why did my brazilian regen play at the W2014?

the player is named massa, is 20 years and quite a talent. however, he is nothing more in my opinion. last season at PSV he played 11 matches, scoring once.

He never had an international cap untill the WC. here he played in 5 out of 6 matches. 3 times he was in the starting line-up, 2 times as substitue.

of you look at his stats, can someone explain why he was picked for the starting 11?

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/nickwanmaker/?action=view&current=massa.png

p.s. he played as a MR

game is played on a big database, the manager was (he got sacked after the WC) Rivaldo and as far as i noticed there werent any injuries.

picture of rivaldo: http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/nickwanmaker/?action=view&current=rivaldo.png

the new manager is rogério lourenco and Massa did not play under the new managers first match (friendly against equador). this is not very surprising because he plays 4-2-4, very suicidal. the strikers are Pato,Hulk,Neymar and vagner Love

sorry that i forgot to mention it is in dutch. but do you think his stats are good enough for the brazilian national squad? i would say not.

but when i looked at the entire squad, i noticed that there arent any decent MR's in Brazil atm. the best ones are neymar (not his natural position) hernanes and a 32 years old maicon. he might just be the best of the rest.

Maybe the manager needs a player like him. Eg. Ramires - he wouldn't fit into every system and may not in the Brazils top 10 players but he fitted into Dunga's system. Sometimes I require a really hardworking, physically top class midfielder to win the ball and make a simple lay-off. Maybe Rivaldo thought that player complemented his other central midfielder, or w/e.

Have to agree that he made the squad because he probably is the best RM in Brazil, seeing as no-one Brazilian usually plays there! The oddity is Rivaldo choosing a formation that needs a RM, but I suppose its possible given his illustrious career in Europe.

Archived