+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Woodwork shots

Semi Pro

Default Woodwork shots

I ended up winning 1-0, but if I didn't I'd be extremely p!ssed off, man. Really, 5 shots?! I seem to have a cursed striker, who has a shot at the woodwork almost every match. This match probably was held during one of those lunar alignments event or something like that

Semi Pro

Default Re: Woodwork shots

Happens all the time here .

I had a 0-0 draw where I hit the woodwork 6 times, before winning on penalties (of which 4/6 were saved!)

Part-timer

When I was Newcastle and played against Sheff Utd, I scored only with my 12th clear cut chance

Amateur

It's football....it happens

Amateur

Like I asked in the other thread, do your players who love hitting the woodwork have the 'places shots' PPM?

Spain's goal earlier today involved the woodwork three times!

Amateur

It's football... It happens... Way too often in FM12. Thing is... It happens to me a lot and I don't see this concerning AI teams... SS added. Enjoy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Amateur

Oh... BTW... I won 6-1 shots on the woodwork.

Amateur

Half Time of the following match, 2 shots on the woodwork. Oh... What am I saying? It's football... It happens...

Amateur

1-3 in woodwork shots. The same result as in goals.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Amateur

The two following matches after those 2, incredibly I had some more shots on the woodwork. That's four in a row. Hardly a record, but hey.... It's football....it happens. My record in this kind of "almost real life" football managing game stands in 32 games in a row with shots from my players bouncing in the posts. And the record for most shots on the post on a single match stands in 8. Would someone care to take a wager to see if I break it?
    Last edited by mitzra3l; 07-02-2012 at 04:26. Reason: Misspelling error... Sorry...

Amateur

My players are masters of hitting the bar.. If they dont shoot the bar they never trie to pass to open team mate.. It seems more logic to aim for the bar or for the photographer behind the goal

Amateur

There probably are a lot more woodwork incidents than real life but I don't care, it adds a bit of excitement to a game and makes it a bit more fun (unless I lose 1-0 of course, then it's not fun).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Toshef View Post
    My players are masters of hitting the bar.. If they dont shoot the bar they never trie to pass to open team mate.. It seems more logic to aim for the bar or for the photographer behind the goal
    So... I can assume you have a training schedule to practice that aiming at the posts?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jon157uk View Post
    There probably are a lot more woodwork incidents than real life but I don't care, it adds a bit of excitement to a game and makes it a bit more fun (unless I lose 1-0 of course, then it's not fun).
    Sure.... It's fun and exciting... Try to make a run like mine and then tell me about it. Right now I'm on 6 matches in a row completing my career as a woodwork polisher. Luckily no defeats during this period.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mitzra3l View Post
    Sure.... It's fun and exciting... Try to make a run like mine and then tell me about it. Right now I'm on 6 matches in a row completing my career as a woodwork polisher. Luckily no defeats during this period.
    lmao @ woodwork polisher!

+ Reply to Thread