+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 38 of 38

Thread: getting a son

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th February 2010
    Location
    Leighton Buzzard
    Posts
    961

    Default getting a son

    is there a limit on the age that your man is before you can get a son during the game e.g. you can only get one before you are a certain age

  2. #2
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    22nd November 2009
    Posts
    15,362

    Default

    I don't think there is a limit.

    But I'm not exactly 100% sure

  3. #3
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    1st March 2003
    Location
    Goodison Park, Exeter, England
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    I never knew this could happen!? Will I get a nice little news item if I do. I'm 12 years in so hopefully it will happen fairly soon.

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th June 2009
    Posts
    458

    Default

    The only indication you will get is the player will be on your favored list and vice versa(Sp?)

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th January 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Getting i son is really one of the funniest thing I've experiened in FM. A small feature, but it can make a huge different. I want more of these small features!

  6. #6
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robioto View Post
    I never knew this could happen!? Will I get a nice little news item if I do. I'm 12 years in so hopefully it will happen fairly soon.
    I never got one but I think the only things that will happen is you will be a favoured personnel of his, he will have your nationality as a second nationality if you are managing in a different country than your nationality and he will have your surname. Other than that he is just a normal regen.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    19th July 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Having a son ? wth are you talking about? lol

    you can have a son? and he's a player or something?

  8. #8
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volchok21 View Post
    Having a son ? wth are you talking about? lol

    you can have a son? and he's a player or something?
    Yeah if you play a game long enough, in the future a regen will be created at your club and he is his your son in the game. He is just a normal player though. The only differences being what I said above. You can obviously treat him differently though.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    19th July 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    Yeah if you play a game long enough, in the future a regen will be created at your club and he is his your son in the game. He is just a normal player though. The only differences being what I said above. You can obviously treat him differently though.

    Well i'm currently on my 25th season (2034) and no such thing has happened.

  10. #10
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volchok21 View Post
    Well i'm currently on my 25th season (2034) and no such thing has happened.
    It does not happen in every game but can happen. You just need to be lucky.

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th February 2007
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    624

    Default

    the odds are ridiculously low though

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th June 2007
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Finaly got one two days ago after roughly 1500-2000 hours of FM since 2007.





    Didnt notice him until my assistant pointed him out saying hes the best player in my youth team (not hard considering ive had a grand total of 3 decent youth team players in 5 seasons this save), noticed he had my second name so i checked his favourites list and he had me listed from the start (went back and checked it).

    Good prospect if he takes to tutoring well but hes going to have to learn to play as a midfielder rather than his preferred right wing role as i dont play wingers.

  13. #13

    Default

    can I buy him for my rangers game - I play with wingers, well this season I do....on another point - where did you get the skin ?

  14. #14
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggieBunnet View Post
    can I buy him for my rangers game - I play with wingers, well this season I do....on another point - where did you get the skin ?
    Steklo 2010

    You can get it from FMBase

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    246

    Default

    i noticed that stanley menzo got a son in my game

  16. #16
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    The odds are 1 in 10000 I believe so good luck to all.

  17. #17
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    11th July 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    The odds are 1 in 10000 I believe so good luck to all.
    And it hasn't got anything to do with how long you play the game btw. It can happen in the second season or in the fortieth.

  18. #18
    Reserves
    Join Date
    26th February 2001
    Posts
    14,479

    Default

    I often wonder if this is something SI have coded in - or whether it's just an accident?

    For example - that Stuart Marshall example - 'Marshall' is a common name in Scotland so it may have just happened randomly. It's also common for a youth player to have you as their favoured personnel - especially if you have a good reputation.

    I don't think SI have ever confirmed that 'son's have been coded - wouldn't be surprised if it's just an accident.

  19. #19
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    11th July 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DP View Post
    I don't think SI have ever confirmed that 'son's have been coded - wouldn't be surprised if it's just an accident.
    I'm pretty sure they have actually.

  20. #20
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    11th November 2006
    Location
    Spending too much time on FM and not enough time with the wife
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    It was confirmed many moons ago by a SI staff member when the first person posted on here that he had a son, I think that was back on FM08, but my memory is not what it used to be. I kind of remember them saying that it does not necessarily have to be a son, it could be a relative. Apart from that, your 'son' is a standard newgen and will behave no different to anyother newgen. He also has the same chance of being rubbish as any other Newgen in your youth set up.

    The odds are very very low.

    As to the person who posted that the name could just be a coincidence, there are also examples of people with unique names getting newgens sharing their last name and both being on each others favourite personal list.

    I kind of wish the chances of it happening where bigger, as I would very much like a mini-me roaming around in the game.

  21. #21
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    11th July 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lambs View Post
    I kind of wish the chances of it happening where bigger, as I would very much like a mini-me roaming around in the game.
    The more chance to get one, the more boring it will be when you actually have one though.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    19th July 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    oh hell, I want a son.

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th June 2007
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DP View Post
    For example - that Stuart Marshall example - 'Marshall' is a common name in Scotland so it may have just happened randomly. It's also common for a youth player to have you as their favoured personnel - especially if you have a good reputation.
    Marshall may be common in real life but its not that common in the game, in 2014 i searched and found 23 players/staff with that name, filtered to ignore real players/staff and only show regens it was around 8 players in total including Stuart.

    No other regen has the manager on his favourites list from day 1 and indeed from looking at my entire youth team only 2 other players from the 20 i have, have me listed on their favourites and they have both been with me for 3 years each and made a hand full of cup appearances and been given contracts/praise by me.

    So i am infact that babies daddy.
    Last edited by DougyMarshall; 21-07-2010 at 17:06.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    19th July 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougyMarshall View Post
    Marshall may be common in real life but its not that common in the game, in 2014 i searched and found 23 players/staff with that name, filtered to ignore real players/staff and only show regens it was around 8 players in total including Stuart.

