What Makes This Game Unplayable?

This message board - everyone complaining about these different bugs in the game - do it in the bugs forum.

Half of the bugs i see here i would never discover if I was just playing but now I start thinking about all the bugs and wonder if the game is worth it.

The people who just come on these boards to complain need to stop because you are ruining it for other people who come on here to talk ABOUT the game, not CRITICISE it. Go somewhere else if you just want to complain.

This message board - everyone complaining about these different bugs in the game - do it in the bugs forum.

Half of the bugs i see here i would never discover if I was just playing but now I start thinking about all the bugs and wonder if the game is worth it.

The people who just come on these boards to complain need to stop because you are ruining it for other people who come on here to talk ABOUT the game, not CRITICISE it. Go somewhere else if you just want to complain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GAVIN42:

Go somewhere else if you just want to complain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem. icon_biggrin.gif

I see where you are coming from and I believe the game is playable despite the bigs however;

- 14mins extra time in one game.

- 42 shots in one game, and various games with far too many shots.

- Player registration (which I haven't encountered (but everyone else seems to have).

- Terrible confidence feature.

- Board accepting lower bids than you have turned down.

- Commenting on every bloody match, even pointless ones.

To name but a few are very irritating. As I said I think the game is playable and am thoroughly enjoying it. However, I understand why some people are annoyed.

Complaining about people complaining made me laugh.

okay - 14mins in extra time never happened to me (it's a bug go into Bugs forum, that way it'll get fixed icon_wink.gif)

- 42 shots in one game, never happened to me (go in bugs forum it'll get fixed)

- player registration (if you've not encountered it then don't bring it up icon_wink.gif i've not either but because of these forums i now don't want to manage in spain which is silly)

- terrible confidence feature (at least there is one)

- Board accepting lower bids than you have turned down (maybe financial situation at the club has changed?)

- Commenting on every bloody match, even pointless ones (i assume you mean the media, Match of the Day don't stop interviewing people just because the game doesn't matter in your opinion, other people will feel it does matter)

I understand why people are annoyed, i don't understand why they have a go at SI etc. because without them there wouldn't be any game.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with SI and I love the game. What I do have a problem with is people being inconsiderate of other peoples problems.

The bugs forum does not get as big a response as this forum so it stands to reason that people will post here.

The answers you give I hope are tongue in cheek;

"if you've not encountered it then don't bring it up" is a rather petulant and childish reposte, MOTD interviewing because it matters to other people is rather symbiotic of your post givent hat it is a game and therefore the result matters to noone. It can become rather tiresome.

On a whole I have one question. You complain about relevance to the forum of bug posts, perhaps you could advise us on the relevance of your post. People express an opinion about bugs is no different to you expressing your opinion about their posts.

As I said I love the game and really enjoy it and thank SI for producing it but the very nature of a forum would be pointless if people couldn't express their opinion just as you have done.

mate i'm not here to argue

The Bugs Forum doesn't get a big response your right, so yes by all means bring up a bug in here if you don't feel it is getting adequate attention (it would perhaps be good if SI could comment at least on the discussions in the bugs forum because from what people say they don't and therefore people post them several times)

What is annoying is that the General Questions board is now full of bug reports and little discussion on the game in general...

In reference to my answers, YOU shouldn't be bringing something up if it has not happened to you because you are then just complaining about something which you don't even know if it's true

And people want the game to be more realistic so your going to get questioned on your matches, unless you don't want it to be realistic but the majority of people do.

The relevance of my post is to ask people if they could kindly stop posting about bugs and complaining about the game and instead talk about ways of making the game better etc.

I never actually said you were one of these people and you sound like a sensible guy so surely you can see what i'm saying is true...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GAVIN42:

Ahem. icon_biggrin.gif

I see where you are coming from and I believe the game is playable despite the bigs however;

- Player registration (which I haven't encountered (but everyone else seems to have).

To name but a few are very irritating. As I said I think the game is playable and am thoroughly enjoying it. However, I understand why some people are annoyed.

Complaining about people complaining made me laugh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's some IRL references to countenance your first two points:

- The Gillingham vs Yeovil match earlier this season had 15 minutes of extra time - Match Report

- England vs Portugal in Euro 2004 had 51 shots (true it was over 120 minutes) - Match Stats

The confidence feature is a little bit screwed, I admit. I'm performing waaaaaaay above expectations in my first season as Gillingham, but the board are merely satisfied with me. icon_frown.gif

TBH I do see where you're coming from but i'm just not sure if it's true. Most posts have a title that gives away what it's about so just don't read it.

I think the point you are making that I would totally agree with is that people shouldn't keep complaining that the game is unplayable as it quite obviously is. These bugs are irritating but you can get past them because of the games depth etc. Continous posts about unplayability and how p'd off they are with SI are getting boring, no to mention the repitition involved (there has got to be over a dozen topics re Spanish bug).

