getting a son

I never knew this could happen!? Will I get a nice little news item if I do. I'm 12 years in so hopefully it will happen fairly soon.

I never got one but I think the only things that will happen is you will be a favoured personnel of his, he will have your nationality as a second nationality if you are managing in a different country than your nationality and he will have your surname. Other than that he is just a normal regen.

Having a son ? wth are you talking about? lol

you can have a son? and he's a player or something?

Yeah if you play a game long enough, in the future a regen will be created at your club and he is his your son in the game. He is just a normal player though. The only differences being what I said above. You can obviously treat him differently though. :D

Yeah if you play a game long enough, in the future a regen will be created at your club and he is his your son in the game. He is just a normal player though. The only differences being what I said above. You can obviously treat him differently though. :D

Well i'm currently on my 25th season (2034) and no such thing has happened.

Finaly got one two days ago after roughly 1500-2000 hours of FM since 2007.

itsaboy.jpg

itsaboy2.jpg

itsaboy3.jpg

Didnt notice him until my assistant pointed him out saying hes the best player in my youth team (not hard considering ive had a grand total of 3 decent youth team players in 5 seasons this save), noticed he had my second name so i checked his favourites list and he had me listed from the start (went back and checked it).

Good prospect if he takes to tutoring well but hes going to have to learn to play as a midfielder rather than his preferred right wing role as i dont play wingers.

I often wonder if this is something SI have coded in - or whether it's just an accident?

For example - that Stuart Marshall example - 'Marshall' is a common name in Scotland so it may have just happened randomly. It's also common for a youth player to have you as their favoured personnel - especially if you have a good reputation.

I don't think SI have ever confirmed that 'son's have been coded - wouldn't be surprised if it's just an accident.

It was confirmed many moons ago by a SI staff member when the first person posted on here that he had a son, I think that was back on FM08, but my memory is not what it used to be. I kind of remember them saying that it does not necessarily have to be a son, it could be a relative. Apart from that, your 'son' is a standard newgen and will behave no different to anyother newgen. He also has the same chance of being rubbish as any other Newgen in your youth set up.

The odds are very very low.

As to the person who posted that the name could just be a coincidence, there are also examples of people with unique names getting newgens sharing their last name and both being on each others favourite personal list.

I kind of wish the chances of it happening where bigger, as I would very much like a mini-me roaming around in the game.

For example - that Stuart Marshall example - 'Marshall' is a common name in Scotland so it may have just happened randomly. It's also common for a youth player to have you as their favoured personnel - especially if you have a good reputation.

Marshall may be common in real life but its not that common in the game, in 2014 i searched and found 23 players/staff with that name, filtered to ignore real players/staff and only show regens it was around 8 players in total including Stuart.

No other regen has the manager on his favourites list from day 1 and indeed from looking at my entire youth team only 2 other players from the 20 i have, have me listed on their favourites and they have both been with me for 3 years each and made a hand full of cup appearances and been given contracts/praise by me.

So i am infact that babies daddy.

Marshall may be common in real life but its not that common in the game, in 2014 i searched and found 23 players/staff with that name, filtered to ignore real players/staff and only show regens it was around 8 players in total including Stuart.

No other regen has the manager on his favourites list from day 1 and indeed from looking at my entire youth team only 2 other players from the 20 i have, have me listed on their favourites and they have both been with me for 3 years each and made a hand full of cup appearances and been given contracts/praise by me.

So i am infact that babies daddy.

that's not exactly true. I have had several regens who had me as a favorite from day one and none of them were my son. In fact, most of my players and most of the players that have played on my team have me listed as a favorite. Even when I sell a player, 80 per cent of the time, they say they are sad to part from me. it just depends on what kind of coach you are, how many years you've been on the club, what kind of success you have had, your reputation and so forth..

what about former players having sons? is that possible? Because there's this guy called Sebastien Aguero, and he's Argentinian and a striker ! He does not have Sergio aguero listed as a favorite tough. Probably just a coincidence?

that's not exactly true. I have had several regens who had me as a favorite from day one and none of them were my son. In fact, most of my players and most of the players that have played on my team have me listed as a favorite. Even when I sell a player, 80 per cent of the time, they say they are sad to part from me. it just depends on what kind of coach you are, how many years you've been on the club, what kind of success you have had, your reputation and so forth..

Been Rangers manager for 6 years, back to back domestic trebles every year, 1 europa cup, 2 champions leagues, 3 super cups, 1 club world championship.

Im on practicaly my entire 1st teams favourites list, im only on 3 of my under 19's.... 2 having played for me a few times and thus interacted with me, the other being my son.

I heard thing that the "son" only appears if you have a player on your team for 10 consecutive years and play him at least one match per season and then when he retires you get the "son". Is that false?

It might have been the case in the time of regens (although I doubt it) but now new players aren't linked to retirements at all so its most definately false.

I heard thing that the "son" only appears if you have a player on your team for 10 consecutive years and play him at least one match per season and then when he retires you get the "son". Is that false?

that would make A LOT of sense. Because I had aguero in my team for years and years and then suddenly there's this argentinian guy called sebastian aguero? coincidence? I don't think so.

that would make A LOT of sense. Because I had aguero in my team for years and years and then suddenly there's this argentinian guy called sebastian aguero? coincidence? I don't think so.

Cougar's comment goes against this.

It would definitely be coincidence

And that Marshall guy is definitely his son.

I have a couple of Questions.

Is it possible to have more than one son? (Of course the odds are very, very low) and my other question is:

Do you have to stay at the same club to have a son through the academy? If you're at Ajax for 10 years and then move to Sevilla, will the son definately come through the Sevilla ranks or could it be the Ajax ranks as you spent 10 years there?

No, you always get the kid into the setup of the team you are at that very point. It's doesn't influence anything. And you can get more than one son, iirc a guy on a different forum got three when he managed for 56 seasons.

@Volchok21: It's just a player who has been generated with the same last name, just like Italy gets about 10 players called Rossi or Di Natale every season. Unless he has Sergio Agüero as favoured personnel, you can be sure it's not a son or relative at all.

Theres a thread on here somewhere called "Regen that could be my son" where one guy had a son, who then retired and became a manager. His name was Mohindin i think, and he was on his fav peson, its pretty good to read if you can find it.

I hadn't read that comment. but how can he be sure? unless he worked on the game.

Because new players are just created from scratch now rather than old players being reincarnated.

There are many players with the same surnames generated in the game that have nothing to do with relations or sons as previous players like your Aguero example. I have a German newgen called Denis Mertesacker in my team. Other newgens I have noticed are Arnaud Henry, Pablo Aguero, Mark Scholes as well as several Brazilians such as Diego and Pato. There is also a player from Grenada called Paul Beckham and there are several Rooneys.

It happend with me on FM 2008. I was coaching Inter, and he came throug the academy. My last name is very rare, even in Norway, and he also had me as his favorite staff. I used him all the time on the left back, allthough he was a really crap player. He took good freekick, but that was it.

Edited my 08 database, and am currently moving up the leagues. I added in myself as a 15 year old player, same name as the manager I am, didn't really make him amazing, I just closed my eyes and mashed down some numbers when setting his attributes.

That's the closest I've ever had to a "son", I still soldier on, I always get bored once i'm ten years into the game with little club success and still no sign of my relative. But I soldier on, knowing that, should he appear, I'll perk right up and get into the game.

Archived