    No other regen has the manager on his favourites list from day 1 and indeed from looking at my entire youth team only 2 other players from the 20 i have, have me listed on their favourites and they have both been with me for 3 years each and made a hand full of cup appearances and been given contracts/praise by me.


    So i am infact that babies daddy.
    that's not exactly true. I have had several regens who had me as a favorite from day one and none of them were my son. In fact, most of my players and most of the players that have played on my team have me listed as a favorite. Even when I sell a player, 80 per cent of the time, they say they are sad to part from me. it just depends on what kind of coach you are, how many years you've been on the club, what kind of success you have had, your reputation and so forth..

    what about former players having sons? is that possible? Because there's this guy called Sebastien Aguero, and he's Argentinian and a striker ! He does not have Sergio aguero listed as a favorite tough. Probably just a coincidence?

  25. #25
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th June 2007
    Posts
    828

    Default

    that's not exactly true. I have had several regens who had me as a favorite from day one and none of them were my son. In fact, most of my players and most of the players that have played on my team have me listed as a favorite. Even when I sell a player, 80 per cent of the time, they say they are sad to part from me. it just depends on what kind of coach you are, how many years you've been on the club, what kind of success you have had, your reputation and so forth..
    Been Rangers manager for 6 years, back to back domestic trebles every year, 1 europa cup, 2 champions leagues, 3 super cups, 1 club world championship.

    Im on practicaly my entire 1st teams favourites list, im only on 3 of my under 19's.... 2 having played for me a few times and thus interacted with me, the other being my son.

  26. #26
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,479

    Default

    I heard thing that the "son" only appears if you have a player on your team for 10 consecutive years and play him at least one match per season and then when he retires you get the "son". Is that false?

  27. #27
    Reserves
    Join Date
    8th January 2004
    Posts
    11,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjericho View Post
    I heard thing that the "son" only appears if you have a player on your team for 10 consecutive years and play him at least one match per season and then when he retires you get the "son". Is that false?
    It might have been the case in the time of regens (although I doubt it) but now new players aren't linked to retirements at all so its most definately false.

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    19th July 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjericho View Post
    I heard thing that the "son" only appears if you have a player on your team for 10 consecutive years and play him at least one match per season and then when he retires you get the "son". Is that false?
    that would make A LOT of sense. Because I had aguero in my team for years and years and then suddenly there's this argentinian guy called sebastian aguero? coincidence? I don't think so.

  29. #29
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    22nd November 2009
    Posts
    15,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volchok21 View Post
    that would make A LOT of sense. Because I had aguero in my team for years and years and then suddenly there's this argentinian guy called sebastian aguero? coincidence? I don't think so.
    Cougar's comment goes against this.

    It would definitely be coincidence

    And that Marshall guy is definitely his son.

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    19th July 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFan7 View Post
    Cougar's comment goes against this.

    It would definitely be coincidence

    And that Marshall guy is definitely his son.
    I hadn't read that comment. but how can he be sure? unless he worked on the game.

  31. #31
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st July 2009
    Posts
    192

    Default

    I have a couple of Questions.

    Is it possible to have more than one son? (Of course the odds are very, very low) and my other question is:

    Do you have to stay at the same club to have a son through the academy? If you're at Ajax for 10 years and then move to Sevilla, will the son definately come through the Sevilla ranks or could it be the Ajax ranks as you spent 10 years there?

  32. #32
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2009
    Posts
    73

    Default

    No, you always get the kid into the setup of the team you are at that very point. It's doesn't influence anything. And you can get more than one son, iirc a guy on a different forum got three when he managed for 56 seasons.

    @Volchok21: It's just a player who has been generated with the same last name, just like Italy gets about 10 players called Rossi or Di Natale every season. Unless he has Sergio Agüero as favoured personnel, you can be sure it's not a son or relative at all.

  33. #33
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th February 2009
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Theres a thread on here somewhere called "Regen that could be my son" where one guy had a son, who then retired and became a manager. His name was Mohindin i think, and he was on his fav peson, its pretty good to read if you can find it.

  34. #34

  35. #35
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volchok21 View Post
    I hadn't read that comment. but how can he be sure? unless he worked on the game.
    Because new players are just created from scratch now rather than old players being reincarnated.

    There are many players with the same surnames generated in the game that have nothing to do with relations or sons as previous players like your Aguero example. I have a German newgen called Denis Mertesacker in my team. Other newgens I have noticed are Arnaud Henry, Pablo Aguero, Mark Scholes as well as several Brazilians such as Diego and Pato. There is also a player from Grenada called Paul Beckham and there are several Rooneys.

  36. #36
    Sports Interactive Aaron Armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th August 2008
    Location
    SI Towers
    Posts
    957

    Default

    I once had a player with my surname come through my youth team. He also had the first name my girlfriend wants to name her first child. Spooky eh?

  37. #37
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th March 2010
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    0

    Default

    It happend with me on FM 2008. I was coaching Inter, and he came throug the academy. My last name is very rare, even in Norway, and he also had me as his favorite staff. I used him all the time on the left back, allthough he was a really crap player. He took good freekick, but that was it.

  38. #38
    Reserves
    Join Date
    16th January 2009
    Location
    Emma Watson's bra.
    Posts
    11,369

    Default

    Edited my 08 database, and am currently moving up the leagues. I added in myself as a 15 year old player, same name as the manager I am, didn't really make him amazing, I just closed my eyes and mashed down some numbers when setting his attributes.

    That's the closest I've ever had to a "son", I still soldier on, I always get bored once i'm ten years into the game with little club success and still no sign of my relative. But I soldier on, knowing that, should he appear, I'll perk right up and get into the game.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts