Which is the best fm10 or cm 01/02? you decide!

Yep 97/98 was also my favourite...still have the memories of coming home at 6am after the night shift and switching on 97/98,getting into the game to much and losing track of time,then realising I just had enough time to grab a sandwich and a shower before heading back to work for another 12 hour night shift.

Oh the joy of youth.

Strange thing was once I got to work the thing that kept me going was the thoughts of "ok when I get home I really need to find a striker and a midfielder then get some sleep" :)

I have to say though that FM 2010 is the 1st release since 97/98 that I have clocked up more than 150 hours of game time.

• Administrators
same here, 'twas the game that started my love affair with this genre and ultimatly football manager :)

I got into it when it was 95/96, when you had just English and Scottish leagues - a European Leagues edition came out the year after but I was annoyed as it wasn't up to date(!) - Ronaldo at PSV iirc. CM2 was incredibly addictive, very much pick up and play. :)

Both games being compared are football manager simulators, so basically you are playing the game because you want to feel what it is like to be a football manager. And for that reason I think FM10 is the better game as in my opinion it is a lot more realistic than CM01/02 which gives you a better feel of what it is like to be a football manager.

FM10 reminds me of CM01/02 regarding the fun factor.

I think FM10 is a better game, but CM01/02 was more fun.

I have a hard time choosing which one is the best, but right now i think i would rate them equally good, for different reasons.

CM 01/02 was amazing at the time but I don't think I could go back and play it now as it would feel a bit dated. I think FM2010 is a fantastic version of the game, I'd have to choose that.

I would agree with this, I loved Moukoko and Sigporsson banging in the goals in cm0102, but if I were to play it I reckon I'd be quite gutted that it isn't as good as I remember it. Roll on FM11, they really sorted out a lot of issues in FM10 and made it very addictive again!

CM 01/02 was tremendous at the time and in terms of its impact when I bought it, in the context of its time, it stands out. Ultimately, the more CM's / FM's that are released, genuine innovation is going to be harder to come by.

But, in the cold light of day, FM10 wins hands down. I did actually play CM01/02 a while back. The nostalgia trip was nice but I quickly got frustrated by the lack of depth compared to FM10 and the lack of control I felt I had in relation to the modern game.

Archived