+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your best ever signing.

Amateur

Default Your best ever signing.

Personally, my best ever transfer dea was in a recent game. Start of Summer 2009 as Rangers FC. Bought Carlos Cuellar from Aston Villa for 48 month monthlyinstallments for £15million SPL record. Just 6 months later Cuellar is off to Manchester United for an astonishing £20 million. Could not even play as he had played for both Villa and me. It is either that or the prolific Salvador Cabanas.
    Last edited by heathxxx; 05-08-2010 at 18:50. Reason: fixed font

Amateur

While I understand that the "Font" and other "Appearance" settings are there to use, and you have all the rights in the world to use them, please use a readable font, size, style whatever.
    Or prepare to get flamed.

As for your question, this is the most recent one:
    http://i29.tinypic.com/1p81ew.png

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

Vagner Love for wolves in 3rd season. Paid 15 mil and he scored 42 first season, 31 2nd, 26, 3rd and ended up a club icon with 361 goals in 423 appearances when i released him to return to Moscow.

Reserves

mesut ozil for arsenal xD

Amateur

For value for money would have to be John Guidetti on a free, great player and always does a job for me.

James Rodriguez is up there as well bought him for 2.6Mil from Schalke and he has been immense, could probably sell him for 25 mil now I reckon.

Amateur

I brought a re-gen called dave webster for 500k, sold for 15 million. Have a mitko alexsiev, re gen, who I brought for 65k and have offers for 7.5million im considering.

Best of all though is probably a re-gen AMC I brought for 12.75mn at 17 who has gone on to score about 40 and assist 30 a season and has won a clean sweep of awards the past few years (world footballers of the year, european footballer of the year and midfielder of the year)

Amateur

Jason Walker for salisbury, signed him for 100k, and went and scored me 37 goals in 40 games

Amateur

Vaclav Kadlec for 3M Euro. Turned out to be a pretty strong striker Marco Verratti for 625K Euro is currently growing up to be a nice MC for me.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Some regen called Marco Petrović. He was an AM/F C and I'm not kidding when I say he turned out to be the best attacking midfielder and striker in the world - at least in my eyes. I was after a creative striker and found this guy at Verona who had a decent scoring record (if nothing special) and I snapped him up for £9.5m intending for him to become a backup/rotation sort of player. He turned out to be a very professional player however and his attributes skyrocketed with my superior training facilities and coaches, and most importantly he started banging them in for fun. In addition he was an outrageous set-piece taker and he regularly scored free-kicks. In the end he became the best striker I've ever had and was the sort of striker who would give you around 40-50 goals per season on a consistent basis. Goals weren't his only strength of course - he was a playmaker extraordinare. I would get him to play in the hole where he would continue to play key passes with aplomb, dart around the box for loose balls and score from distance. He combined and did well with any combination of forwards I had - a rarity. So in addition to 30-50 goals per season he sometimes got around 20 assists, none of them corners, per season. One game he destroyed his former team Verona, scoring 4 goals and setting up the other 4, and he missed a couple of easy chances too.

Arguably the best player I've ever had, let alone the best signing - at a bargain price of £9.5m with a manager that hated me too.

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

best buy was dzeko for man u........(crazy thing is I offered £35m in transfer window and got turned down a few weeks after window closed wolsburg offered him for £25m)

regen sanchez from madrid..a c.d.(thats not cross dresser....well he might be !!) got him scouted signed him for £1.4m when he was 16................he got capped for spain a year later!!!!

Amateur

I managed to sign Pato with Sevilla. Without any doubt my best signing ever...

Semi Pro

probably Hulk, shortly after he signed for me he got his first cap for Brazila and scored, and then in his second game for Brazil he scored twice. Does a similar sort of thing at club level too.

Youth Team

Dawid Janczyk.

Paid him 4.5M and he has scored 197 league goals in 8 1/2 seasons [270 including national cup and European Cups]

Despite having brought in at least two very expensive newgen strikers to "lead the club to the next level", good ol' Dawid has always bounced back, scoring as much, if not more, than the New Guys, who ended up being sold for good money as soon as they started to become unsettled by transfer speculations.

He's 32 now, and I know I'll have a tough time trying to find a viable replacement, if not in terms of attributes, surely in terms of professionalism and dedication.

Part-timer

falcao in my current save as ajax. scored his 100th goal for the club last night in all competitions in his 129th game including sub appearances. 2 of them goals were in the champions league final last season. hes a bargain as well costing me just 7.5m

Amateur

Akinfeev for my save with Telford. Conceded about 50 in 4 seasons. Legend.

Amateur

a regen i signed for zaragoza on a free at 22 devloped into the worlds best player no joke has won world footballer of the year 3 times in the past 4 years and has won the world cup with germany and the euros and is there captian at 26 amazing player.

Amateur

Marquinhos (from Palmeiras) in FM09. Led the line of my QPR team for 7 season, 'til I switched to FM10. Sadly, he is not good in this version.

Semi Pro

At the moment, Jack Wilshere is shining for me, scoring 24 goals in 48 appearances this season (as an AMC), but the absolute stand-out is Alan Carolan, a 21 year old full-back regen who I bought off Man Utd for a measly £1.2M when he was 16. He has already got 32 caps, and is rated as England’s best player. At club level, he has averaged 7.85 over 4 seasons, and at International level, he has a 7.37 average. His value is £49M and I just rejected a transfer back to Man Utd for £98M. I think he may be West Ham’s and England’s next Bobby Moore.