Reasoned and sensible posts are what we need, naming bugs and exploring their problems, not some idiot saying "I hate this game F*** you SI". Especially since they are all moaning on a website when if they were truely that annoyed surely a formal complaint which would require an official SI response would be best.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

TBH I do see where you're coming from but i'm just not sure if it's true. Most posts have a title that gives away what it's about so just don't read it.

I think the point you are making that I would totally agree with is that people shouldn't keep complaining that the game is unplayable as it quite obviously is. These bugs are irritating but you can get past them because of the games depth etc. Continous posts about unplayability and how p'd off they are with SI are getting boring, no to mention the repitition involved (there has got to be over a dozen topics re Spanish bug).

Reasoned and sensible posts are what we need, naming bugs and exploring their problems, not some idiot saying "I hate this game F*** you SI". Especially since they are all moaning on a website when if they were truely that annoyed surely a formal complaint which would require an official SI response would be best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen, perhaps i should have said that to begin with. Entirely agree icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aston_martin:

Not unplayable for me, just not in a state that means I want to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's the difference?

Guest sav112

I think we should all respect that these guys that spot bugs are invaluable and even very useful to the Developers. I might have only spotted a few bugs myself but I’m glad I’ve got a few thousand other pair of eye’s also interested in the game enough to point out ways to improve the game and enjoyment.

I actually hate people that come on here complaining about people complaining as there topics and people tend to be as useful as a chocolate fireguard, and that the polite way of saying it. Plus advertises they hay have nothing worth to say!

So I commend you with some Merit as being as useless as all the rest that have complained about complaining, hardly original ! icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aston_martin:

Not unplayable for me, just not in a state that means I want to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's the difference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May seem stupid but unplayable to me means that you can't play it, so for example if I tried to load the EPL when I start a new game, but the game didn't load any leagues at all and just left me with a save with no leagues at all (I know it's not possible, just hypothetical) or for example for some the spanish leagues are unplayable due to registration. Now as the game is for me I can load the EPL and play, but for me with the bugs it is unenjoyable, so not in a state that means I want to play it. Much like some of the previous Fifa's I could put them in my disk drive and play them but they weren't fun enough or realistic enough for me to want to play.

what's the difference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a cup of cold coffee on my desk, it's not undrinkable but I'm not in a mental state that means I want to drink it. icon_wink.gif

Make sense now?

The game isnt unplayable.

But the game was released too early, and many feel that waiting until 3 months after release for fixes to bugs that can at times ruin the game isnt very impressive.

It really doesnt take a genius to expect a backlash regeading this release of FM (particularly as new and exciting features are pretty thin on the ground)- it should be noted that a lot of moans I have seen are actually from people who have joined the forums because they are so displeased.

Their just venting their anger, its something that anybody who has worked in a customer facing environment has had to face and deal with- a shame SI have chosen to deal with this backlash by retreating into their shells, as this lack of visibility has just caused further frustration.

spagbol n aston martin - makes sense now icon_smile.gif lol

sav112 - don't really care what you think of me. I didn't think this would get a good response but it needed to be said. I respect the guys who discover these bugs. I never said i didn't (you should pay more attention)

I said i don't like people constantly reminding everyone of these bugs in the game as the Spanish Registration Bug for example has been widely broadcast despite there being a simple way to get around it.

Many people do an invaluable job i agree. But many many more complain for complaining sake. They don't want to enjoy the game they want to criticise it.

So i commend you for not reading what I actually said and therefore getting the completely wrong message.

Nothing makes the game Unplayable, just like nothing made El Dorado Unwatchable, but it was just that no one decided to watch it!

I realy have my fingers and toes crossed that the February Patch fixes everything, but I fear it might not.

If I had to order my wishlist of bugs that I hoped got fixed, it would be;

1. The Closing down bug

2. Super keepers

3. The Spanish registration & Reserve/Youth fixtures bug

4. Quality of regens bug (I like to play long career games)

5. Shots on target/goals ratio Bug.

6. One-on-One's bug (probably related to superkeepers bug)

7. Natural Athletes ReGen Bug (probably related to quality of regens bug.

I expect that 1, 2 and 3 will be fixed, maybe 5 and 6, but I doubt 4 and 7 will be correctd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

But the game was released too early, and many feel that waiting until 3 months after release for fixes to bugs that can at times ruin the game isnt very impressive.

It really doesnt take a genius to expect a backlash regeading this release of FM (particularly as new and exciting features are pretty thin on the ground)- it should be noted that a lot of moans I have seen are actually from people who have joined the forums because they are so displeased.

