Congrats on Winning the League Cup...Here's a Tenner!

Is this a bug?

Look at the prize money for winning the League Cup in Iceland!

http://www.refplanet.com/stuff/tenner.jpg

I know it's used as a series of friendly matches to warm up for the regular season, but come on! That's just insulting! Either have NO prize, or give a proper one!

I can't even buy my players each a packet of crisps with that money!

Is this a bug?

Look at the prize money for winning the League Cup in Iceland!

I know it's used as a series of friendly matches to warm up for the regular season, but come on! That's just insulting! Either have NO prize, or give a proper one!

I can't even buy my players each a packet of crisps with that money!

ee ay ee ay ee ay oooo

off to Burger King we go!

(we won the Cup)

Finances

And as someone who takes his FM career seriously, i can tell you that i did plenty of research on Iceland before taking the job, and actually their weather is surprisingly mild, because they are along the path of the Gulf Stream.

And from the end of May until mid-August, it is day time 24/7! The sun briefly sets each day, but not far enough down to make the sky turn dark. Must be difficult to sleep!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Thats a lot of money to some people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely not to professional footballers, even if it is Iceland!

If the amount is accurate to real life, then it's possible that it's a nominal sum required to make the competition official. Which would make sense as it appears to be a friendly competition rather than a full blown cup tourney. Not speaking or reading Icelandic, I'm unable to find any sources describing the rules of the cup.

(and fatboy, Iceland is one of the most expensive countries in Europe, if not the most expensive. £10 would buy very little.)

There must be other benefits such as easier passage into Europe - although you might actually want a harder passage so you are more likely to get more money after all.

Sure, it may not be much, but it's a lot more than 10 pounds...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

Wondering what the squad bonus payout is? If it's more than a tuppence per player?

"Hey, guys! If you win the League Cup, I'll make sure everyone gets a 50p!"

Every player then responds with a PR of "Inspired by promise of a proper bonuses" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

Wondering what the squad bonus payout is? If it's more than a tuppence per player?

"Hey, guys! If you win the League Cup, I'll make sure everyone gets a 50p!"

Every player then responds with a PR of "Inspired by promise of a proper bonuses" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Knowing FM, that probably would happen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

Well I tried to do a bit of reserch to help you guys out.

Unfortunately, the top google result for "iceland league cup" is this thread.

The wikipedia page is pants as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FH is bloody amazing! I just can't seem to beat them in any competition.

I'm pretty sure that there is a mistake there somewhere, since there is no way that the reward money is a tenner, even though it wouldnt be a tenner it wouldnt be that much money anyway.

This is a small semi-pro league and with population of about 320k there is not much income for teams other than in european competition, and due to them being during Icelandic off-season the players wont be in a good shape and won't therefore not do that well, in total in the 2007 season just above 100k shoved up to watch games in the Landsbandadeildin (Icelandic Premier League)

@VonBlade, you should check that site again for pictures in a year or two, there's a major construction work going on there right now they are upgrading all the facilities they have.

Can't say as I noticed the proze money, but then I was left fuming by the Quarter-final draw which gave home advantage to all the qualifiers from Group A instead of what it used to do in FM06 which was to give home advantage to the top two teams from each group.

My Grindavik team went to the trouble of winning Group B unbeaten then got drawn away to a killer Div 1 team who finished 4th in Group A. Sure we should still have beaten them, but it annoyed me that we didn't get home advantage. We weren't the only ones though at least. Vikingur (for such they were) knocked out FH or KR (I forget which) in the semi-finals.

News item after our defeat said that a bonus of £0 was paid out to the players. I don't know if that was accurate or just rounded down - I suspect the latter!

Archived