Changing a players position

Train him to that position by going on traning > New position > Striker and play him there in games till he becomes a natural/accomplaished striker.

I usest to favour doing this alot until I found out it takes up a players CA which has stopped me ever since.

If he does become natural though you cannot remove his training in that position though else I believe they become unnatural in that position after a while, depending on versatility i'd guess.

Train him to that position by going on traning > New position > Striker and play him there in games till he becomes a natural/accomplaished striker.

I usest to favour doing this alot until I found out it takes up a players CA which has stopped me ever since.

If he does become natural though you cannot remove his training in that position though else I believe they become unnatural in that position after a while, depending on versatility i'd guess.

What's 'CA'?

Retraining doesn't directly take up CA its just that more attributes become more important to the player and as a result are weighted heavier.

Example

Training a DL to be a DR makes no difference to a players CA.

but if you train your DL to be a DC then attributes like heading, aggression, bravery, composure, determination, jumping & strength all increase in importance and are more heavily weighted therefore taking up more CA.

Yeah, there was a massive thread for FM09 IIRC, where a guy would retrain Strikers to DC's, so that the weight on the attacking attributes was less, causing his Strikers finishing, composure, technique etc to raise dramatically. Training your player to ST will take time, depending on his hidden stats.

I retrain pretty much all of my players, however. Versatile players afb.

Archived