+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My CM is racking up Yellow cards

Amateur

I'm not sure why.

I set his Sliding to Easy and he has 20 Temperament yet he's getting Yellow every 2-3 games!

Semi Pro

maybe he has a high dirtyness attributes..

Semi Pro

It happens to me aswell.My two CMs no matter who they are get a yellow every game and regularly get sent off.It's got to the point that I have to have two CMs on the bench.

Also I have 1 of the CM set to easy tackling and he still gets booked.

Is this a Bug?

Part-Timer

same happened to me, but my centre mid after 12 game, 10 yelloe cards, this ration continued throught (his agfgrrestion was high) so i didnt play him anymore, waste of space lol

First Team Squad Member

What patch are you playing on?

Semi Pro

I was just checking the history of my centreal deffenders / central midfielders for both my teams..

the most was 8 yellow card and 1 red cards any of my CMs got in a whole season..

Is all your games patched up??

Semi Pro

I'm using 8.0.2

Amateur

I'm using 8.0.2 too

No matter who my CM is, he always get tons of yellow cards regardless of how his sliding and temperament are set (I tested this using FMM)

Reserves

I'm using 8.0.2 and I have to agree. Centre-midfielders are a guaranteed yellow card.

Third Team

The league you're playing in has an effect as well. In Germany I got 1 red card in 6 years and always did well in the fair play league, same in Spain where my only red was in European competition. Using exactly the same tactic I got about 8 reds in my first season as Milan manager and didn't get any reds but did very poorly in the fair play table with Spurs.

It was more of an issue pre 8.0.2, but I have noticed that DM's get more yellow cards if they are played in a central midfield position on the pitch, whereas if you drop them back between central midfield and defence they fair better. That might just be my imagination, but seemed to work.

Reserves

It's not your fault. The match engine even with 8.0.2 is a bit imbalanced in that central midfielders (especially defensive) tend to get yellow cards time and again whatever you do. It's a real pain when it's the lynch-pin of my tactics and I have to keep an extra pair of MCs in my first-team squad to cover suspensions.

Amateur

This is a known issue, and was improved slightly for 8.0.2, although that did not fix it altogether. It is under review.

+ Reply to Thread