Is this the worst own goal EVER???

Its the European Super Cup Final, Wolves v Arsenal and after 90 minutes its locked at 2-2, so imagine my horror when this happens:

Gourcuff has a shot from out wide, which Ochoa parries, Sissoko is first on the scene - he could clear it or better still leave it for Ochoa to collect. He is under no pressure at all.

crazyowngoal.jpg

Why oh why does he power it into his own net!!!

My solace comes almost immediately though, as the rest of my team help me recover to a 4-3 win: phew!

Question:

When a forwarder/striker scores an own goal, will he be on the news like: "XXX ends the goal drought by scoring an own goal with a powerful header to...."

I would literally laugh my ass off if I see this in game :D

Question:

When a forwarder/striker scores an own goal, will he be on the news like: "XXX ends the goal drought by scoring an own goal with a powerful header to...."

I would literally laugh my ass off if I see this in game :D

I had it happen but there was no goal drought message attached. My backup striker got a start he had been complaining for. 15 min into the game he steals the ball from a defender dribbles up just past mid field with only 1 defender and the keeper to beat he turns around and fires back towards my keeper and the ball rolls in un touched. He was out of the game the instant and axed just after the game finished but not until he was fined 2 weeks wages.

Archived