[FM10] Smiley Faces; :)

T3APOT

: )

Football Manager 2010, Version 10.3, Medium sized database with no edits.

Leagues Loaded:

• England ~ Blue Square North/South and Above.
  • Italy ~ Serie B and Above.
  • Scotland ~ Third Division and Above.
  • Spain ~ Liga adelante and Above.
  • USA ~ MLS.
  • Wales ~ Premier League.

A complete unknown in the football world, just the dream of working my way to the top. This is how I start this game save.

History

Stranraer:

[u][b]Season    | Division              | Position        | Cups                     | Updates [/u][/b]
2009/10   | Scottish 3rd Division | 5th (out of 10) | Scottish Cup  2nd Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5703427&viewfull=1#post5703427"][b]Preview[/b][/url]
         |                       |                 | League Cup    1st Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5714582&viewfull=1#post5714582"][b]January[/b][/url][u]
         |                       |                 | Challenge Cup 1st Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5714584&viewfull=1#post5714584"][b]Review[/b]  [/u][/url]
2010/11   | Scottish 3rd Division | 1st (out of 10) | Scottish Cup  2nd Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5725483&viewfull=1#post5725483"][b]Preview[/b][/url]
         |                       | Promotion!      | League Cup    1st Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5728782&viewfull=1#post5728782"][b]January[/b][/url][u]
         |                       |                 | Challenge Cup 2nd Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5731581&viewfull=1#post5731581"][b]Review[/b]  [/u][/url]
2011/12   | Scottish 2nd Division | 5th (out of 10) | Scottish Cup  4th Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5743871&viewfull=1#post5743871"][b]Preview[/b][/url]
         |                       |                 | League Cup    1st Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5758180&viewfull=1#post5758180"][b]January[/b][/url]
         |                       |                 | Challenge Cup 1st Round  | [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219891-Smiley-Faces-)?p=5770240&viewfull=1#post5770240"][b]Review[/b]  [/url]

stranraerfc.png

Season 2009/10 Preview

The randomise button has spoken and Stranraer are the unwitting victims.

Media Prediction ~ 6th out of 10.

Board League Expectations ~ Safe Mid-Table Position.

Board Scottish Cup Expectations ~ 3rd Round.

Board Scottish League Cup Expectations ~ Enjoy Experience.

Board Scottish League Challenge Cup Expectations ~ Enjoy Experience.

A GK and AML out. A D(R/L/C), Striker and DR in.

Tbh I have no idea how good this squad will be. All I've got to go on is my player/assistant manager and I'm not sure I can truly trust his judgement but we'll see. A lot of MC and Strikers means I'm forced to play 4-3-3, but thats my favoured formation anyway so I'd end up moulding them to this anyway ;)

stranraerfc.png

Season 2009/10 January Update

The season started slowly and inconsistently but as the squad has begun to gel and they become used to my tactics we have seen improved results climbing up to 5th. The top 4 have broken away and we are still having to look over our shoulder. Could go either way.

January Transfer Update

With an injury struggle I bought in a young welsh central midfielder Shane Williams, my scout recommended him as a good prospect so I took a chance on him rather than go down the experienced route.

Club Takeover?

I got told the chairmen was looking to step aside with the view to another board member taking over, we have no loans so I thought it will probably be a non-event if it was to happen. Therefore when rumours it was on the rocks surfaced I wasn't to bothered and then a day later it was announced that the takeover had collapsed. The Chairmen is still willing to listen to offers so the matter is not completely closed.

stranraerfc.png

Season 2009/10 Review

League Table | Graph

Predicted 6th by the media we go one better. We started slowly and in the end that cost us a chance at promotion via the play-offs, despite our extremely impressive second half of the season form were we went March and April unbeaten, we just couldn't overtake the breakaway pack, if we had we might have even gone into the play-offs as favourites such was our end of season form.

Despite this on the whole successful season, 5th place in the Scottish Third Division is a new lowest finishing position for Stranraer who it appears were relegated the season before this one and had a previous low of 2nd in this division. What a lovely record to hold, the manager who lead Stranraer to the lowest finishing position in their history :rolleyes:

Scottish Cup ~ 2nd Round. 2-1 away loss to Livingston.

Scottish League Cup ~ 1st Round. 3-2 extra time home loss to Queen of the South.

Scottish League Challenge Cup ~ 1st Round. 2-1, away loss to Queen of the South.

