What has been your most harrowing experience/feeling on FM?

Mine has to have been on Saturday when I decided to clear out my old unused save games from my save game folder (I bet you can guess what’s coming next). Unfortunately I accidentally deleted (with the help of a few too many beers) my current save game, of which I had not made a backup save.

I had taken a team with a reputation of 600 from the Scottish 3rd division (revamped Scottish league setup) all the way to dominating Scottish football and had just won my first European trophy, the Europa cup, in the year 2026.

Needless to say I was absolutely gutted as this is the first time since the FM series began that I have completed more than 3-4 seasons with any one club.

No more beers and FM for me and I will be using that rolling save thing you can set up in preferences from now on.

So what has been your most harrowing experience in FM/CM?

You should a) do what Muddymatt suggested and b) check out some undeletion software, there should be something free that'll let you get your save back (unless you overwrote the part of the hard disk where it was/is stored by for example installing or downloading many big things in the meantime)

Archived