced back, scoring as much, if not more, than the New Guys, who ended up being sold for good money as soon as they started to become unsettled by transfer speculations.

He's 32 now, and I know I'll have a tough time trying to find a viable replacement, if not in terms of attributes, surely in terms of professionalism and dedication.

falcao in my current save as ajax. scored his 100th goal for the club last night in all competitions in his 129th game including sub appearances. 2 of them goals were in the champions league final last season. hes a bargain as well costing me just 7.5m

a regen i signed for zaragoza on a free at 22 devloped into the worlds best player no joke has won world footballer of the year 3 times in the past 4 years and has won the world cup with germany and the euros and is there captian at 26 amazing player.

At the moment, Jack Wilshere is shining for me, scoring 24 goals in 48 appearances this season (as an AMC), but the absolute stand-out is Alan Carolan, a 21 year old full-back regen who I bought off Man Utd for a measly £1.2M when he was 16. He has already got 32 caps, and is rated as England’s best player. At club level, he has averaged 7.85 over 4 seasons, and at International level, he has a 7.37 average. His value is £49M and I just rejected a transfer back to Man Utd for £98M. I think he may be West Ham’s and England’s next Bobby Moore.

for my Forfar's save i was there for 26 seasons never left division 3, i finished second every single season, however i would buy players who where 18 and free, and sold them off at the age of 24 for a hefty profit. my crowd income was alot more than my spending each month, so i was able to sign this striker who was 16 years old for free but which a heavy wage bill. turned out to be a scoring genius, didnt have the best ratings but turned out to be a £4m striker, who i sold whilst i was in divison 2 thanks to him scoring a winner past celtic, hearts, dundee on several occassions

While I understand that the "Font" and other "Appearance" settings are there to use, and you have all the rights in the world to use them, please use a readable font, size, style whatever.

Or prepare to get flamed.

Fixed. No flaming required.

Whilst on the subject of the discussion though...

...I've seen this question a few times and my response is always the same.

Myself.

I am the best signing I or my club makes. Players are but fleeting visitations upon my squad.

I'm better than you, tbh. You'd be much better signing me :D

My best signing.... probably a winget I had in the mid 2020's. 90 assists in one season, and he was hitting 60-80 every year. Most of my team are youth products, so yeah... not really much to chose from :D

Tough one but i'd have to go with Yohann Gourcuff on a free transfer in my FM10 Leeds United save. First season i had him playing right side of midfield, 11 goals and 34 assists and he just got better and better!

And yet you still flogged him for £80,000,000. How did that even go down?

It was mostly monthly payments and clauses, which only just paid out. He scored his final goal that earned me £40m with just days left before he left on another bosman.

Archived