a new camara angle.

I'm indifferent about the first idea. I wouldn't use it personally.

And the second idea is, sorry, rubbish. Why would you make use of any such option, should it be created? Have you ever seen an effect irl?

your all entitled to your own opinion lol and the secnd idea managers allways get sent to the stand....

It happens occasionally at best in RL but given we have no way of communicating with the referee during the match its not going to happen in FM.

However try complaining about the referee after the match a few times and see what happens.

It happens occasionally at best in RL but given we have no way of communicating with the referee during the match its not going to happen in FM.

However try complaining about the referee after the match a few times and see what happens.

i know cougar touchline ban...

and fair enough fellas only an idea

I think it would be very difficult to see anything in a dugout view, let alone seeing your tactics in action. Remember, a screen only shows a fraction of what your eyes can see, and not in 3d which would be needed in that view.

I remember something about a dugout camera angle being brought up a while ago. Personally, I think it's a good idea because you get to see what the manager see's IRL. It would just depend if there are many people willing to be more realistic whilst playing FM and make use of this.

Hmm, I don't see anything "realistic" about having a dugout view in 3D. IRL you are a lot more aware of what's going on around you compared to what you would see from a dugout camera on a computer monitor. Besides, 3D isn't anywhere near good enough yet for this to be an option.

I'd really like the option of a camera a little more similar to a broadcast angle (slightly lower and less wide). I know it would slow things down a bit by having to move, and might not be practical till the animation is improved a bit, but it would be nice to have,

I would like a 3d horizontal one looking down on the Whole pitch, with no need to scroll to follow the action. A mix between the 2d view and the vertical scrolling 3d view.

IIRC, dugout cameras aren't allowed due to licensing issues - it's to do with not being allowed to show closeups of the players or the kits or something like that. The current graphics are nowhere near detailed enough for that close a camera anyway.

The dugout cam is an idea that has been suggested a few times. A while back, someone from SI chimed in and said, aside from the technical issues of showing players up close, there were licensing issues at play as well, and that a dugout cam would not be part of the game for the forseeable future.

This is where the line between realism and gaming collide. It would be more realistic but less effective from a tactical point of view. Besides which, a camera can't reproduce the human vision eg. a human eye could see more than the camera could capture from that position.

Archived