Whats your highest ever transfer budget in 1 season??

Just wondered how high the transfer budget can be in one season? And what you have all been allowed to spend?

Im in 2017 in my game, in charge of CSKA Moscow and mine has been £18million. Before CSKA i was Leeds boss and my first season in the Premier League with them i had £18millon too. But a few seasons back, Man City signed Pato from AC Millan for £65million!!

Whats your highest transfer budget?

Rushden and Diamonds in 2018/2019 I was given £38m :). Spent £37.5m and sold £65m.

For those interested the highest transfer on my game so far is Aaron Ramsey from Lyon (who got him on a free) to Real Madrid for £74m at the beginning of the season.

Really? I'd be bored rigid with a budget like that. I think I'd actually change clubs to get away from it...

When trying to re-build and start a new squad, £320 Million won't really go that far when your trying to sign 20 decent players then maybe 10 decent young/youth players to bring through the reserves and introduce for the 1st team slowly. That £320 Million comes from clearing out pretty much the entire team, leaving only the likes of Rooney and Macheda.

£320 mil is alot but i got £400 mil with roma about 8 seasons in started unemployed got job after 6 months bought players like canales etc youth and sold after a while and i stuck at it with youth and sold de rossi for £85 mil to real madrid plus a regen and sold totti for £17.5 mil cause hes an old player

Erm...yes, you do.

No you dont. You only get that much if you pay for players in installments or sell a load of players. Or are you transfering your wage budget over? Its something like £55m for title challenge and £63m for winner.

What has buying players got to do with your transfer bugdet? The thread is about "budget" not expediture.

And yes, it's £74m for title winner and then if you edit the transfer/wage budget, you get over £100m, which is lhinchliffe's transfer budget and that is the highest he has ever had, which is what this thread is about. :thup:

I thought it was the highest option available to you. So for Man Utd it would be for title winner which is not £102m.

If you want to slide over your wage budget and then blow £102m on players then good for you, but you'll be in even more serious debt very very soon due to the high wage bill.

Ok, but £102m is the highest option available to you/me, because...it's available.

Plus if you increase the transfer budget, it automatically decreases the wage budget, so the wages won't be a problem ;)

I'm 7 seasons in and I'm doing fine.

Ok, but £102m is the highest option available to you/me, because...it's available.

Plus if you increase the transfer budget, it automatically decreases the wage budget, so the wages won't be a problem ;)

If your spending £1.2m in wages and you have a wage budget at £1.4m and transfer the difference into your transfer budget, it will put your transfer budget up but your wage budget will come down to what you are spending, £1.2m.

If you then start to sign players, you will still be allowed to offer quite a few players contracts for high amounts. This could then push your total was expenditure to about £1.5m but your budget is only £1.2m so you will be losing £300k every week. Not really a good plan when you already lose millions each month as it is due to repayments.

What has buying players got to do with your transfer bugdet? The thread is about "budget" not expediture.

And yes, it's £74m for title winner and then if you edit the transfer/wage budget, you get over £100m, which is lhinchliffe's transfer budget and that is the highest he has ever had, which is what this thread is about. :thup:

Indeed. This is exactly how it is done to get a budget of that size in the first season. I've found in previous games that if you spend as much money as you can within the first three seasons you are more likely to get a board take over and bye bye the debts!

If your spending £1.2m in wages and you have a wage budget at £1.4m and transfer the difference into your transfer budget, it will put your transfer budget up but your wage budget will come down to what you are spending, £1.2m.

If you then start to sign players, you will still be allowed to offer quite a few players contracts for high amounts. This could then push your total was expenditure to about £1.5m but your budget is only £1.2m so you will be losing £300k every week. Not really a good plan when you already lose millions each month as it is due to repayments.

what he is saying is he can gain £102m budget but he doesnt have to spend it all...

£300k per week over doesn't mean you are losing that much. Plus 2nd season the wage budget goes up anyway, so you will be within it. Although you do have to be successful to keep making money, but if you are a decent manager it's no problem :cool:

Guest markyosullivan

Its not really that hard to get a massive transfer budget. I usually make profits every year in the transfer window by buying players cheaper than the value i sold my players for. And high sponsorship really does help too along with a big stadium.

£320 mil is alot but i got £400 mil with roma about 8 seasons in started unemployed got job after 6 months bought players like canales etc youth and sold after a while and i stuck at it with youth and sold de rossi for £85 mil to real madrid plus a regen and sold totti for £17.5 mil cause hes an old player

Just out of curiosity - did you offer out De Rossi for 100m or does the AI develop an interest in him itself while he's set to not for sale?

Problem is that the higher your transfer budget is, the more difficult it is to buy a player for the same price you'd have in previous seasons. It seems that the game has some inflationary mechanism. So, if I was able to buy 4 players with 10M in season 1, this money can only get me 3 players in season 2. Not fair, considering that computer-run clubs keep buying players for the same regular price...

how do you get an insane offer for a top player?

do you keep rejecting and state that the player is not for sale until they make an insane offer OR do you offer the player at the insane amount if they make a decent offer???

personally i dont like massive budgets. they seem great but you end up signing players you dont need and end up with too many players and disrupt the harmony and rythm of the team, then get frustrated when these players dont play well

Archived