We went out at the first hurdle in all 3 cup competitions. They're overrated anyway

:rolleyes:

Not the most adventurous transfer activity this season as I let the current squad show me what they can do while bringing in some extra numbers for certain positions.

My Best XI

Marshall

McNally.....Nicoll...Traub.....Noble

Montgomerie...Mitchell ©...McInnes

One.......Moore...Carnaghan

Takeover

A potential

consortium takeover was announced and this time I hoped it would go through as the press conference questions about whether the uncertainty of the club is affecting the players is getting tiring. What I didn't want to hear was the news that the consortium would look to bring in a new manager. The takeover was completed at the end of March but fortunately my contract was not terminated immedietly, instead I was informed they were considering my position, and in April they informed me that they were keeping me on in the job! The consortium saw the finances improved from approximately -120k to around +£30k, this however included an £80k bank loan whereas previously we didn't have one and would make a small profit each month we began making a loss.

I signed a 2 year contract extension to my current deal at the end of the season, my new deal takes me though to 2013, but I remain on the same £250 p/w wages.

Ahhh Shane Williams :) I have fond memories of him from a previous epic game. He will serve you well.

After his arrival in the January transfer window he started 5 games and made a further 6 sub appearances, set-up two goals, put in one man of the match performance and averaged 7.12 so he performed really well. Will actually be hoping he can establish himself as one of the first choice 3 midfielders next season so good to know he has done well for someone else :thup:

stranraerfc.png

Season 2010/11 Preview

Can we go one better than last season and reach the play-offs?

Media Prediction ~ 5th out of 10.

Board League Expectations ~ Respectable League Position.

Board Scottish Cup Expectations ~ 3rd Round.

7 players left, all back-up players who weren't good enough in my opinion to stay.

In came 4 players on permanent deals; Chenoweth, Cowan, Weaver and McLaughlin. One player for each area of the team and hopefully they will help provide better quality in depth and improvements to the first team. However as pre-season started we were hit by injuries and I realised I needed some extra recruits and my assistant found 2 players to loan; defender Scott from Rangers and striker Powell from Motherwell.

stranraerfc.png

Season 2010/11 January Update

We opened the campaign with 2 losses and a draw suffering from the war wounds of our 4 pre-season games which left us playing a left back in the heart of defence but we hit stride as players returned to full fitness and begun to move up the league before eventually, when Queen's Park hit a rough patch, it allowed us to take the lead in the battle for the automatic promotion spot. We're now looking to pull away and with the goals flowing and the defence solid we're looking good to go the distance.

Transfer Update

A squad of 23 players with enough depth for each position with a few versatile players able to fill in all over meant I felt no changes were in order. The strong league performance encouraged me not to disrupt the harmony and we had no approaches for any of our players; key or back-up.

stranraerfc.png

Season 2010/11 Review

League Table | Graph

A brilliant season. We started slowly as we were suffering from injuries picked up in pre-season however once they came back we began to show some amazing form. Slowly and surely we rose up the table until only Queen's Park remained above us. A rough patch for them allowed us to overtake them and we kept the position until the end of the season, however it wasn't as easy as that. They stayed right on our tail around 2 points off throughout until there was 6 games remaining and they chocked and lost 4 in a row and we held our nerve, and in fact won the title and gained promotion with 2 games to spare after defeating Queen's Park 2-1 at home. Our defensive record and the goals of on-loan striker Powell the key elements in our title win.

Scottish Cup ~ 2nd Round. 1-0 away loss to Albion Rovers.

Scottish League Cup ~ 1st Round. 2-0 home loss to Raith.

Scottish League Challenge Cup ~ 2nd Round. 2-0 away loss to Queen's Park.

We won a cup game this season!!!

:rolleyes:

My decision to strengthen in January was vindicated as we continued our run. 4 of the signings made it into my best XI (below) while the other two were good in their substitute/back-up roles. Powell and Cowan in-particular stood out.

My Best XI

Chenoweth

McNally.....Nicoll...Cowan.....Traub

Williams...Mitchell ©...McInnes

Powell...Moore...McLaughlin

Congratz on winning promotion ( and a cup game :D)

Powell has a very good goal/game record and a very good 1st name :D

Thanks. Powell was brilliant last season, but he rejected the chance to join us on loan for the season again, instead opting to join Albion Rovers back in Scottish Division 3!!!

stranraerfc.png

Season 2011/12 Preview

Will the team manage to avoid dropping straight back down?

