Strange Tycoon Takeovers

I am aiming to win every continents Champions League or trophy that is closest to it. I managed for the first time in Argentina with Velez Sarsfield, after losing in the final there was news of a tycoon takeover promising lots of cash. I didn't think it would happen but it did and along came a Portuguese bloke with lots of money, he raised the training facilities along with the youth set up spending £10 million plus. He then wiped the £8 million debt and gave a bank balance of £37 million, the next season he gave a transfer budget of £27 million but after changing the wages I raised it to £47 million along with being 200k under the wage budget still. This enabled me to buy one striker for £25 million and 3 other players for around £9 million each. I then went on to win the Libertadores and left as manager only experiencing one season of cash. I kept a save of the game that I may go back to one day.

Anyone else find it strange that a European business man would takeover an Argentinian club? It also got me thinking apart from the lower league tycoons coming along has anyone else had any tycoon takeovers outside of Europe or even in the smaller European countries?

I had a tycoon takeover with Nuneaton one time. About 10 seasons in, they were rooted to the bottom of League two and looked certs to go down when I became their manager. We got relegated, and then all of a sudden got a tycoon takeover.

I am aiming to win every continents Champions League or trophy that is closest to it. I managed for the first time in Argentina with Velez Sarsfield, after losing in the final there was news of a tycoon takeover promising lots of cash. I didn't think it would happen but it did and along came a Portuguese bloke with lots of money, he raised the training facilities along with the youth set up spending £10 million plus. He then wiped the £8 million debt and gave a bank balance of £37 million, the next season he gave a transfer budget of £27 million but after changing the wages I raised it to £47 million along with being 200k under the wage budget still. This enabled me to buy one striker for £25 million and 3 other players for around £9 million each. I then went on to win the Libertadores and left as manager only experiencing one season of cash. I kept a save of the game that I may go back to one day.

Anyone else find it strange that a European business man would takeover an Argentinian club? It also got me thinking apart from the lower league tycoons coming along has anyone else had any tycoon takeovers outside of Europe or even in the smaller European countries?

it's not that strange, even though in Argentina their language Spanish I think I'm right is saying that in some parts they speak Portuguese. So maybe he has family there or something

Bari just got taken over by a New Zealand tycoon Josh Jones. Some of the big trasfers they've made in the two seasons that his been in control are: Perotti, Esposito, Codi, Ben Arfa, Allefay, Kalou, Di Santo, Guilherme

Once they start to move up the table I'm sure they'll start attracting bigger players. Going to be interesting to see how they progress.

Bari just got taken over by a New Zealand tycoon Josh Jones. Some of the big trasfers they've made in the two seasons that his been in control are: Perotti, Esposito, Codi, Ben Arfa, Allefay, Kalou, Di Santo, Guilherme

Once they start to move up the table I'm sure they'll start attracting bigger players. Going to be interesting to see how they progress.

strangely enough vitesse have been taken over on my game by an american tycoon called...... josh jones lol.

at start of season 4 they have spent 20m on players and are 7/4 faves to win the league despite the fact i have spent 30m and on a 61 game unbeaten run. strange game

Just watched this happen in my current game - a Portuguese tycoon has taken over a Burkina Faso Premier League team. The club value rocketed from £400k to £4.5M, around 4 times more than the next most valuable club, and a news item reported that he intended to pump £9.5M into the coffers for player transfers .. not too shabby when you consider that I've spent a mere £60k combined over 4+ seasons in the same division!

Archived