Amateur

Chris Templeman from Falkirk to Salisbury for £60,000 he scored 215 goals over 8 seasons for me before finally retiring. (FM2008 - still playing that particular save game)

Amateur

for my Forfar's save i was there for 26 seasons never left division 3, i finished second every single season, however i would buy players who where 18 and free, and sold them off at the age of 24 for a hefty profit. my crowd income was alot more than my spending each month, so i was able to sign this striker who was 16 years old for free but which a heavy wage bill. turned out to be a scoring genius, didnt have the best ratings but turned out to be a £4m striker, who i sold whilst i was in divison 2 thanks to him scoring a winner past celtic, hearts, dundee on several occassions

Amateur

I got Giacomo Beretta for free, now he's world class and regularly scores at least 30 goals a season.

Part-Timer

Mauro Zarate from Lazio for £36m ... in 3 and a half seasons he's scored over 100 league goals, and broken the premiership goalscoring record.

edit: i also had to pay £1m after 30 league appearences.

Semi Pro

A South African newgen midfielder by the name of Sibusiso Moloto. Bought for £5.5 million and turned into the best player in the world.

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda View Post
    While I understand that the "Font" and other "Appearance" settings are there to use, and you have all the rights in the world to use them, please use a readable font, size, style whatever.
    Or prepare to get flamed.
    Fixed. No flaming required.

Whilst on the subject of the discussion though...

...I've seen this question a few times and my response is always the same.

Myself.

I am the best signing I or my club makes. Players are but fleeting visitations upon my squad.

First Team

I'm better than you, tbh. You'd be much better signing me

My best signing.... probably a winget I had in the mid 2020's. 90 assists in one season, and he was hitting 60-80 every year. Most of my team are youth products, so yeah... not really much to chose from

Amateur

Alessandro Rosina for 15 million euros. I have loved him ever since he scored the winner in the final minutes of extra time in the Champions League final against Juventus.

Amateur

muntari . nuff said .

World Cup Winner

Signed on a Bosman
    Sold 18 months later for £80m

You can also see in that last screenshot the £3m signing of Axier, who probably is my best signing.

First Team

How do you do it, daf. How do you do it........

Part-Timer

I payed 150k for a little regen from shamrock rovers.. he changed nationality to english and he was the next Alan Shearer and now he's a wonderkid... gonna be a club legend for my Tottenham side... Amazing stats and only 20 atm!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    How do you do it, daf. How do you do it........
    What I didn't mention was the period in between, he was rubbish

Banned

Signed a guy called Domenico Criscito from Juventus on a free transfer. Juventus then offered me 28.5m after he had played 16 games for me.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    What I didn't mention was the period in between, he was rubbish
    And yet you still flogged him for £80,000,000. How did that even go down?

Amateur

Signed Pato for free (Yes free), and he was my top scorer for the following 8 seasons. Easily the best striker in the game

Bolton Wanderers Researcher

Masilela. 900k in, 19m out

Bolton Wanderers Researcher

Or Cabanas, in on a free, 37 goals in 38 Prem games

Amateur
    Lost... And also naked.. Do you know where i live?

Tough one but i'd have to go with Yohann Gourcuff on a free transfer in my FM10 Leeds United save. First season i had him playing right side of midfield, 11 goals and 34 assists and he just got better and better!

Youth Team

verratti for 250k

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheZ View Post
    And yet you still flogged him for £80,000,000. How did that even go down?
    It was mostly monthly payments and clauses, which only just paid out. He scored his final goal that earned me £40m with just days left before he left on another bosman.

Amateur
    Stalking Mourinho, waiting for him to sign with us.

Notts County Jason Roberts for free & he then got 42 goals in 40 games! Yes that Jason Roberts the washed out Blackburn striker!

Amateur

Edin Dzeko (Arsenal) Average just under Goal A game.

Part-Timer

Signing a Chanmnpionship qualtiy player on a free transfer for my BSS Hinckley team

Utterly brilliant.

Lurker

ömer toprak for fenerbahçe

Amateur

Neymar for Wolves 16.5mil scores 40 goals a season since and I have won the champions league and am now top of prem with 6points ahead of 2nd in 28games!

Youth Team

A young Irish Regen striker for Boston United in the fifth season. Has scored 82 goals in 2 and a half seasons, and cost very little.

Amateur

He's still only 29, so he has a few more good years in him.

Banned

Akinfeev free transfer for man united

Semi Pro

he's my best signing, I've now been sacked but this guy won his 1st Argentina cap at the age of 20 and scored in pretty much every game I played him in and still has a bright future, I bought him for 2.7M when he was 18/19

Amateur

as celtic it would be bojan from barca 7.5m

Amateur

Regen called Luis Angel. after 30 appearances (in all comps) he's scored 39 goals. Paid about £40 mil for him but what a first season!!

Amateur

gotta be Steven defour hes my first buy at every club i go to no matter what midfielders they have
    Last edited by SynysterGates17; 07-08-2010 at 13:28.

+ Reply to Thread