Their just venting their anger, its something that anybody who has worked in a customer facing environment has had to face and deal with- a shame SI have chosen to deal with this backlash by retreating into their shells, as this lack of visibility has just caused further frustration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

Their just venting their anger, its something that anybody who has worked in a customer facing environment has had to face and deal with- a shame SI have chosen to deal with this backlash by retreating into their shells, as this lack of visibility has just caused further frustration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

This is not a free game so we can expect that the product is bug free. I'm not angry due to the fact that there arent many improvements in this version because its only an opinion. But a bug is a bug the regen problem and many other bugs has ruined my game. You invest time and money in this product so I would really thank the people that complain about the bugs. I am waiting on the new patch because the game is unplayable for me and Im not the only one. SI is getting sloppy because there is no real competition. I'm not bashing SI because I really love this game and I'm playing it from the first version (cm) and its the only game that I play. The forum stayd with fm when they had the break with eidos now we except something in return.

it will be twenty times more moaning if the game is release 3 months later than it was. I know I would be moaning like a well paid whore as well.

The demand of FM users are getting higher and sometimes get to an unrealistic level. A lot of people who moan and bash the game are expecting the game to be absolutely perfect.

None of the bugs really make it unplayable aside from registration bug but major annoyances currently are:

1)Registration !

2)Shots on goal - too many - matches last ages due to this too.

3)corners (I know this can be fixed with tactics but this is beside the point)

4)Youth development doesn't work properly - MAJOR problem for my game

5)Old players almost instantly lose attributes/CA once they hit 30. Couple this with 5 and you can only get about 6 good seasons out of a player

6)small team bias.

7)The new confidence feature which does not work in any shape or form.

8)constant media comments with the same 5 responses.

9) Various other match engine niggles - too many to list but should be tweaked for patch hopefully.

10) Transfer AI/system/cost of players/selling of - see critique thread.

All of the above are encounted regular on my game, except 1 as I am avoiding any registration leagues.

SI are victims of their own success as we all hold them to high standards as they have set the benchmark for the football management genre.

This release can only be described as dissappointing, and it is unfortunate that their response to the backlash (which imo should really have been expected) is to have minimal interaction with the forums which gives the feeling that their customers concerns are being ignored, which in turn tends to spark even more complaining as far as online forum communities go.

However hopefully they are putting all that non-forum time to good use by fixing all the bugs that have been highlighted icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

The demand of FM users are getting higher and sometimes get to an unrealistic level. A lot of people who moan and bash the game are expecting the game to be absolutely perfect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think this is remotely the case. At this stage, I imagine most of the people complaining about the current match engine would settle for FM07's engine ported over, as post-7.0.2 patch it was more or less bug free. It wasn't perfect, mind you, but it did what it had to.

What people won't settle for, on the other hand, are glaring bugs which sap the enjoyment out of the game. Take, for instance, this scenario: Important match, nearing injury time, scores tied one apiece. Your midfielder plays your striker through on goal with a beautiful through ball leaving him 1-on-1 with the keeper for the game! If this was FM07, or any previous version, you'd be on the edge of your seat, poised to jump about and scream in ecstasy or hurl abuse at your rubbish striker for throwing away the points. In FM08, however, you're much more likely to be cursing the broken match engine because you already know the outcome. How do you know? Because something like 48/50 1-on-1's are saved by keeper, of course.

LOL he says Ahmen and then lists one of the most obscure bugs I have ever heard on the forum. Priceless!

Ahem. icon_biggrin.gif

Complaining about people complaining made me laugh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People who complain about other people that are complaining icon_rolleyes.gif

Complaining leads to evolution. If there where no complaining people the earth was still flat and Bush was the new santa claus.

Si has to be thankfull that we are complaining because its the community that develops the best part off the game. Researchers are all ex complainers. And complainers work for free. They are a blessing for a company.

Making mistakes is human but you have to take your responsability and fix them. Maybe Si needs a confidence screen icon_wink.gif. But I trust the dedication and professionalism of Si and I hope that the next patch will fix the most annoying problems.

That's exactly how I feel about the game too. It's the 1st FM game I've not regularly played because, in the state the game currently is in, I don't really feel like playing it.

Regarding the OP if you're getting bored with the complaints then very sorry, but people always should have the right to voice their opinion and this just goes to show how many people aren't satisfied with the way the game is playing. The very fact that there are a lot of similar complaints points to this fact. However I do agree that they should have some suggestion as to how to make it better (which many posts do).

For me, the game is unplayable - I'm into 2015 using 8.0.1, and things are just silly.

All of the major teams are full of 30+ year old players. All the top clubs spend £40 million on average players each season.

I made a post a couple of days ago that listed about 15 major problems that put me off continuing with my game for a while. Basically its fun to play for about 3 seasons but after things just get silly.

Archived