6th spot finish and no europa league

Well just like the title says...

Finished 6th with everton

aston villa- 7th

tottenham- 8th

Aston villa and tottenham play in europa league the following season while everton never leave the country!

Can anyone suggest a real life reason for this? I think i know why the game did it, Aston villa and Spurs both won a domestic cup, but is it right that everton get leapfrogged?

No, Spurs qualify automatically due to them winning the F.A Cup. Then as you and Villa should have qualified and only one can, it comes down to the fact Villa won the League Cup, that gives them the advantage.

It doesn't give them "the advantage" they qualify because they won the League Cup.

Yeah, sucks for both of you :(

3rd next season smokey...then there's no problem :D

By luck i went one better and got 2nd! what with no european football that season. Had first spot all season then died in the last few games. In my third season now, its the difficult 2nd season i should have had, fighting for 5th just now

FA cup - If the two finalist clubs to qualify for a European competition next season, the Europa League place goes to the league.

If one team qualifys for a European competition, the place will be awarded to the other finalist, regardless if they win it or not.

League cup - If the two finalist clubs are due to qualify for a European competition, the Europa League place goes to the league.

If one team qualifys for a European competition next season, the place will be awarded to the league if that team wins it.

If the team that doesn't qualify for Europe via another source wins the cup, they will be awarded with a place in the Europa league next season.

Hope you understand that and it should clear everything up, ( and im 95% sure im right :p ). :thup:

Archived