Media Prediction ~ 9th out of 10.

Board League Expectations ~ Avoid Relegation.

Board Scottish Cup Expectations ~ 4th Round.

5 players left, (Agostini appears in the 2010/11 transfer history instead for some reason), they all failed to make it into the team last season and were allowed to look elsewhere for first team football.

In came 4 players on permanent deals; C. Scott after his loan spell last season, B. Scott, MacGregor and Vasey. These guys look much better than those outgoing and my scouts were generally impressed with all of them. However on-loan star striker from last season Powell rejected the chance to rejoin us on loan but rather join Albion Rovers in back in Divison 3 on loan. My assistant recommended a Motherwell team-mate of his and Pollock joined, hopefully he can prove to be as big a hit at Stair Park as Powell was.

stranraerfc.png

Season 2011/12 January Update

I couldn't ask for anymore after our promotion. The defence that only conceded 16 goals all of last season has made the step-up brilliantly. Our only problem has been scoring goals (8 goals in our last 2 games makes the 'Goals For' in the table slightly skewed) but we have avoided defeat by grounding out 0-0 draws aplenty and are very tough to beat. I don't want to curse us but could a surprise play-off spot possibly be on the cards!?

January Transfer Update

Struggling for goals I decided to make a move for a new striker in January and it is with great delight that I could welcome back Zane Powell, after scoring 8 goals in 17 league games for Albion he returned to Motherwell from his loan spell and we were able to bring him in on loan for the remainder of the season!

stranraerfc.png

Season 2011/12 Review

League Table | Graph

After the team performed so well in last seasons promotion winning campaign I had decided to stick with the majority of my first XI. Our great defence stepped-up to the next level and we ground out results due to this. We did have problems scoring at the other end but we were able to carry ourselves away from danger and were realistically safe shortly after the mid-way point (due to Forfar and Peterhead's poor seasons). Unfortunately I cursed us in my January update when it looked like we could reach the play-offs as we suffered 4 straight losses after it was posted, and it all but ended our hopes. We still managed to come away with a very impressive 5th placed finish to set us up nicely for next season.

Scottish Cup ~ 4th Round. 4-0 away loss to St.Johnstone.

Scottish League Cup ~ 1st Round. 6-3 away loss to Raith.

Scottish League Challenge Cup ~ 1st Round. Penalty loss after 1-1 draw home to Queen's Park.

Once again we were poor in the cups our only win coming against non-league opponents.

Removed some deadwood and replaced them with better to add more strength in depth at this higher level. Powell was inspirational when he returned on-loan in January, would love to sign him if his contract at Motherwell isn't extended as it is due to expire in a couple of months time.

My Best XI

Chenoweth

McNally.....Nicoll...Cowan.....Traub

Williams...Mitchell ©...McInnes

Powell...Scott...McLaughlin

I was offered another managerial post for the first time as with one game left of the season when Peterhead's relegation had just been confirmed they sacked their manager and approached me, despite the small wage rise I would receive I rejected the move. This loyalty was rewarded by the Stranraer board as at the end of the season I signed a one-year extension taking me through to May 2014, with my wages doubled from £250p/w to £500p/w, more than Peterhead were offering.

stranraerfc.png

Season 2012/13 Preview

We look to build upon last seasons impressive performance.

Media Prediction ~ 7th out of 10.

Board League Expectations ~ Safe Mid-Table.

Board Scottish Cup Expectations ~ 4th Round.

The first player in was

Jamie Wood on a pre-arranged free transfer. This player was found by my scouts at the beginning of last season but despite them raving about him I couldn't justify spending money (can't remember how much it was Boreham Wood had accepted) on a player who had no first team experience. He went and played 34 times as he kept them in the Blue Square South after their promotion and he looks set to be a great purchase. Strikers Kee and Mullen are my hopes to get the goals this season, as I lost out on Zane Powell when he was released by Motherwell as Dunfermline in the league above us snapped him up. Rodgers arrives to add another option in the centre, the former Chelsea academy player was without a club the whole of last season after his release. Finally we again got a striker on-loan from Motherwell as Elfverson comes in for the season.

5 first team players left at the end of their contracts, including Moore and One, while youth team players were let go as they became to old to play for the youth team.

Archived