The strangest takeover!

Well for me I've had some strange takeovers in my current game, including the IRA bank robbers taking over Atletico Madrid (how else do you explain rich Northerners?), my own takeover where the board wanted to sack the most succesful manager in the clubs history (me) after winning the CL and a tycoon takeover of Fulham which has made the club worse, but this one has to take the buscuit:

Telstar.png

FMRTE-Telstart.jpg

Basically Telstar of the Dutch Eerstedivisie have been taken over by a rich Hong-Konger (20 resources, 20 business) and are now sitting comfortably in the Eredivisie. I only noticed myself when a regen I was half tracking went to them for £2.7m. Looking at the transfer records the buyout went through the season before last (end 2013/2014) as their transfers jumped from £18k to £9.5m.

They had been treading water just above relegation in the Eredivisie for a few years before going down the season before they were bought.

Anyone see anything stranger?

I once had a consortium led by Michel Platini take me over in a save with IFK Goteborg, but I deleted the save.

After the takeover we always overperformed in UEFA competitions.

Strange enough alright, was this before or after he became head of UEFA?

At my current save,Luciano Gaucci(real person-recources 20,bussiness 20,Interference 20!) has bought Deportivo and now they are have bought many superstars like Gourcuff,Quaresma,Dos Santos,Maxwell,Santacroce.Althought,they havent won anything!

Also,Mika Heikkinen(dont know if he is a real person-recourses 20,bussiness 20)has bought Villarreal and they have made a great team,2 2nd places in a row for them,behind Altetico Madrid

Is there a way to check all possible takeovers during the course of a save? Or do you just have to stumble across it in the news section or check a club?

It's easier to see clubs you highlight in the newspaper section, but you'd have to check them all to see. But for unusual transfers look for strange movements for big prices (strange clubs that is). The transfer that alerted me was a Colombian regen (mid premier league class) moveing form Sweden for £2.7m a big transfer for the Netherlands, and a huge one for Telstar.

vitesse got a tycoon in my game, midway through the 3rd season. they have just spent 20m on 5 players at the start of season 4 including 6m on royston drenthe. how long their manager will last we will see. they have been made 7/4 faves to win the league this season even though im going into the new campaign on a 61 game unbeaten run and bought 3 new players myself for 30m.

as for telstar they have just come up to the eredivisie. had a look at their finances they have £0 to spend and 56k wage budget (my top earner gets more than that on his own lol). also their ground holds a huge 2,000 people. i hope they stay up!

Archived