+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing a players position

Amateur

Default Changing a players position

How can I change a player position? I want to make Eljero Elia a striker in my 4-3-3 Formation but it says he is 'competent' in that position... is their anyway of making him natural or at least accomplished in this position?

First Team Squad Member

Default Re: Changing a players position

Train him to that position by going on traning > New position > Striker and play him there in games till he becomes a natural/accomplaished striker.

I usest to favour doing this alot until I found out it takes up a players CA which has stopped me ever since.

If he does become natural though you cannot remove his training in that position though else I believe they become unnatural in that position after a while, depending on versatility i'd guess.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFan7 View Post
    Train him to that position by going on traning > New position > Striker and play him there in games till he becomes a natural/accomplaished striker.

I usest to favour doing this alot until I found out it takes up a players CA which has stopped me ever since.

If he does become natural though you cannot remove his training in that position though else I believe they become unnatural in that position after a while, depending on versatility i'd guess.
    What's 'CA'?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by v InterfectoR v View Post
    What's 'CA'?
    Current Ability.

Determines a players attributes, better CA= Better attributes...

And possibly hidden stats, personality traits etc but I'm not sure about those.

Part-Timer

If you play him in the new position as well he'll get to accomplished pretty quickly.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFan7 View Post

Retraining doesn't directly take up CA its just that more attributes become more important to the player and as a result are weighted heavier.

Example
    Training a DL to be a DR makes no difference to a players CA.

but if you train your DL to be a DC then attributes like heading, aggression, bravery, composure, determination, jumping & strength all increase in importance and are more heavily weighted therefore taking up more CA.

First Team Squad Member

Oh right.

What about turning a RM into a RAM through training? That won't weight CA will it?

Reserves

Given how similar the positions are I would say any change to weighting would be minimal and not worth worrying yourself about.

First Team Squad Member

Excellent.

I have misunderstood the concept of it all then.

Thanks

First Team

Yeah, there was a massive thread for FM09 IIRC, where a guy would retrain Strikers to DC's, so that the weight on the attacking attributes was less, causing his Strikers finishing, composure, technique etc to raise dramatically. Training your player to ST will take time, depending on his hidden stats.

I retrain pretty much all of my players, however. Versatile players afb.

+ Reply to Thread