Teams that have fallen from the top

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but what suggestions would you have of teams that used to be considered "top" teams and have now maybe fallen a few leagues or just not won a title in a few years.

Preferably teams in Europe but not in the UK

Cheers in advance :thup:

Hard to say really, if you don't want UK teams - as there aren't that many "leagues to drop" in the likes of Spain and Italy, etc

Edit!

Now I understand you, due to the reply below me.

I thought you meant teams within all our saved games, rather than real-life

Deportivo in spain...Valencia (financial woes attached to this selection), Betis (didnt win much but were alot stronger than they are now)

Roma ,Lazio,Parma in Italy aswell as the famous Sampdoria and Napoli (some may include Juventus since very few of their recent success was Valid)...

Dortmund and Leverkusen in Germany

Nantes,Auxerre,Nice,PSG,St Etienne (the most succesfull french team with 10 championships but 81 was there last)

Hope these help

Deportivo in spain...Valencia (financial woes attached to this selection), Betis (didnt win much but were alot stronger than they are now)

Roma ,Lazio,Parma in Italy aswell as the famous Sampdoria and Napoli (some may include Juventus since very few of their recent success was Valid)...

Dortmund and Leverkusen in Germany

Nantes,Auxerre,Nice,PSG,St Etienne (the most succesfull french team with 10 championships but 81 was there last)

Hope these help

This is perfect, exactly what I was after :thup:

I will go and do my homework now to find out which should be the best game.

Thanks again :)

No worries mate...for a real challenge i would suggest Parma in Italy...finances arent huge and squad needs a bit of an overhaul, although with patience there are a few decent youngsters lingering about in the squad. Plus the satisfaction of getting them into the top 6 again is fantastic.

They were one of my favourite teams during the good old days of Goalazio on channel 4 so have a soft spot for them.

Otherwise PSG is a good challenge in France and Leverkusen in Germany! Let us know what you plump for in the end. Wish you every success (i fear you may need it :p )

Russia, there's the once mighty Spartak Moscow, who haven't won a league title since 2001.

In Italy, Genoa won the last of their nine league titles in 1924, or Torino winning the last of their eight titles in 1976.

Feyenoord in Holland won the last of their fourteen league titles in 1999, are also previous European Champions Cup winners (1970) and EURO Cup winners (1974, 2002).

Finally in Portugal, there's giants Benfica, who although are Portugal's most successful team historically, they haven't won the league since 2005 and prior to that, 1994. Always good to see if you can uncover the next Eusabio and emulate their domestic and European dominance of the 1960's.

If you want a bit more of a challenge,

Pro Vercelli have won 7 Italian top flight titles and now play in Serie C2.

Athletic, haven't won the title in an age plus the added challenge of only using basque players.

If you want to catch up to Bayern for titles in Germany then FC Nürnberg are the closest with 9, relegation candidates irl not sure about in game,

You'd need to find an edited DB but HVV Den Haag are the fourth most successful side in Holland with 10 titles they now play in the sunday leagues or level 5 in the Dutch system.

Boavista, not long ago they were one of the top teams in Portugal, winners in 2001 and played in the champions league. But due to money issues they got demoted a few leagues.

Archived