+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeking a new challenge

Amateur

Default Seeking a new challenge

Ok I need a new challenge as my old save game with Ipswich has just corrupted and I can’t be bothered to go back to an older save, gutted as I was in 2020.

Anyway I need something that will keep my attention for a bit, I’e already gone the following;

- Taken a BSQ South Team to the Prem/CL
    - Took over Ipswich and made them a team of English only players, won the Prem eventually
    - Managed 3 different clubs one after the other from the same save career and won the league with them all

I tried to do what I called ‘The Roy Keane Challenge’ – which is take over Ipswich and form a team entirely of Irish and Ex-sunderland players, but its just too hard to be honest.

Any ideas – maybe managing a club outside of England, or winning all 3 of the big leagues in Europe?

Inspiration please folks, bored of ‘standard’ type games (pick team, make them amazing etc).

Amateur

Win all major European leagues using only domestic players in the same save.

Amateur

I.e players of that nationality right - hmmm thats a really good idea, thanks Cball I may give this a go. Any tip who to start with, Totentham>? They have alot of English players already.

Amateur

win the major cometition on each continent with the same save

this would mean
    start in africa (i reccommend kaiser chiefs) then move to asia/australia (they operate in the same asian champions league) next up is south america followed by a stint in europe and then throw your career away in the states

try to finish before theo walcott retires

Amateur

Tottenham would be good yeah, already a well established team with a good potential and a fair amount of English players. The French/Spanish/Italian/German leagues will be easier as they seem to have more domestic players naturally.

Youth Team

Try Arsenal and develop an all English squad within 3 seasons.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    Try Arsenal and develop an all English squad within 3 seasons.
    too easy sorry. I did it with Ipswich in 1 season (all eng squad).

Amateur
    In a hobbit house in the side of a small hill

Manage a club in Eastern Europe, one that used to do well in Europe but has now declined, along with the football in that region.

In FM08, I had a very enjoyable game with Steaua Bucharest in Romania. Got them back to the top of the pile domestically and improved them enough to reach the R16 in the Champions League twice in a row. Finances make it difficult of course, as does the lack of attractiveness of the Romanian league to players, which makes it a good challenge. You'll also come across good players in that league and neighbouring ones e.g. Russia that you might not otherwise have discovered.

Amateur

Cool

Everton they are a very consistent team with a great young bunch of players behind them with a pinch of experience in there!!!

there awsome now 4 me

+ Reply to Thread